Physical number pads on laptops

>totally redundant
>forces you to use the laptop off-axis instead of at the center
>could literally be designed into the main keyboard with Fn functionality
>probably won't be used much anyway unless you are a legit software engineer
defend this.
a numberpad is fine on a desktop keyboard but has no real reason to exist on a laptop. it's just a nuisance.

Attached: numbpad.jpg (600x387, 66K)

>defend this
No, it's fucking stupid. If it's that big of a deal to you, dock it and use an external keyboard

>laptop off-axis instead of at the center
imho dealbreaker *ugh*

>could literally be designed into the main keyboard with Fn functionality

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good one

>legit software engineer

Consider finance, or anything beyond basement shitposting

>defend this
I need a numpad to play rouge-likes

I'm a CAD designer and type in numbers all the time. So the numpad is good when I don't have my laptop docked.

>>could literally be designed into the main keyboard with Fn functionality
>haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good one
behold
>>legit software engineer
>Consider finance, or anything beyond basement shitposting
Ok, so software engineering or finance. TWO jobs that "need" the number pad instead of just one.
And even then, you could just use pic-related.

Attached: virtual number pad.jpg (1472x1012, 230K)

Get a controller you fag.

>there is no laptop with a 60% keyboard

Attached: pepesmoking.png (509x411, 18K)

Why would a software engineer NEED a numberpad? I just use the top row number keys

IMO the numpad can stay on mobile workstations. And if you still complain about the numpad then you probably don't need the power of a mobile workstation anyway.

idk, that's what they all say. "doesn't have a numbpad, it's trash."

Attached: flower eye shrug.gif (400x225, 2.47M)

>if you don't like redundant keys that fuck up useflow for virtually no reason, you don't deserve a computer at all
how retarded can a person be?

Non-programmers think we type in numbers all day long instead of defining them once.

> unless you are a legit software engineer
You literally never enter a series of numbers that requires the efficiency of a numpad. Legit engineers use some form of math scripting (be it python+numpy, matlab or other shit your employer provides)`, not goddamn excel.

Function keys should be put on top of number keys.

Numpad isn't used by most people yet it's on most keyboards. It's even less used on laptops, you're delusional if you think it's actually used by more than 3% home users. Even most people who use it won't use it more than 50 times in their lifetime. The only exception are actual jobs where you punch numbers all day like banks.

This.

It's way faster to type numper on a numpad

>Function keys should be put on top of number keys.
Why? For what purpose?

It's acceptable on a desktop keyboard because you can obviously just move the keyboard over, but on a laptop it's kind of retarded because who does financing on a laptop anyway?

Not really. You can use the line just as quickly, you can reach 0 and 1 simultaneously, and you won't even have to move your hand to switch between letters and numbers.

Saving space

Problem solved.
If your laptop has room for numpad, it's too big.

Attached: 81OyJt7pn5L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1079, 215K)

That actually increases space. By utilizing function keys as alternates to a normal qwertyboars, you save space by mot having a dedicated function row.

qwerty board

not

fuck im tired...

No reason not to have them as long as we're stuck on the 16:9 meme.