What is most “stable” gnu/linux distro?

What is most “stable” gnu/linux distro?
Is it Debian Stretch or Gentoo?

Attached: 02B1FCD4-36C3-4EF2-8D35-1501C854C400.jpg (1500x1500, 1.12M)

Mint

Nothing is stable.

Dunno about Gentoo, but Debian Stable is pretty stable. The only thing is that minor bugs don't get fixed. The only one I can think of is when selecting files in Cinnamon's "Open File" dialogue. Instead of the file being selected only upon double-click, the file is selected if you click once, wait ages, then click on it again.

Sounds like a bug with cinnamon not debian.

CentOS. I've got a headless instance that's been running for over a year without a reboot.

Attached: priest blessing servers.jpg (900x598, 79K)

Slackware

Slackware is hands down the most ultrastable distribution witha ny support behind it. Debian/Devuan follows behend it by a few miles.

Attached: fag.jpg (492x618, 33K)

Yeah? Well when will Slackel, Salix, or any of the other Slack based distros start using a modern Linux kernel?

What is the most stable non-systemd distro?

Within a month of when Slackware 15.0 comes out (which isn't that far off.) "Ultrastable" means ultrastable. You can download a newer kernel if you really need one in the package manager as it is, or you can build one yourself.
Slackware is the most stable distro period.

Attached: the_notorious_sam_hyde.png (1060x1278, 1.22M)

Yeah about that, can't really do that when no distro will work OOB with Raven Ridge until they incorporate using at MINIMUM kernel 4.16.9

I don't know what the fuck that is, but Slackware current is running 4.14.47 at the moment, and 15 will likely run a newer one.

Mint is pretty stable. At least it's never given me any issues.

Raven Ridge is the name for the new Ryzen/Vega APUs like the 2200/2400G
I have the 2400G and have tried every fucking bleeding edge distro to boot as a live usb and none of them boot

Distros that have never given me problems
> Ubuntu
> Debian
> Fedora

Distros that have given me issues
> openSUSE, but I think that's dead now anyway

>Raven Ridge is the name for the new Ryzen/Vega APUs like the 2200/2400G
Ah I getcha. That sounds useful Nvidia is the worst fucking shit of all tiem and I ahve to deal with it every day so I understand your pain.
Don't worry about it though, it won't be long before more distros support it. Compiling a kernel is easy, but in your case you'll have a bad time because you'll need a new version of MESA and Xorg. My best friend had to deal with that when he got a really new GPU a while back.
I wish you luck user. I'm an ulstrastable fag and have always been one, but then again this is the hardware I'm using.
Ubuntu is shit. Debian is good but SystemD is shit, use Devuan. Fedora works well but SystemD is shit and RedHat is literally the fucking problem of the GNU/Linux world.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-03_10-29-36.png (662x418, 16K)

Thanks, it's a pain in the ass, I tried modifying Manjaro on boot to make a live usb work with it but no dice, for some reason it had a problem with my USB 3 ports on my Asus board, other distros freaked out at the fact it had a 2400G, but I run a 580 and the iGPU is disabled in UEFI, yet none of the Live USBs I tried (Manjaro, PCLOS, MX Linux, AntiX, openSUSE Tumbleweed, etc) failed upon trying to boot the live USB, looks like I'll be waiting a loooong time before I can even use a Live USB for Linux

>Ubuntu is shit
why?

Unity was a failed abortion that lasted half a decade of everyone's time, and hundreds of thousands of dollars of R&D. See pic related. Some Redditor remade Unity 1:1 in look and functionality in XFCE, and it isn't a buggy piece of shit. Now imagine that every project Canonical works on suffers the same fate. Failed project after failed project through poor management. It almost seems as if Ubuntu were a giant money laundering scheme, but even then I don't give them that much credit. There's literally no reason to use Ubuntu when you can use Debian/Devuan. Also, SystemD but that's not a complaint for a lot of people.

Attached: to7d1nxapbx01.png (1920x1080, 777K)

Debian Buster mah nigga.