/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cybersecurity and Information Security General

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

◊ archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

» Thread Archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

≡ IRC
> Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
> #Jow Forumspunk
> #Jow Forumssec
> #nfo
> (All require SSL)
> IRC guide:
> github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Ψ Last threads:

Attached: br.jpg (4000x2279, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Jow
theverge.com/2018/6/3/17422752/microsoft-github-acquisition-rumors
github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.17-Released
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.18-ARM64-Has-SSBD
lwn.net/Articles/281901/
bbc.com/capital/story/20180530-how-humans-bond-with-robot-colleagues
valhal.la/test/index.html
neondystopia.com/cyberpunk-music/cyberpunk-music-dossier-january-2018/
bbc.com/culture/story/20180529-did-the-hippies-have-nothing-to-say
theregister.co.uk/2018/06/04/bill_clinton_and_james_patterson_release_cyber_attack_thriller/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP here, sorry if there's an established user who makes the threads, I just hadn't seen a new one pop up.

I was just about to post. Where did you get the thread comment?

good choice of pic btw.

argh, I'm finally able to post again.
For anyone still stuck, there appears to be an issue with one ob ublock's filterlists, see
github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/1968

thank you for bringing us back up. Yes, there's a couple of anons usually creating the OP, but apparently noone has been around

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

Jow Forums is blocking nordvpn. what do you guys use?

Good to see it back. Last thread expired too early.

>established user
Not really, there are several. One known as OldOP was compiling info from all the old threads, a truly herculean effort. So there is no monopoly.

>one ob ublock's filterlists
it was easyList

you sure?

Attached: hm.png (1226x580, 56K)

Finland doesn't seem to work.

I don't 100% see the connection either. Anyone prove him wrong?

Just buy a pass. If you can afford NordVPN you can afford a pass.

Nor do I, I just assumed neither /cyb/ or /sec/ were able to survive on their own so they merged?

This , plus a lot of /sec/ types are interested in cyberpunk, and vice versa.

It's also a good way to add a little substance to /cyb/ threads, and make /sec/ threads a little more relevant to an imageboard.

So what makes this thread different/better than hackerman?

Trying to go for SSCP using the All in one guide from Darril Gibson. Anyone have experience? What does the book leave out? Also I'm a tier 1 security analyst if anyone has any questions.

We did a poll that showed most people have an interest in both, that is until some OCD clown filled the poll with junk.

Essentially /cyb/ very often relates to /sec/ and even the early literature made this clear. Also, as shown in OP and FAQ the entire world is now /cyb/ and /sec/ and the net is often just called cyberspace even though we do not yet have full neuroelectric connections. Even .mil talks about cyberspace, pic. related.

Attached: Cyberforsvaret_heraldisk_våpen.svg.png (577x1023, 89K)

There's a metasploit module called "Steamed hams"
Why is this a thing?
Who makes these?

>This , plus a lot of /sec/ types are interested in cyberpunk, and vice versa.
no dear, no
it's the role players interested in these things, not the people in the industry

>Microsoft has reportedly acquired GitHub
theverge.com/2018/6/3/17422752/microsoft-github-acquisition-rumors

Decentralized Github NOW github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent

Attached: 85D656A6157543DD96EADBED56D7B248.jpg (640x334, 21K)

First off this is far comfier.

Secondly this thread actually proceeds rather than noodling around in small circles, by having made 2 (possibly 3) FAQs that are continuously updated. The /cyb/ FAQ started last summer some time before July and since than we have seen 16 revisions/updates.

I cannot see that the other thread has achieved much.

Attached: 1481897511573.gif (500x700, 999K)

>Decentralized Github NOW github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent
Most of it is 3 years old, some 1 year old. Yet another dead end?

What about GitLabs?

Where to learn more about x86-64 asm ?

Nothing that works is a dead end, moreover when is an necessity to make something like that and currently there is no alternative.

GitLab is not the same. We are way past the need to create a decentralized GitHub and we are now stuck. And is not about just hosting somewhere else, is about users finding the software and developers have it easy to find each other. Please, try to see how filesharing got it better with torrents and you'll understand.

We should mirror all those pastebin links on a good website. Any rec?

A torrent, or better yet, a blockchain.

Speak for yourself. A lot of people go through a /cyb/-fueled skiddie/larper phase, move into the industry when they grow up, but retain a taste for cyberpunk as a guilty pleasure.

>blockchain
cringecompilation.jpg

Actually ipfs could be a good idea since they have a web interface, so does blockchain.

ipfs is ded
i'd add an embedded zip on a jpg but i don't know if Jow Forums still allows to upload those

>ipfs is ded
What? And, why?

>i don't know if Jow Forums still allows to upload those
Nope. It's a bannable offense now, IIRC. You can probably guess why.

How do I check my mobile's wifi chip to check compatibility with Hijacker? Can't find the model anywhere

lets see if this works then

guilty of exactly this

I was memeing.
If you want to set it up then go ahead.

What's the nastiest thing you can think of doing with raspberry pi, a good understanding of Python, kali linux and/ or any other tools you would use (including all robotics-based stuff), preferably to get rich. Asking for a friend.

Sell it?

>What about GitLabs?
No idea, please tell.

>Nothing that works is a dead end,
True. However, is it in use? Moreover, I had expected at least some security fixes in that 3 year period.

The easiest solution is to use the FTP site we already use as a repository for all sorts of files, including the FAQs. I guess wget and zip will be sufficient.

Really wish this would take off. I think that torrenting is very underrated. I read some really cool ideas when it first went mainstream but few really came to be. Now it's all about blockhain.

>inb4 GitBlockhain NOW

Fuck didn't even go through the whole thread before posting

but yeah fuck that

The problem with torrenting is that unless you're on a private network with enforced ratios, there's no reason to seed. I'm sure that someone will come up with a blockchained git where people have to burn tokens to do shit, make a fuckton of money from the ICO, then exitscam.

Yeah, torrents are more of a sharing/hippy culture thing. Probably why it didn't become more popular

Who uses metasploit anyway?

How does ipfs overcome the bandwidth problem that comes with planet scale sharing?

I always wonder what kind of brainwash the society is suffering when I see this kind of answer about ratios. I am sorry but this isn't about hosting only, is about cooperation. Yes I understand this is a capitalistic society where we all are brainwashed into thinking nobody is going to cooperate but that is a blatant lie, there ARE people seeding torrents in public trackers and of we talk about the software itself some people use you can be sure seeders will exist.

So please, enough about treating software as if it were a hermit activity, drop the argument of the ratio and enough of the brainwashing.

Just put it at ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ and inform others that it is there. That way people will save the data.

Bump

anyone know what a dasher admin panel is?

Attached: stock-photo-young-man-listen-on-phone-and-confused-664662022.jpg (450x321, 22K)

I looked up the artist and he has made a lot of /cyb/ images including things for Blade Runner. There is also a lot of other styles including some space opera stuff.

=== /sec/ News:
Linux 4.17 is now out phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.17-Released
However there is a lot more Spectre mitigation to come - in 4.18: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.18-ARM64-Has-SSBD

Why the huge delay?

Seems to be a very internal Google tool.

Gotta give the NSA the opportunity to update their exploits.

Did anyone really audit the Debian crew that snuck in the largest security hole in the history of humanity when the "updated" the crypto system?

Redroof me on this?

I too want to be redroofed

Attached: 1*[email protected] (1600x1066, 510K)

Took me a few seconds to realize that this is a photo.

Should be pretty well known lore. Also the comments here are worth reading:
lwn.net/Articles/281901/
Also interesting is that the first fixes were bad. I am sure the guys at NSA were giggling like school girls over this. It is so gross it is hard to see it was an accident and even if it was it simply must have been picked up by the intelligence communities across the world, roughly immediately.

Who knows what else lurks in the kernel.

We live in an increasingly /cyb/ world and the barriers of what is real and what is possible are coming down.

=== /cyb/ News:
>BBC - Capital - How humans bond with robot colleagues
bbc.com/capital/story/20180530-how-humans-bond-with-robot-colleagues
>They're supposed to be coming for our jobs but in practice humans are developing a soft spot for their new robot colleagues.

Human capacity for cruelty and empathy are equally hard to grasp.

>To all who knew him, this brave hero was affectionately nicknamed Boomer. He had saved many lives during his service, by going ahead of the team to search for lurking bombs that had been laid by the enemy. At his funeral, Boomer was decorated with two medals, the prestigious Purple Heart and Bronze Star, and his metallic remains were laid to rest with a 21-gun salute.
People *really* take this seriously.

>Again, an example might be the Roomba, which research shows is easily personified – despite the fact that it’s just a black and white disc that makes beeping noises. In a 2010 study, actors were filmed while they pretended to be vacuum cleaners with a variety of personalities, such as “bold” or “careless”.
... equally seriously in civilian life.

Anyone up for some friendly penetration testing? I'm curious to see what bases I forgot to cover.

valhal.la/test/index.html

>P-please go easy on me, user

A bit quiet here today. Seems there is an urgent need for 21 separate threads on Github.

Seems Neon Dystopia is moving forward, slowly. Still https fails to work. And site is slow.

And apropos earlier discussion on /cyb/ music, they have some inputs:
neondystopia.com/cyberpunk-music/cyberpunk-music-dossier-january-2018/
Still no clear definition yet.

Attached: The_Matrix_Trinity_Kick.jpg (560x460, 122K)

=== /cyb/ News:
Many of the /cyb/ authors experienced the hippie ear. Wm Gibson left for Canada in 1967. So what impact did the hippie movement really have? Not much, it seems.

>BBC - Culture - Did the hippies have nothing to say?
bbc.com/culture/story/20180529-did-the-hippies-have-nothing-to-say
>Andrew Blauvelt aimed to show how, invigorated by energy from the prosperous post-war years, the counterculture movements surrounding the hippies set the stage for postmodernity. The 1960s and early 70s marked the peak, and ultimately the failure, of the modern dream of a world without pain and suffering. The years that followed ushered in a new era defined by neoliberalism and global capitalism.
>It’s important to consider the context of the hippies, a majority white, middle-class group of young people with the undeniable luxury of being able to ‘drop out’. Even considering their participation in the civil rights and anti-war movements, the fact is that hippies had less at stake than those fighting for civil rights so that they could fully participate in society, not drop out. The hippies romanticised indigenous and eastern cultures (without considering the suffering of poverty) for their lack of modernity, experimenting with communal living and imaginary bohemia, creating an artificial marginality, which they saw as ethically righteous.

In today's unbelievable
=== /cyb/ News:
>Ex-US pres Bill Clinton has written a cyber-attack pulp thriller. With James Patterson. Really
theregister.co.uk/2018/06/04/bill_clinton_and_james_patterson_release_cyber_attack_thriller/
>It's about an impeached commander-in-chief... and infosec. Get your popcorn
I never knew he had a self ironical streak.
>Pop murder mystery scribe James Patterson has teamed up with former US President Bill Clinton to co-author novel about a commander-in-chief going undercover to prevent a catastrophic cyber attack.
... or that he was a console cowboy.

Anyone know much about getting a fake ID? this seems like a good place to ask

Jesus I can't tell if this is going to be bad, ironically good, or unironically good.

With a plot like that I wouldn’t be surprised if it could be a roller coaster ride involving all three

It has the markings of a cult classic. I am just not sure for which reason....

Attached: serial-experiments-lain-ordenadores.jpg (759x480, 69K)

no matter what it is, i'll be reading it cover to cover

Microsoft is not the same since 2014

Attached: Microsoft-Open source.png (716x190, 5K)

So uhmm
Im graduatibg from an e&ce uni, have some light connections and want to work in the security department
My issue is that the department is huge, and I really love most of it
So what exactly are the juicier prospects in your minds, and how would I go about chasing them?

Bump

Security with AI. Hype but could take you places.

My master's paper was on developing tools for automated malware reverse engineering and analysis through machine learning so I guess I got lucky lmao

Anyone have experience writing Splunk rules to detect lateral movement? I've been going through common AD attacks like kerberoasting and translating the events they create

Funnily, AI driven virus attacks and defence were mentioned in Neuromancer and that is 34 years ago now.

>not running BlackICE firewall

Bump

We haven't really gotten to the point where you can kill people like that over the net. Not even the garish user interfaces of the 90's managed that.

It was an actual IBM product, called BlackIce. IBM knew they were a Megacorp.

Killed off (!) 10 years ago.

Fuck off arrogant prick

I wonder what the equation for this would look like?

A lot of people do, but to claim its the majority of the /sec/ community is at the very least unfounded

It was very mainstream at one time. A large majority of the adults in the entire tech industry are at least familiar. A lot of concepts and technologies are ripped straight from cyb fiction, now that doesn't mean they're hardcore cyberpunks but they know what they're in for.

Well ofcourse they are familiar, most people working in the tech community now that are in their 40s-50s grew up watching Hackers and whatnot, and the entire 90s had cyberpunk everything
I just argue that the majority probably just consumed it as entertainment and nothing more, other than perhaps a spark in the interest of computing

The FAQ suggests there were several periods where /cyb/ was extra hot. The Matrix made it hot but TRON (Legacy and Uprising) failed to reignite the spark, strangely enough.

It was big before the Matrix, that was practically a revival. VR was a big meme in the 90s, too. Nobody ever figured out how it was supposed to be cool but they liked to make endless movies about it.

Tron Legacy, meh. Not very legacy-ish. Uprising is probly forgotten cause it got shitcanned so fucking hard by the mouse. Great show.

>It was big before the Matrix, that was practically a revival.
I know, Neuromancer lit the fire. What I meant was that Matrix was probably the last time /cyb/ was made hot for the larger masses.

Attached: 42722af04b90d50eaf001a2a41e951f3.jpg (736x1208, 90K)

The animation, you mean? I guess it would be easier to generate the mesh procedurally and then rotate it one sector angle in small steps. I have a few more like that.

FTP site is down. We really need a backup somewhere. Anyone got any ideas?

Github