I am so happy

I am so fucking happy. Cheap Computers make me so damn happy I wanna cry. There is no better feeling than buying a cheap 75 buck dell optiplex with fair specs. Why do people even buy shitty computers for web browsing for 300+ Bucks when you can buy a dell optiplex for 75, a moniter at goodwill for 5 bucks and a mouse and keyboard for

Attached: serveimage.jpg (945x709, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/learn/us/en/70/shared-content~data-sheets~en/documents~optiplex_9010_technical_guidebook.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=VVW4W9sCto4&t=11s
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883288162&ignorebbr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those office dells have a bit of a comfy about em.
I got one that is absurdly silent.

That’s cool my man. I got this 9010 for $200 and threw a $100 rx 460 in it. Plays most games at 1080p30 high settings or 60fps medium pretty well.

i7 3770
16GB 1600
2TB HDD

Attached: AF42F011-BAD5-4006-8211-3C5E536629E7.jpg (2048x1537, 605K)

install xampp, turn into web server
>and do it on gentoo faggot

sexy noctua brown

Ive done this for so many friends.

>Sister, old boss, cousin, other cousin roommate
>ebay
>i5 2400 8gb
>gtx 750ti without external power

pic related, my sisters HP

Attached: HP82002.jpg (1077x808, 673K)

Does the RX480 get powered through PCI? I had no idea that the power supplies in the optiplex even came with with cables for PCI cards.

>Why do people even buy shitty computers for web browsing for 300+ Bucks when you can buy a dell optiplex for 75, a moniter at goodwill for 5 bucks and a mouse and keyboard for

Thats the best thing man. When my new Optiplex arrives I can slap in an old graphics card and play any games of my teenage years. Thats the beauty of it man.

I got my Thinkpad R500 for 85 bucks too. Lifes a deal.

>Because we actually have a decent job and can spend money however we like it.
I work in a minimum wage job and brag about it.

Thats like my dream setup.
I've seen a bunch of people on youtube throw 1050tis
in 9010's and 7010's, but when i tried it, it didnt work
out. Turns out the pcie slot on those boards only
have something like 35 watts going to them while
the 1050ti needed 75. I'm not sure how the magical
youtube people did it

Is your sister hot pls post pics

Ive done it on three different dell optiplexes and it worked just fine. With the 750ti which i assume is a higher wattage.

Thats really weird. When I had trouble with mine,
it would boot, but the bios or nothing would show
up until it got into windows. And even then,
the resolution would be really low. It wouldnt
let me raise it until i installed the drivers, and even
when after i did, the system would crash once it was put underload.
I went here to see if anyone knew what the problem
might be and they directed me to the technical
manual showing the the pcie slot was only 50
watts.

dell.com/learn/us/en/70/shared-content~data-sheets~en/documents~optiplex_9010_technical_guidebook.pdf

I dont know why i was remember it as 35 watts.
I guess i was over exaggerating but still.

also, i should clarify that this is for the SFF models
I think the mid tower boards supply the full 75 watts it need.

Bobs and vagene?

The 750 ti never really uses its rated tdp. I'm not sure if the 1050ti is the same way.

Attached: Capture.png (865x524, 325K)

>t1700
>i7 4790
>16gb ddr3
>$399

seems a bit steep, whats a fair price for one of these Dell's?

Attached: vivaldi_2018-06-02_23-07-46.png (1541x887, 520K)

>All proceeds go to charity
wew

i wanna get one thats LGA1155, toss in the i7-2600 and 8gb DDR3 i have in a drawer, and then toss in one of those Battle Flag 1050Ti 4gb GPUs from China, so i can bring it to LAN parties

No
The best thing you can put in that is a low profile 1050ti

yup - Battle Flag makes a 4gb 1050 Ti thats both low profile AND single slot. look up the "ASL 1504" on eBay. i did some research, it's legit. only issue is the fan isn't controlled by software, it's just 'on'.

Holy fuck that is actually a cute GPU

Attached: s-l1600 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

And if you don't want to get chinked too hard gigabyte makes a low profile 1050ti as well

T. Poorfag with exact same optiplex 9010 with a gigbyte low profile 1050ti in it

I go to the landfill and get stuff from there. Very cheap indeed.

yeah its like a single slot/low profile with a sorta 'reference-style' blower. There is a dude on Youtube who has one in his Phenom II rig. vid here, but he uses a bit of a potato camera. youtube.com/watch?v=VVW4W9sCto4&t=11s

Does HP have proprietary ATX connectors like Dell does?
So do you just have an extra power supply outside of your machine powering the card?

some HPs do, some don't, it's not a constant.
as for this PC, many RX460s don't need additional power, and just sip from the 16x slot

Has anyone tried using one of these for a NAS with RAID 5? I'm tempted to use my i3 Optiplex 9010 for one, but I don't really have that much faith in it not catching my house on fire.

Attached: 667003875e0f6bcad5321b8c1cbd625f.jpg (670x270, 31K)

what monitor are you using? I didnt wanna use vga, and didnt have any dp monitors, so i got pic related since it has dvi on it. hooked up to a 1600x1200 ips monitor. 1.87ghz core2 duo, 4gb ram, 320gb hd. i paid $90 for the computer/keyboard. maximal comfy

Attached: usff.jpg (2120x1416, 2.89M)

any thing similar size but AMD?

i dont think they have 3 drive bays, and even if you managed to cram 3 2.5s in there or something, i dont think it has 3 sata ports.

i use a dektop optiplex with 3 internal 3.5 drives but it was not easy to find and required a 5.25 bay to HD adapter

see
the desktop on the right side of the desk has an 80gb boot drive and 2x 2tb wd reds in raid 1 via mdadm on debian, serving nfs

things been incredibly reliable and no problem saturating the gigabit line

yeah, I had to get an adapter on ebay that ended up being the wrong one. I ended up splicing one of the wires. I forgot exactly what I had to splice but in the end it worked. Have to press a key on boot to skip an error message due to the splicing/different psu. Other than that everything worked.

The rx460 in lol

I'll probably just get a proper RAID card and just move all of the hardware into a bigger case along with the stock power supply.
Good to hear it is running smooth! The PSU's in these things have me a little worried, but heck the hospital I work at has the same desktops. They have not burnt it down yet.

>I'll probably just get a proper RAID card
raid-cards run proprietary non-free firmware, while mdadm and other software RAIDs are free and open-source.

Ayy, I didn't know that. You just saved me a future headache.

>a moniter at goodwill for 5 bucks
So you're abusing a system for real poor people.
How about kys.

>soft raid
Ew.

>750 Ti
Does she play games? If not, why bother with the GPU?

any one who prioritizes free and open software will tell you to go with softraid. if you use a hardware raid card, and the card fails, your array is dead until you find the exact same raid card. hopefully you can. in software raid, if your computer dies, you just copy your raid config file to another computer and youre good to go

hardware raid offers no benefit over a software raid on a system with a ups

I can never find good deals.

Attached: sad zaku.png (300x300, 18K)

>tfw live on a disgusting 3rd world island so shipping is always $70+

I feel your pain

she plays games

with his heart

I found two old monitors plus some other junk in an abandoned trash yard. They were covered in grime and some dirt is caked inside the crevices. But they are intact. Do you believe I can resuscitate them? The screws are rusted and stripped so I haven't opened them up yet to look inside.

Attached: IMG_20180526_200040~01.jpg (1080x1889, 756K)

>Do you believe I can resuscitate them
i think you're more likely to electrocute yourself trying

fuck you if i could get good computers at those prices i would have a shit load too

As long as the innards are intact, go for it. You should ask one of the retro threads for help.

>only poor people are allowed to shop at Goodwill
American education

how do you enjoy the computer and the internet without videogames?
I'd be bored to tears if all i had was videos and posting on Jow Forums

>not realizing that anyone who spells it "moniter" is probably poor as shit anyway

theres no space for storage devices in those

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883288162&ignorebbr=1
$158.1 w/ promo code EMCSPVPR2

Looks like a pretty juicy deal to me

>why do you even need that expensive fast PC when you can have trash like me

I don't get why poorfags do this

Yeah, it's like TDP isn't equal to power consumption, that that meter is going to have like +-10% accuracy, that mining doesn't use full potential of a card...
PCIe slot by specs needs to supply 75W, some cards might work, but most of them will crash under load anyway.
I remember RX480 at launch taking like 82W and it melted a few mining rigs.