What is the T420 of 2018/modern day?

What is the T420 of 2018/modern day?

Attached: t420_2.png (512x327, 73K)

Attached: notebook-xps-13-polaris-pdp-design-3.jpg (965x553, 98K)

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 4K)

The current 14" T-series Thinkpad is the T480.

Probably a 51nb mod of the t420.

True but is it arguably not the same quality anymore? I was under the assumption that the best business laptop has now changed and its not Lenovo

Attached: elitebook 700.jpg (259x194, 5K)

If Lenovo is garbage, then HP is toxic waste.

The T420 with an SSD

All modern laptops are garbage

an Asus ROG gaming laptop with 8th gen Intel Hexacore processors.

Doesn’t exist :^(

This.

Got one for a friend that was looking for a cheap laptop and he absolutly loves it.

Nothing further from it. I'm forced to use this at work and it's a mac-inspired, aesthetic-first, ethernet-lacking joke.

X1 Carbon seems pretty cool

Does it have a Ryzen APU option and is it like $499?

No. Aren't there supposed to be thinkpads that have come out with Ryzen shit already?

MacBook Air

Attached: 17E7F788-BEEB-4476-9AEA-B56483507A1D.png (1440x1080, 2.88M)

It is until the motherboard fails on the fifth unit in one month.

The T430 with the classic keyboard mod and BIOS flashing.

Only a retard buys a T420, since a T430 is cheap as fuck now when it's objectively the best ChinkPad.

what do you do at work that would make ethernet significantly better than wifi?

Not him, but I work in IT. Having an ethernet port is helpful for diagnosing network problems. Unfortunately they've given me a Surface Pro 4 at work. Useless heap needs a dongle to do anything.

old xps 13 is still gold, comfy kibort.

The T430 with the classic keyboard mod.
Also with an SSD and perhaps a CPU upgrade.

T540

T420 with coreboot, quad core, ssd and 16gb ram

why not just get a t430 and replace the keyboard, then do all that.

>What is the T420 of 2018/modern day?
T420
If you care about muh cores, upgrade to a quadcore CPU (preferably ivy bridge), and it won't be too far behind coffin lake or ryzen laptops.

It's still the T420, dummy

Reminder you need a clit mouse and a quality keyboard to be a t420 replacement
I unironically wish the anniversary edition wasnt such a shitshow. If it were a decent price with a good nvidia discrete gpu with a nice intel cpu I'd hop on that fucker faster than a white girl on a new iphone release.
Instead we got an overpriced piece of shit. I want the keyboard and nub, but I'm not gonna bend over for lenovo to fuck me for it. My t420s is still (mostly) kicking.

T430 with the xx20 series keyboard, SSD and 1080p IPS mod. You can also get a quad core but it's not really needed.