/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and (embed) IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: c89381341ba767ec36cb524d6618437d.jpg (1500x2000, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE
youtube.com/watch?v=BZyzX4c1vIs
youtube.com/watch?v=Bvt5YnocRp8
youtube.com/watch?v=uw8k090Wai0
youtube.com/watch?v=o6F2u6Cigoc
chinkshit.xyz/infographic.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=o63mXv9Z3h8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the old thread hasn't reach bump limit yet

Anyone?

Attached: 60989B42-0896-46C0-B1C9-F2FFD4413187.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

You should probably consider the rope for saving that garbage on your hard drive, boy.

I'm a little confused as to how the outputs work on this unit. Tried reading the manual but maybe I'm too much of a brainlet. Both outputs on the front can function as a individual unbalanced headphone outs but if you use them together they work as a single balanced headphone out? How does that work, do you just use mono plugs or is there a setting where you tell the unit to do that? Genuinely interested in this unit

Will the SRM-252S run L700?

Attached: 1527832120917.jpg (580x365, 33K)

What?

>Budget: 50-70 Dollars
>Location: United States
>Source: Computer/USB (USB is very important)
>Full-Sized
>Closed
>Comfort Level: As long as I can wear them for a hours and not have sore ears
>Don't care about sound signature really.
>Past Headphones: Shitty headsets that would get coiled up and eventually just break.

The headSET I have right now is on the fritz and crackles. Looking for headphones now, since I have a desktop mic at this point.

It HAS to utilize USB for its connection. Computer can't take connections through audio jack.

Cheaper is better for me.

Also, is there any way to keep a cord from getting coiled up? It's been a huge problem for my last three headsets where the cords will begin to coil and tangle on themselves to the point where it's damaging the wire and giving me about a quarter of the length of the cord.

He probably hates anime. Odd that he would even be on 4 Chan tho.

Attached: 1526442552631.jpg (408x314, 74K)

How is the isolation on takstar pro 82? And how comfy it is? I want to use it at work and don't want anyone to pickup my idol trash songs.

>how comfy it is?
youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE

It is extremely comfortable and it is closed-back

Idol trash here. What's your phones like, user?
Very nice.

Attached: 1505018133606.png (1870x1050, 91K)

not him, but yes you need mono plugs to use that
in the pic you can see he's using an 4pin XLR to dual mono 1/4in plugs adapter

And I'm assuming there is some kind of setting where you tell the unit to output separate channels to each port? Because I believe you can use each port as normal unbalanced headphone outs.

yes, you can use both of them as singled ended stereo as well

isolation is only good with all the ports closed, but that pretty much kills the bass

No, I'm talking about the interracial cuck before the mods cleaned up.

I wonder what got that dude so upset he decided to derail a thread

Autistic fit over bump limit not met by 10 posts.

Nice Senn veil

Where?

Cope nigger.

This. I need closed backs for this reason.

What are you listening to?

Attached: Capture.jpg (2560x1440, 428K)

Solo Live! Memorial box III umi

Attached: 1510165713786.png (250x250, 109K)

can e10k drive t50rp/t40rp? i heard planars need more power than their specs sasy.

Grab a Magni 3.

her is what stax shills do not tell you: it's money abyss if you get into electrostats

>t50rp/t40rp
no.

Don't get a t50rp/t40rp

I think 600s aren't clean enough for anime voice clarity. With better amp I start to notice a few of inconsistencies, they doe when there is music in the mix.
Also a little weird feeling when I noticed something slightly bumped into mic in one of older shows, first time I heard it. Amp makes half headphone, i'm sure at this point.
Wouldn't brighter headphones do better?

Get Argon mk3.

Attached: Side_off_stand.jpg (1500x1125, 95K)

>anime voice clarity.

Attached: 1525924154208.jpg (310x207, 56K)

not everything revolves around music,on side note they are pretty bad for jazz with bass and piano
digging into why voices got veeery slight problem on 600s, leads to other sounds like clinking of swords in games, or gunshots or birds chirping
I need a perfect all rounder because I can afford to use only one pair.
Looking at DT1990 for now(my price is $400 for it), since everyone says it's good for all kinds of use.

Attached: 1507550661834.jpg (858x1295, 174K)

Definitely don't get an Argon

jesus, this post. someone, please.

Attached: 1504005943327.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Post transports

Attached: IMG_2597.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

>jesus, this post. someone, please.
I'll do it
S T A X
T
A
X

I own stax and what he is looking for is Argon mk3 with superior sound stage and bass for gaming. Plus his buget is $400 stax set up cost $800 plus blu tack.

Attached: 1526180621838.jpg (377x351, 24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BZyzX4c1vIs

Attached: flowers forest grass headphones long_hair nagakura_(seven_walkers) original skirt tree water.jpg (1200x788, 419K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Bvt5YnocRp8

what's the best headphones an SMSL Idea can power?

hd660s

youtube.com/watch?v=uw8k090Wai0

user, how big is your music folder?

1.2Tb not that big

>D-day 5 of saving up for my s-s-stax ea-earseapkers...

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 75K)

how much have you saved?

LCD X > Stax trash

I'm tempted by lambdas but for 1k$ earspeakers I'd prefer a non plastic build. I don't get why they don't use the omega build for their cheaper models.

youtube.com/watch?v=o6F2u6Cigoc

With pic related.

Attached: IMG_20180212_202316.jpg (1600x1200, 739K)

is chink amps any good?

get beyer.

Which chink amp?

especially f1. chinkshit.xyz/infographic.pdf

Keep going user! Those pairs of shoes can wait!

topping for dacs
audio-gd for amps
SMSL for cheap amps
the only chink products worth the money

I want to lick her legs

disgusting

Gays not welcome

I don't think I'd recommend buying one that cheap.

Anons, I like my HD650s, but they don't really fit my music super well (rap, EDM, etc.). I need something with more bass. I'm deciding between buying a Bottlehead Crack, or selling them and buying the Massdrop TR-X00, because I don't like keeping multiple pairs of headphones around. What should I do?

Crack+Atticus

youtube.com/watch?v=o63mXv9Z3h8
here, have a listen to real life Nodame.

Are the HD800S better than L700?

Keep them and buy the TR-X00 ebony.

Nah, not spending over $500 on a single pair of cans.

get x2 then, you don't seem to care about highs

Are the ebonys really that much better than the mahoganys? I'm not the type to obsess over balance.

>Are the HD800S better than L700?
depending who you ask, there is like 10 people in the world that owned both

Best aesthetics and best FR of the three

I'm . They sound different enough that I suspect the question of which one is "better" is going to depend on your personal preferences.

I personally like the HD800S better because they're a tad warmer, has more bass oomph and images better than the L700. But I think the deciding factor is the HD800S feels more high quality in your hands and are more comfortable on your head. The L700 is kind of flimsy and doesn't really reflect its price.

Attached: IMG_20180212_205929.jpg (1600x1200, 1.32M)

yes I want lambda with metal structure

that plastic and pads used on Ls cost maybe, being generous, $30 probably less even if you include mold production
No idea why stax refuses to design anything but that.

>No idea why stax refuses
Japanese are stubborn and as greedy has a jew but have passion and make good shit. Most of them money goes into the tech.

Well said

Attached: 1501116940723.png (597x872, 398K)

when will topping stack be back on massdrop?

Is ZMF /hpg/ approved?

Sure why not.

>1k$ fostex mods with wood cups
>literally made by a jew

oy vey

>reddit spacing

I'm lonely and want to chat about music and audiophile stuff with anther fellow cute user also maybe I want to be bullied a little can anyone indulge me please I'm a qt girl ;w;

>qt girl
Prove it.

On another note, is 35 mW @ 300 ohm sufficient for HD600? I'm pretty sure it is bc it comes to 3.24 Vrms but I'm not sure about the HD600's sensitivity.
Is the HD600 sensitivity 97 dB/mW or dB/V? I just need to hit the 110 target.

97 dB/mW. Sennheiser typo.
Also:
>110 target
Did you read this off some guide without bothering to think how loud this really is?
If you aren't planning to listen to a huge amount of subbass and infrasonic rumble, you have no justification. There are better headphones for that anyway.

I mean, maybe user wants to listen to a jackhammer with full volume.

>hit the 110 target.
no, you don't

>is 35 mW @ 300 ohm sufficient for HD600?
Not at all. That's less than even the piece of shit Fulla 2.

>35 mW @ 300 ohm sufficient for HD600?
nope, and it's not about loudness
they just sound dull on weak amps, may as well get yourself 598 and be happy you won't notice the difference
ran 600 on weak amp for a long time.

Thanks!

Any physical CD recommendations? I've got $100 to spend on discogs. Need me some CD's to play on my shiny new toy. I like music a lot.

Attached: THEPS4RUINSIT.jpg (1536x2048, 906K)

HD800 for $500? Do reviewers lie?

Attached: 1512810859080.jpg (606x750, 52K)

>physical CD
for what purpose? I get vinyl fags and their "warmth", sort of.
CD is digital through and through.

Optical audio out of my CD player has always sounded better than USB audio from my computer to me.

Attached: EX7iBzb.jpg (2048x1536, 875K)

Does this general also talk about in ear headphones?

If so, can anyone recommend me some that are in the 20-30$ range?

I want to use them on my laptop or phone when I'm on the go.

>Also a little weird feeling when I noticed something slightly bumped into mic in one of older shows, first time I heard it.
It's called accuracy. If you only want to hear voices, remove everything else with EQ. But that's stupid.
>I think 600s aren't clean enough for anime voice clarity.
Disagree. What's your "better amp"?

Wait a second how can you use mono plugs if those outputs are also wired to take TRS stereo jacks? If you used mono wouldn't the right channel output end up touching the ground of a mono jack? Or is this device so outer space advanced that when you put it in that setting it plays the right channel to the tip instead of the ring?

Ok seriously, what compelled you to buy a $4000 dac? What part of that thing made you think "yeah this is worth 4 grand". I don't even know what the rest of those devices cost but they're probably also stupidly overpriced.