/mpv/ - the vulkan media player

Attached: a1ek0yiboptsymwuftco.jpg (1073x614, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haasn/libplacebo
github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/input.conf
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/
github.com/FFmpeg/nv-codec-headers
ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5511
twitch
ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-May/230018.html
ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-June/195283.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DDcyQl4As
files.catbox.moe/vt5vvp.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why should windows users use potplayer/madvr over mpv?

- Better double/triple/quadruple scalers.
- Fast and easy custom resolutions creator.
- Automatic and viable "reclock" built-in, display-resample is weird.
- Better interpolation/smoothmotion.
- Better streams support, yes potplayer works with youtube-dl.
- Better than loudnorm algorithms for DRC.
- Tested tone mapping algorithms, works amazingly with projectors.

Libplacebo is the future of madVR and mpv's renderer:
github.com/haasn/libplacebo

MPC-BE is better.

Would it be possible to turn custom shaders on and off during playback?

What proof you have that DRC from potplayer is not pure crap?

How do I set it so that madVR outputs sRGB? In mpv its just one config line

github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/input.conf

>people prefer mpv over mpc-hc+madvr for these reasons
>....no gui and text format so i can feel like a 1337 hacker

LOL

>gui

what for, retard?

>click video
>open with mpv
>???
>done

>prove me right
>try to defend it
>get btfo by self

LOL

>vulkan
D3D11 IS better.

Is opengl-hq deprecated?

Not yet. Use profile=gpu-hq it's the same thing.

>open player
>play video
>watch
>video ends
>close player
Why don't you just watch the video? Are you a hacker that would literally interrupt your own watching experience to change some bullshit through the GUI?
mpv literally "just works", even macfags use it

macfags use iina.

Hopefully madshi will switch to d3d11 soon.

How do I use it on mpv then

Default on Windows...

>D3D11
deprecated piece of trash, we're not in 2010

The only real reason I use mpv on Windows is because its easy to get set up nicely, its just copy and pasting like 5 lines from the manual.
To be honest I don't know how to set up MPC-HC - any help? I've asked on /sqt/ a few times before but no one replied.

honestly, stay with mpv
MPC-HC/BE is a nightmare to configure and when you think your are done with it, you still have to configure madVR

How do you update mpv on Windows? Do I need to run the install script again?

Just download the latest package here: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/

And replace mpv.exe &.com (and .dll if you need it for other players)

Still better implemented than that haasn mess.

There's actually a powershell script in that which updates youtube-dl and mpv if there is a newer version available. Pretty nifty, thanks.

Bring wm4 back!

>2017-12-25
Is this site maintained anymore?

Attached: mpv builds for Windows - Mozilla Firefox.png (1764x1285, 403K)

Not really, use shins builds: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/

Or make your own.

That's the latest stable release, but I don't know how well the site is maintained. "Download statistics" for example just takes you to a blank page. Use git builds, no stability problems, comes with manual, keybind page, and updater for mpv/youtube-dl.

> mpv-x86_64-20180603-git-7f625ea.7z
CUDA decoding is still broken :( Back to mpv-x86_64-20171225.7z

the maintainer is switching to a different build system
and taking their sweet time, as usual

What do you mean?

>Use git builds, no stability problems, comes with manual, keybind page, and updater for mpv/youtube-dl.
CUDA decoding is broken, so I'll stick to mpv-x86_64-20171225.7z for now.

What do you even need cuda for?
hw decoding? Why not use dxva or d3d11va?

It doesn't work at all. This is my config:

hwdec=cuda-copy
vo=direct3d
loop-playlist

Screenshot from mpv-x86_64-20171225.7z. cuda-copy works fine. On mpv-x86_64-20180603-git-7f625ea.7z it doesn't say anything about decoder, so it's using software decoding.

I like COUDA better. I have a Titan Pascal, why not use the card's own features if possible?

Forgot image. This is mpv-x86_64-20171225.7z

Attached: Ани Лорак - Новый бывший-kVwG31I5TcI.mp4 - mpv.png (852x522, 706K)

>I like COUDA better. I have a Titan Pascal, why not use the card's own features if possible?
congrats, I have no answer to that.

And here is mpv-x86_64-20180603-git-7f625ea.7z
Same config

Attached: Ани Лорак - Новый бывший-kVwG31I5TcI.mp4 - mpv 2.png (851x522, 816K)

It's not actually broken, cuda has been removed from ffmpeg. Dev files are here now github.com/FFmpeg/nv-codec-headers and maintainer of those builds doesn't know about that probably.

Tell him he's fucking retarded. At best cuda will give him compatibility problems.

Oh, they made CUDA support separate. ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5511

>maintainer of those builds doesn't know about that probably
Most likely.

Never ran into any issues. It's the most efficient decoder.

>potplayer
Hello China.

六四天安門事件

Well ye, but he likes that.. who cares.

memepv is great

Attached: [Dreamless] Layton's Mystery Detective Agency - Katry's Mystery Solving Files - 07 (CX 128 (1920x1080, 1.1M)

China > Germany

Hanna, could you respond?
Is a nice motion interpolation going to be added into libplacebo?

Should I change this at all?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-03_14-02-35.png (231x120, 5K)

Hanna just got a girlfriend(boy), libplacebo is dead.

That's pretty much the standard for quality playback without getting into shaders, no need to change anything if it's working well

Actually you should change to profile=gpu-hq

Nice shitpost...

Thanks, I've seen that mentioned in a couple guides.

It's pretty much the same thing, just an updated synatx
Also a word of advice, don't follow guides as if they were law, they're generally either out of date or feature extremely specific Configs that can cause issues when used by others. Stick to the manual and ask here I'd you need help with specific configurations.

Any way to stream twitch via mpv?

install youtube-dl (windows i think you just put youtube-dl.exe in the same folder as mpv.exe)
then drag and drop a link onto mpv window, or type "mpv url" in command line

you can also use streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

I hear streamlink is the way to go

>There's actually a powershell script in that which updates youtube-dl and mpv if there is a newer version available.

I use this every week.

>I hear streamlink is the way to go

youtube-dl is better

you install "open with" on your browser, point it to mpv and right click the twitch link after adding youtube-dl

gpu-api=vulkan
profile=gpu-hq
scale=haasnsoft
cscale=haasnsoft
dscale=gaussian
deband-grain=0
deband-iterations=2
deband-range=12
deband-threshold=64
fbo-format=rgba32f
target-trc=gamma2.2
temporal-dither=yes
video-sync=display-resample

glsl-shader="~~/shaders/ravu-r3-chroma-left-smoothtest1.hook"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/ravu-r3-rgb-smoothtest1.hook"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"

I used to use streamlink mainly but I switched back to youtube-dl again. I still keep streamlink as a backup though because sometimes streamlink works on a site where ytdl doesn't and vice versa.
With youtube-dl you can seek back in the stream (I don't think you can do this in streamlink, at least it doesn't let me seek by default maybe there's an option for it) which is useful because I often miss shit having it open in the background.
You can make clips too with this keybind which is pretty cool.
alt+r cycle-values record-file "/path/to//${filename}.ts" ""
Everything you watch after you hit the keybind is recorded to a file, so you can seek back and clip it if anything cool happens. It's best to leave a few seconds buffer either side as it goes to the nearest keyframe i think so it can sometimes cut the ends off.
I don't think any of the webm scripts work with livestreams. (encode.lua says no, and webm.lua seemed to get stuck)
Also a keybind to open twitch chat (I don't usually have it open so sometimes I want to open it quick if happens, or if I want to see if the stream is just down for me or everyone else). Also only works with ytdl not streamlink.
alt+c run firefox --new-window twitch dot tv/popout/${filename}/chat?popout=
I find with streamlink it's slower for the window to appear, even with force-window. It's probably the default cache levels but I always find myself like 10 seconds delayed behind the stream in browser.

so... the fucking guy that created mpv just abandoned the project and you're telling me that it's not dead?

he finally decided to take a well deserved break from OSS multimedia
I was really surprised with his pace at pushing stuff out since Nov/Dec or so when I would have expected certain things to happen, but he just kept churning stuff out and just stripped himself of any rights in the repo
plus FFmpeg really is toxic so I bet it's generally a good thing for him to just take time off, it seems like he set vacation messaging for his mail, too
ok, seemed like a bit of animosity between some members
nah
I mean, I must say that I probably could have been less lenient with him and his churning of large PRs, and that might have pushed either forwards or backwards the exact moment of him deciding to have time off, but I kind of felt it was coming sooner or later
for the record, I still see him on IRC daily so far and he seems well enough, complaining about Firefox and other things :)

>I always find myself like 10 seconds delayed behind the stream in browser
demuxer-lavf-o=live_start_index=-1

I'm on shitty uni wifi and internet breaks often. Once it breaks playback on any streaming video and I have to reconnect it doesn't resume.
Is there a bind to reinitialize the video from the same url?

Is there a way to use srgb 125% on mpv?

you what

Does the vulkan thing work on Linux? How to use it?

gpu-api=vulkan

I don't get the ffmpeg toxicity part

well have fun browsing that bloated piece of shit that is twitch tv in your browser then

Redbook me on Vulkan.
Why should I develop with it instead of OpenGL?

Attached: 1508645314272.jpg (1192x856, 115K)

what

to open links with ytdl you would have to browse twitch in your browser, which is bloated as fuck

>even macfags use it
macfags are special, they don't have any good player of their own, so they need to use VLC, mpv and the like

the devs are mostly like small children and also huge assholes. There are some really obnoxious spiteful bastards, some people who can't stand the abuse and want the community to do something about it, and then there is other half of devs who are either too lazy or tired to do anything, or edgelords that think internet should be free, everybody should be allowed to do what they please and others better STFU and deal.

End result, lots of poeople there ended up hating other devs, half of people are not on speaking terms with multiple other devs and there are spats and drama all the time

Seems the development slowed down a lot recently too, it might have reached critical levels tho it has been that way for a decade perhaps (there was the libav/ffmped drama too, same thing) and was aggravated for several years now.

Attached: 1454140123431.jpg (853x480, 190K)

>the devs are mostly
>edgelords
I don't know them that directly, and might have exagerated that, but at least some assholes are/were there and they acted as a divisive factor at the start and probably added to people having animosity between each other that would not otherwise develop and are now hard to overcome.

there are a bunch of different ways you can open the link without going on the site

you can google the channel name and use the open with addon to right click and open in the link in mpv
you can google the channel name then drag the link onto mpv
you can type the url and drag the text onto mpv
you can drag the bookmark from your browser into mp
you can open it from the command line
if you view a channel a lot you could make a bind in mpv e.g. F1 loadfile url

the downfall of every freetard project is always people who refuse to moderate for the better of the project, and only for that. if you leave your brat unsupervised for too long. just look at Jow Forums for an example

all of that is too much manual work since you would have to check if the person is online first .

Reminder that Vulkan performs much better now that nvidia switched to a llvm based spir-v compiler starting 396.xx

with streamlink gui it is a total of 2 clicks
first open gui
second open stream

I played around with windows after quite some time. Installed latest unofficial mpc-hc and madvr and first thing I bumped into was it literally shit itself with a 4k hevc video. Read around in doom9 thread turns out Windows 1803 update fucked with exclusive fullscreen. shinichiro's latest mpv build was quite fine with vulkan.

I'm not really impressed with windows in general, they keep regressing in ways. Same 4k video was playing fine in windows default video player earlier but they removed official HEVC codecs sometime and replacement addon package now shits itself in other ways while playing the video, it now doesn't have sound and skips around.

Why is Alice so cute?

Opening the stream is checking if they're online

Is it possible to open a youtube video in mpv in one click? I want to search on youtube and have any video I click open directly in mpv.
Would it be possible making a custom protocol in firefox like mpv:// and set firefox to automatically open mpv:// links in mpv then use a greasemonkey script to replace all youtube urls with mpv://youtubeurl and then once that is sent to mpv use lua to strip the mpv:// and load the url?
In a similar way to how opening a mailto://[email protected] link automatically opens your mail client.

Any link to some of these dramas?

You can absolutely seek with streamlink if you enable the arugments for mpv.

I've basically had the exact opposite experience that you've had. Steamlink opens instantly when using rtmp on twitch aswell as --no-cache. youtube-dl takes at least five seconds to open and play in mpv regardless of what site you use it on. There is even a submitted issue on the github repo about it.

Anyway, are there any more mpv options for an old computer I should use? The only one I have is vo=xv.

it goes on and on, really. I saw a lot of it on the irc when I was looking at their logs. There are also flamewars on ML (when you look all the way back to the ML discussions about the ffmpeg coup attempt and then the libav fork and what followed, lots of hostility too).

The most recent glimpse is this I think ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-May/230018.html

I think you will find stuff when you search the ML for various "votes" like ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-June/195283.html and for mentions of code of conduct

I kind of got it to work

create /usr/share/applications/ytdl-handler.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=mpv Media Player Handler
GenericName=Multimedia player
Comment=Play movies and songs
Icon=mpv
TryExec=mpv
Exec=mpv --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui -- %U
Terminal=false
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;Video;Player;TV;
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/ytdl;
Name[en_GB]=mpv-handler

then
sudo update-desktop-database

Then in firefox open an ytdl:// link and set it so it opens automatically in mpv
Pasting ytdl://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DDcyQl4As into the url bar and hitting enter opens the video automatically in mpv and it plays fine.

Got a greasemonkey script to replace youtube.com with ytdl://youtube.com
// ==UserScript==
// @name YTDL Link
// @include *
var links,thisLink;
links = document.evaluate("//a[@href]",
document,
null,
XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
null);

for (var i=0;i

I noticed some sites force open in a new tab so you get a blank ytdl:// tab as well as it opening in mpv so it would be nice if the script could fix that,

Is there a better stats script for mpv? I want the same kind of fps erad that mpc-hc's stats have. One where it shows what the framerate is supposed to be while also showing the rate it is currently playing.

The frame pacing histogram would be nice too.

You can use the "Open With" addon and set mpv as a browser. That works too.

How can I edit my config to have mpv use faster but lower quality options for specific resolutions (Ex 4K 60 FPS and 8K) but keep high quality rendering on files 1080p 60 FPS and lower?

auto-profiles.lua

>potplayer
files.catbox.moe/vt5vvp.mp4

mfw I didn't even notice the signs to begin with.. too bad they don't typeset like that today.. lazy fansubbers only changing fonts of crunchyroll subs

(unless that anime is new, in which case theres a rare exception)