/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot of tutorials on Youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=YySa723VD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost 2 offsets to overclock Ryzen 2000X series!
>Delid i5/i7 -K series

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen is unlocked)
>Only Z-series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Heavy usage/mutitasking
>32GB+ - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or RX 570/580; currently overpriced
>GTX 1070/Vega 56 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p
>GTX 1080Ti

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better price/GB) instead of small SSD & large HDD.
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>2K is not 1440p
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: pipi-bed.png (900x1310, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JiJud00IsE
everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-eight-core-2.8-2008-specs.html
computerbase.de/2018-04/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-red-dragon-test/3/#abschnitt_uebertaktbarkeit
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/sqp323/acer-monitor-xf270hu
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/scM323/aoc-ag271qg-270-165hz-monitor-ag271qg
youtube.com/watch?v=DTW1eV8lj5E
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ7955919
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157785
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119006
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144079).
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kbwMV6
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/p6pdHh
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
pcpartpicker.com/product/wNvbt6/gskill-sniper-x-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3400-memory-f4-3400c16d-16gsxw
pcpartpicker.com/list/mBc8MZ
hardocp.com/article/2018/05/15/amd_wraith_prism_cpu_air_cooler_review/3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he cute

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 47K)

i honestly like this version of pepe.

Deleted the other thread since I had the wrong previous thread number.

I'm excite for new 28CU Vega APU. Shame it's not a 6 core.

>The 8700K is only 7% faster now
Man, the 2700X is closing the gap by the month.

Vega shill BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=4JiJud00IsE

Attached: 1070ti vs vega 56.png (2560x4302, 2.67M)

>Recommending Vega

Attached: Xm6DdR6.png (619x573, 394K)

Any advice for reusing the case of a 2008 mac pro? I found one left for the trash. It's a classy lookin case and I wouldn't mind reusing it with some modern hardware

I'm sure I'll have do some solderwork to use the ports on the back.

everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-eight-core-2.8-2008-specs.html

Already proven fake.
Steve doesn't know how to overclock.

His 1070Ti OC gains are 9%, in line with the usual 8-10% that other reviewers get. But his Vega 56 OC results are less than half what others have gotten.
See
>computerbase.de/2018-04/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-red-dragon-test/3/#abschnitt_uebertaktbarkeit
Which gains 16% over reference despite a very poor OC result.

Keep posting fake shit tho. Try gpubenchmark next.

Vega56+Freesync is much cheaper than 1070Ti+GSync for the same performance. It's 1070Ti that should be removed from recommendations unless someone already has a Gsync monitor.

Looking for recommendations for a vr setup.

Attached: 6h3B.gif (500x300, 983K)

I'm doing a budget build with a discrete GPU, what's the most cost effective ryzen right now? Looking at the R3 2200G and R5 1400

So is his OC power consumption delta also only half of what it should be? Also, this is forgetting how much more expensive a Vega 56 (reference) is than a 1070Ti (nice AIB) in most of the world.

2600X + Vega56 or 8700k/2700X+1080ti depending on your budget.

2200G sometimes performs better than the 1400 due to the lower memory latency, 1400 sometimes better due to more cache.
But you might want to wait a few more days/weeks for the 2500X. Should be 4c/8t for like $140ish.

But frankly I'd say the 2600X is the most "cost effective" Ryzen. Even though it costs more, it's ridiculously good for the price.
2200G is really good for the price too, but sometimes 4c/4t just sucks.

I've seen some people say that his power consumption seems to indicate that it's not undervolted, but I'm not certain. As in, it was too high. It's hard to tell because that's total system consumption and not just the card.
Usually you get more (gaming) performance out of Vega by undervolting because it runs cooler and thus doesn't throttle.

>this is forgetting how much more expensive a Vega 56 (reference) is than a 1070Ti (nice AIB) in most of the world.
Vega is comparable cost in US, UK, NZ, Aus. The other day it seemed compareable in EU as well?
Comparable being a less increase in cost than Freesync is cheaper.

Freesync can be cheaper, but a monitor with a cheap implementation of it is shit, also Vega56 is about 150€ more expensive than a 1070ti where I live and that without taking into account its highest power draw.

Can someone please explain to me who this frog girl is? I'm not on the up and up with memes but I'm happy Pepe found someone.

Undervolting is good for 24/7 use, but I doubt it'll ever net you more performance than an overvolted card with the fan set to 100%. Unless you think the card's clocks will drop below the undervolted clocks because of throttling (My 1080Ti does that, but that's all I know of).

Speaking of freesync, you say it's comparable but it really isn't either. Buy a cheap bottom of the barrel crap freesync monitor and it won't come with LFC, and it definitely won't have variable overdrive (Literally ONE freesync monitor has that). To actually get a GOOD freesync monitor that compares to gsync will cost more money than you make it seem.
>Vega is comparable cost in US, UK, NZ, Aus
No it's not, I just made this chart to show how wrong you are. This also doesn't account for the quite frequent sales you can get on 1070Tis well below 450 usd now.

Attached: 1070ti vs vega 56 price.png (4918x1292, 1017K)

The other day, they were just like 65 euro higher.
But even at 150 euro difference
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/sqp323/acer-monitor-xf270hu is 451 euro and
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/scM323/aoc-ag271qg-270-165hz-monitor-ag271qg appears to be the exact same panel, just clocked a little higher, yet 240 euro more expensive.
So Vega56+Freesync is still cheaper, boyo.

And are you sure you aren't lying about those price differences?
458 euro for the cheapest 1070Ti.
518 euro for Vega 56
1147 euro for 1070Ti
969 euro for Vega56.
That's 178 euro cheaper.

Dunno seems like you guys just straight up lie to shill 1070Ti hard for whatever reason.
First 150 euro is a huge deal breaker. But now I'm guessing you'll say 178 euro doesn't matter cuz team green. I've almost never seen someone just admit they're wrong in these "discussions" even when objectively shown to be wrong.

>cheap implementation of it is shit
this is rare now days.
NX-EDG27S is just the same panel as the XB271HU.

I already answered but I guess I'll post it again

Attached: pipi-origin.png (5000x1712, 1.23M)

>Undervolting is good for 24/7 use, but I doubt it'll ever net you more performance than an overvolted card with the fan set to 100%.
There's like a 2% performance difference between 1610MHz @ 1050-1100mv and 1670MHz @ 1200mv.
But there's a massive power consumption difference.

This 1% does NOT REMOTELY EXPLAIN why Steve's overclock performance gains are HALF what everyone else gets.

A 16% average FPS gain is the least you should expect to get in overclocking the reference Vega56. He only gets 8% average performance increase in his video.
On the higher and lucky end, you can get 20%+.

>I just made this chart to show how wrong you are.
Your chart shows they're compareable.
>US
Pay $40 more for card. Save $130-$180 on monitor
>DE
Just went over it
>AU
$106 more for card, $300 cheaper for monitor. Already priced this out for someone like 3 threads ago and it was clear that Vega56 was the better buy for someone needing a new monitor.
>Canada
Haven't checked but I'm sure it's the same. I bet Gsync 1440p is like 300 canuckbucks more than Freesync.

Are you really this delusional? Come on dude. This has been gone over so many threads. I hope you're not the same Nvidia shill as before who keeps being proven wrong but won't admit it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTW1eV8lj5E Here's what you can expect with Vega unvolting and OC.

Vega56 gains more than Vega64, especially if it has Samsung HBM, since it starts at lower clocks.

that is hilarious. Thanks user

What's up with certain people acting like AMD and Nvidia should be compared as if they were equals? AMD and Intel comparisons work the same way.

You've got one company that focuses on GPUs, Nvidia, or one company that focuses on CPUs, Intel, competing with one company that is smaller than either of them, as in lower revenue YoY, employees, or assets. When you buy AMD you should be making the conscious decision to support a smaller business and help it thrive and compete with the big dogs, Intel and AMD. Or you just can't afford either of the pricier companies...

There's no shame in either reason, but the comparisons are dumb. AMD is going to be worse than the other 99% of the time, but what's impressive is how close they get on a relatively shoestring budget.

For motherboards, do you need to buy a motherboard with specific crossfire support if you want to eventually throw in 2 GPUs? Need a Micro ATX sized motherboard for my case, would like to not exclude that possibility.

>This 1% does NOT REMOTELY EXPLAIN why Steve's overclock performance gains are HALF what everyone else gets.
Maybe driver revisions have made the stock config a lot more competitive? Are the drivers used in the test you're looking at 6 months older than what Steve used?

>Haven't checked but I'm sure it's the same. I bet Gsync 1440p is like 300 canuckbucks more than Freesync.
This is a fucking farce and you know it. I bought my S2716DG in Canada for about as much as a comparable freesync monitor at ~$500 (Not including the fact that the freesync implementation is literally inferior). In the US they go under 400 practically monthly to about the same cost as the cheapest comparable display, the acer XG270HU. Not even bothering to check the rest after that, you haven't given me any reason to believe you.

mATX boards also offer support for SLI/Xfire usually but you have to keep in mind that the PCIe slots will be a lot closer together meaning the cards will cook each other when under load. I only really know about AMD currently, I don't know how intel has been treating their boards with multi-GPU support.
>AMD A320 chipset
No xfire or SLI
>AMD B350 chipset
Xfire support only, not SLI
>AMD X370/X470
Both Xfire and SLI support

>2700x only 3.7% behind than the budget option from intel
Man, I can feel Ryzens top processor nipping at the heals of intels garbage.

Nice try goldstein but we both know if threadripper gets involved intel's entire HEDT is invalidated.

>And are you sure you aren't lying about those price differences?

This is one (if not the most) popular store of my country, not some shitty website.

Attached: prices.jpg (1012x1440, 294K)

Better question is why you'd want to throw in a second GPU at all. It's 2018, not 2011. Most games being released in the last while have already dropped support for multi-GPU scaling. Hell, in 2013 I had an SLI setup and by then it was already very clear that support was dwindling. Unless you're doing something non-gaming with 2 cards (at which point it's not crossfire anymore), please don't bother with 2 cards.

>This is a fucking farce and you know it.
How would I know it? We don't get a ton of Canadians here. It's actually seemed to be more Aus and NZ lately, that's how few canucks there are.
Anyway on pcpp it says $749 for the cheapest 27" 144hz Freesync IPS and $840 for Gsync.
So that's the ONE EXAMPLE OUT OF THE FOUR YOUR LISTED where 1070ti+gsync is roughly equal cost to Vega56+Freesync.
But you know what? You live in fucking Canada. You can go across the border and get the $420 monitor.
>S2716DG
That's not an IPS. I see $530 for that and $450 for Freesync, and they again appear to be the same panel.

So US, UK, Aus, NZ, EU, it's all confirmed that it's best to go Vega56+Freesync and it's only in Canada, if you for some reason can't cross the border and buy your monitor in the US, as the single primary English speaking country where it's equal or better to go 1070Ti+Gsync.
Fucking WOW. This is what you had your panties in a twist over?

>ONLY PRICES FROM ONE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE SITE COUNTS
State of Nvidia shills

Even the 2600 gets close with low latency DDR4

Attached: 1527788106644.png (1824x1026, 1.07M)

Alright /pcbg/, what's your favorite case?

No argument there, Ryzen is better for workloads, but we were discussing gaming.

Attached: cerberus.png (811x900, 1.13M)

The Define series are the only Jow Forums approved cases for a reason.

Enthoo Pro M or Meshify C

Because buying products isn't a charity.

I prefer AMD, but I'll only buy them when they're offering better value/product for my money.
Which they have lately. I wasn't going to pay $350 for a 4 core in 2017 and I got a 1600X for $200 instead. And arguably Zen is an objectively better design in general, with its amazing perf/watt among other things.
I'm not getting cucked by Gsync and spyware drivers, so now that AMD graphic cards are coming down in price I'm getting one of those. But if AMD cards cost so much that I could just get Gsync monitor and an Nvidia GPU for the same cost, I wouldn't be getting one.

It's okay for someone to make a decision not to support anti-consumer and anti-competitive companies, but I don't feel it's right to recommend to people based off that.

Only reason to dual GPU is if you're a developer to have both an Nvidia and AMD GPU for testing and profiling.

Jonsbo in general. More modern designs. Airflow is sometimes not great, but at least they put PSU and other components in the right spot for the given configuration.

I love the Cerberus as well. They also have proper PSU mounting location options.

Define are shit. Any case with a bottom mount PSU when it's over 9" long is automatically shit.

>That's not an IPS
When did I say IPS? Never, now you're trying to shift goalposts.
I didn't comapre it to an IPS and I don't want/own a 144Hz IPS primary. I want low ghosting on my primary for gaymen, and nice colours on my IPS secondary for everything else.

>>ONLY PRICES FROM ONE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE SITE COUNTS

Here you have 4 more sites

Attached: prices 2.jpg (1326x1356, 317K)

>Only reason to dual GPU is if you're a developer to have both an Nvidia and AMD GPU for testing and profiling.
That's not crossfire either though

I'm glad we share the same PSU location autism.

Are there any X399 motherboards that will actually allow me to have 3 GPUs with 16 PCIe lanes each? I know the threadripper CPUs themselves have 64 PCIe lanes (with 4 reserved for the motherboard's chipset), so it should be possible to use 48 lanes for GPUs, but the motherboards I'm seeing make it look like one card will go down to 8x if I have 3 of them.

Examples:
x16/x8/x16 - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ7955919
x16/x8/x16 - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157785
x16/x16/x8 - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119006

There are some boards whose specs just say they have 4 x16 slots (example newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144079). However, since 4 lanes are reserved for the chipset, it isn't possible for them to allocate 16 lanes of bandwidth to all 4 slots at once. The fact that their specs don't explicitly say how many lanes each slot will get in a multi-GPU setup makes me doubt that they would be able to give 16 lanes of bandwidth to all 3 GPUs.

inb4 "don't use 3 GPUs and a 12 core CPU for gaming" - This is for a machine learning rig, not a gaming rig.
inb4 "this is a repost from the stupid questions thread" - I'm reposting because nobody has answered my question.

Thanks user. probably going to go full AMD so I'll check out B350. work uses CUDA but I don't wanna use CUDA at home so whatever.

Out of the box opengl abstracts away that and dispatches to multiple GPUs. Perhaps DirectX does not but I don't use directx.

>have both an Nvidia and AMD GPU
interesting idea, may be worth it more in the future than crossfire.

>That's not crossfire either though
No shit.
Crossfire and SLI aren't worth it and are no longer being supported.
Vulkan recently added support for it but like... you'll never get value for your money.

Lmao? IPS is the default recommendation. You're the one moving goalposts.
>ONLY CANADA PRICES COUNT!!!! DONT BUY AMD EVEN IF ITS CHEAPER IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU CAN ONLY GO BY CANADIAN PRICES!!!
Fucking dumb shill.

I checked EU prices and it's 197 euro for cheapest Freesync 1440p, 397 for cheapest gsync, so still almost 150 euro cheaper to go Vega56+Freesync. Lmao.
It's the same shit for US. I'm still right, as I've been from the start. Fuck you. How much of a dumb shill do you have to be to say only Canadian prices count for everyone? We're not recommending based on Canadian prices for people in the US, EU, Aus, etc. How fucking retarded are you? Holy shit.

>Only the prices I cherry pick matter!
Fuck you too. Mindfactory.de is one of the most popular online retailers for EU. Don't bullshit me.

If only everyone did. I'm tired of these shit cases. Took me so long to decide on my FT-03 but i'm still not 100% happy with it. It's a good design for when it was made, but lacking some modern design features.

X399m Taichi is triple x16.

There are already a few games that have explicit multi-gpu support in DX12, afaik that just means they coded multi-gpu entirely on their own because the lower level API gives them that option if they want to add it. Too bad the only two programs (one's not a game) I know of that support it are DX:MD and AOTS.

>IPS is the default recommendation
Wow, you really showed me. Thanks for definitely not changing topics to deflect the fact that you're blatantly wrong about pricing.
>I checked EU prices and it's 197 euro for cheapest Freesync 1440p
Cheapest freesync 1440p with LFC and which doesn't flicker to death with freesync enabled?

Some games have multi-gpu support in that it uses another gpu for async compute but does NOT render from it.
AOTS is an example of this, yes.

This is actually, theoretically, a create benefit of APUs like the 2400G.
As a developer, I wish good iGPUs were standard. But it's very difficult to support all the various iGPUs, especially for Intel, in this manner. And you also have CPUs with no iGPU at all, like Ryzen.

>Any case with a bottom mount PSU when it's over 9" long is automatically shit.
?

Can someone explain me what a chipset is and what how I should take it into account when choosing a Motherboard?

Recently Adobe started making use of the iGPU on Intels (not quicksync) to speed up already gpu-accelerated renders, presumably just because communication with it is right on the ringbus.

It seems like the only X399 motherboard I can find that has triple x16 speeds is the Asrock Taichi mATX version. The bottom 2 PCIe slots seem too close together to run 3 dual slot cards though unless you have single slot versions.

For machine learning, do you NEED x16 speed? I.e. are you losing a lot of performance vs say running 4 GPUs at 16x16x8x8 and still have 12 PCIe 3.0 lanes for stuff like M.2 SSDs?

The chipset is what offers certain features on one motherboard vs not on another. When choosing a chipset, you have to ask yourself what you're looking for in your PC. Multiple GPUs? RAID capabilities? PCIe lanes?

>?
Any case with a bottom mount PSU when it's over 9" long is automatically shit.

Chipset provides i/o and a few PCIe lanes.
Few people will use over 20-24 PCIe lanes.

>presumably just because communication with it is right on the ringbus.
Mm it varies. I've done some testing with this. You have varying support with atomics, and trying to get something back from L4 within, say, a frame.
I haven't gone super deep into it yet, though.

>The bottom 2 PCIe slots seem too close together to run 3 dual slot cards
Risers obv.
Would be perfect, actually, for a mATX case that has a vertical PCI slot.

If you need a 1500w psu you should be building a server and not hotboxing your shit in a midi tower.

>do you NEED x16 speed?
I'd probably see about a 10-15% performance hit on the x8 card. This isn't the end of the world, but I'd strongly prefer x16 speeds.

> Asrock Taichi mATX
I've only been looking at atx and e-atx boards. I probably should have specified that in my original post. The Asrock Taichi won't work because it only has 4 RAM slots and the bottom two PCIe slots are too close together.

The hell are you talking about?
"over 9 inches" is the case length there, not PSU length. The other user understood fine.

why

Hi, I'm just looking for an upgrade to make my computer VR capable.

Current build:
R9 380X card
MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Mobo
Intel Core i5-4690K processor
500 Watt power supply
16 GB RAM

Moderate to high budget. USD
What would I need?

I'm trying to keep this build for a friend around $800CAD. He's using it to play older games and do basic stuff like microsoft word, browsing etc.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kbwMV6

Any suggestions?

Because it just creates extra unused space in front of the PSU and below the board.
Should put the PSU where optical drives used to be so the case can be shorter.

Whatever the case layout and purpose, I like space efficiency. I like it to be reasonably filled. I hate when I see a guts thread and the case is just 70% empty space and only one PCI slot used on an ATX board so fucking much. It's just so wrong.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kbwMV6
Solid, but why not go for mATX?
And PSU is too large. 550W would still give you plenty of room for upgrade, and you should still consider 450w.
That build as it is is only going to use like 90-125w depending on overclock.

The 2400g might be overkill, as a lot of games perform almost the same on the 2200g.
Also, the PSU is more than overkill, especially for an APU rig. That thing will sip power.

> I hate when I see a guts thread and the case is just 70% empty space and only one PCI slot used on an ATX board so fucking much.
so purely autism, mkay.

With the exception of your GPU, everything else should be perfectly fine for VR. The cheapest way to upgrade would be to pick up a used GTX 970 for around ~$150.

Thanks, I'll go look for one.

It's not purely autism.

It's efficiency.
Like it's common to hate soccer moms with a single child driving a 9 seat SUV that's 90% empty 100% of the time, right?
It's the same thing. You don't need that big ass fucking SUV to haul your single kid and gym bag around.
It's annoyance based on a logical point.

Upgrade to 4970k and get an RX570, 1060 6GB, or RX580 8GB.

>And PSU is too large.
Yeah the PSU is overkill but the 650 is on sale for $10 more than the 550. Figured if he wants to upgrade it's worth it. Am I wrong for only considering gold certified? I don't want the psu to crap out on him like mine did when I cheaped out 5 years ago.

4790k* I mean lmao

Okay, I'll add that to the list of things I'm considering.
Would I need to upgrade my PSU?

>It's efficiency.
It's not though, it's autism.
Efficiency The extra space gives people more options and room for error.
People can get ATX motherboards because of better OC features, so why do they HAVE to fill out the PCI slots?
Your desire to keep things neat and "just enough as needed' is an aesthetical autism that gets fucked over in real life to do leaving no room for error.
I wonder if redundancy in engineering also triggers you.

Na. Save the $10 and get the 550. You're going to get worse power efficiency with the 650 since that PC is usually going to be using 30-100watt, below the efficiency curve of a 650w psu.

550w is still enough even for a 1080Ti.
7nm GPUs coming next year using even more power.
It's unlikely we'll ever see 400w GPUs ever again.
Even Vega 64 overclocked is under 400w.

Navi coming next year is likely going to be GTX 1080 performance for the same or less power consumption which is around 190 watts.

Again, you could frankly go 450w. 550w is excessive.

No. Your current GPU already uses more power than any current gen GPU uses. An RX580 and 1060 6GB both use far less. About half for the former and a third for the later.

I'll settle for a 450 it'll be fine

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/p6pdHh

>Would I need to upgrade my PSU?
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
Figure it out for yourself.

>Upgrade to 4970k and get an RX570, 1060 6GB, or RX580 8GB
Don't go for a 570! They are slightly slower than GTX 970s but cost more. As a side note, I'm not convinced the CPU upgrade is necessary unless he goes for something like the GTX 1060 or better.

t. shill

Noob here

How do you guys feel about the build guides on pcpartpicker? I'm thinking of using one of those and just swapping the CPU for a slightly better version.

Attached: 1459978117398.jpg (500x546, 50K)

Attached: DELID.png (1064x594, 256K)

vega is cheaper than a 1070 stop crying

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/p6pdHh
Yeah, that's a lot of savings on PSU.
I still say you should go mATX. mATX cases are usually cheaper. But
Also wouldn't an MX500 SSD be cheaper? Yes... it's $40 CA cheaper.

You can save $33 on motherboard with mATX getting the b350m Pro4, and another $30-$40 getting a decent mATX case instead of the big ATX one.
So that's over $100 more to save with those 3 things.

They are near identical. But you're right that he could get a used 970 for cheaper if he's fine with used.
RX570 prices are stupid now, but like 2 weeks ago they were $200 new, which even if that costs more it's nice to have warranty. At current prices, I agree it's not worth it.

>I'm not convinced the CPU upgrade is necessary
Average FPS wouldn't change much, but 0.1% minimums would likely greatly improve in real world usage as well as some games that don't run well on only 4 cores.
Well 4 core i5-4560 is technically the minimum requirement, most people don't have nothing running in the background so the extra threads helps a lot there to keep things smooth. And smoothness is very important with VR.

>How do you guys feel about the build guides on pcpartpicker
Garbage.
They recommend shit like Patriot SSDs and DDR4 3000 CL17 RAM. Yet somehow manage to often be stupid expensive for waht you get.

delid dis

Attached: 1494886290711.png (633x900, 162K)

*more expensive across the globe than a 1070Ti

>one is with stock cooler, dirt cheap ram, at stock
>the other uses expensive B-die ram, water cooler and an overclock on a more expensive motherboard
wow paying twice as much so your CPU can surpas the budget CPU offer from intel.
Impressive

Very good points. I don't need VR right now at this moment, so would I be best waiting for 570 prices to come down or go hunting for a 970?

I'm wary about buying used cards in the post-bitcoin era.

No one cares about your third world country, go to Jow Forums if you want to bitch about american prices o an american site.

Yeah, fuck earth and everyone on it, I want to know what prices are on Neptune.

You don't NEED the water cooler. And the B-die is only about $60 more for 2x8GB than 2666 RAM.

I mean if you're not in a hurry, you might want to save up to upgrade to 7nm Ryzen early next year. That should be a massive upgrade.
Even though you don't need it, used 4790k cost so much that you could get a better system for not much more than replacing your CPU on the same board.
At least, assuming DDR4 is cheaper by then.

You'll also have more GPU options then, too, most likely.

Those benchmarks were proven fake, so I'm not sure why you're still shilling based off them. Steve just doesn't know how to overclock or benchmark games. He's been called out on it many times in the past with objective evidence and it's happened once again.

>stock cooler
accorind to intel shills its good enough

>dirt cheap ram
diffrence on intel between 2133 and 3600 is only 6 frames at most

>at stock
because it doesnt overclock

now
>the other uses expensive B-die ram
16gb 3600 at 16cl is $220

>water cooler
Doable on stock and also doable on a $20 212 evo

>more expensive motherboard
b450 is being shown at computex in a few days

How many times do you have to be told this shit? You literally never listen.

Then go back to your own countries chan

The prices on pcpartpicker were proven fake? What the fuck are you even saying?

The stock cooler is enough for 4GHz and the kit used was CL16 and costs $240 , the 2933 kit used was CL14
pcpartpicker.com/product/wNvbt6/gskill-sniper-x-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3400-memory-f4-3400c16d-16gsxw

buyan 2700X and I'm just going to use the stock cooler, recommend me a motherboard and appropriately fast RAM
got some old GPUs I can use too until new stuff comes out/old stuff gets cheaper

buy the highend stuff for it. dont waste your cpu for a shitty mobo.
asus ch7, gigabyte gaming 5/7, asrock taichi/ultra.

Just about any X470 mobo, I use the Asus Prime X470 Pro.
Check the list for supported ram go for 3200mhz or whatever your budget allows you, don't forget to set the appropriate speed in the bios after building that shit or it will run slower. I use: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, but it depends on budget really.

pcpartpicker.com/list/mBc8MZ

Forgot to add, don't fall for the wifi mobo meme if you aren't planning on using it. Saves you some cash.

you can also buy cheap ram and just oc it. you gonna need a good mobo tho. i managed to oc my sticks from 2400 to 3200, tho i had to loosen timings, like 17-19-19-19-44

>I'm just going to use the stock cooler
why? its $35 to get decent one that will give you low temps, quietness and OC room

as for mobo, pay bit extra to have no issue reaching 3200 mhz on ram
ASUS ROG Strix X470-F is reported as good

ram GSkill 4-3200C16D-16GVKB should be good

this is all quite expensive though, so still strange that heatsink gets a pass

Attached: Cryorig-H7-installed-heatsink-fan.jpg (1728x1296, 415K)

>so still strange that heatsink gets a pass
If you mean the Prism it performs like the H7 Quad Lumi
hardocp.com/article/2018/05/15/amd_wraith_prism_cpu_air_cooler_review/3

Few things I'd mention:
1. 3600C15 is the best not-ridiculous costing b-die bin, afaik 3200C14 should hit similar clocks/timings as 3600C16 for less money
2. ASRock has some serious BIOS issues, definitely something to consider switching out if OP wants to do OCing/tweaking. Memory OCing can be especially board sensitive on midrange boards which can have crap memory tracing, but as far as I know they could've improved that on the cheap boards for X470. I personally think the C6H is the best price/perf high end board you can get right now, tons of features and USB ports, and you can update the bios without a CPU in if it ships with one that can't boot Ryzen+ yet. The only difference between it and the C7H is an overpowered VRM instead of an extremely overpowered VRM. With my 2700X OC'd doing stability stress tests, my VRMs never went over 62c.

Not b-die, don't buy

>Not b-die, don't buy
ok then F4-3200C14-16GVK