Is 2.9 an acceptable GPA to get a tech job? I'm trying to get an internship at least...

Is 2.9 an acceptable GPA to get a tech job? I'm trying to get an internship at least, I graduated uni without any work experience (apart from unskilled jobs)

how fucked am I

Attached: 1521366395658.png (650x773, 47K)

and what can I do to become marketable?

>college cucks

Pay debts.

Attached: 0000.png (420x420, 7K)

Certifications.

Anything under 3.0 is pretty terrible so it could be difficult for you. If you majored in engineering, computer science, or mathematics, did you perhaps do better in the classes specific to you major? If so, put down the GPA for your major.

Many years ago, I graduated with an unbelievably low GPA in engineering. I knew my stuff, though, and eventually did find work developing software where I was consistently among the top people. However, I started off at a much lower salary than people who did better academically and I probably never recovered compensation-wise. However, I did develop other skills (asset management) and amassed essentially "fuck you" money to retire after working less than 20 years.

Yeah CS major, my 'core curriculum' GPA is like 3.6 or something fairly high, my cumulative is only 2.9 because I fell for the depression meme one term and failed a bunch of classes.

In a sea of shitty programmers who can't even fizzbuzz, being even a bit decent would go a long way. Or you can always chop of your balls,take hrt and die your hair pink.

>mfw I got a free ride plus extra to go to college on pure government subsidies

Attached: 7894517337974B31A2BFEEC2CAB93DBC.jpg (750x850, 586K)

why did you go to college if you weren't going to work hard?

I doubt they care about gpa. The only people with good GPAs are those who don't work and live with parents

I got one with a 2.71 since I spent a ton of free time working on stuff I found interesting and developed skills that made me valuable. Got an internship and went from there.

>I graduated uni without any work experience
You're totally fucked. I finished with a 2.8 and the only reason I got a good job after was because I already had 3 years of experience by the time I graduated. I can assure you the only places wanting to hire you are places you should not want to work.

I don't think they even ask for that.

Just don't put your GPA on your resume

Spbp

Nobody puts GPA on resume unless they're compensating

Im a junior rn with a 2.9 gpa taking MIS as a major and have no internships

am i fucked?

What are your thoughts on

go back to india

work at a garage sales for money fool around on computers

My GPA is 2.5 and I managed to secure a job making a new website frontend/backend for a small business. I haven't finished my degree yet but I'm already getting paid well and I will never put my GPA on my resumes, experience is way more important desu senpai. Just make something by yourself to show potential employers.

how do you gain experience tho? Every linkedin internship I see requires years of experience

I live in Australia so it might be different. I just applied to like 4 jobs and two of them replied to me, got to the final stage of both of them but they chose someone else over me for the first job, then I got chosen for the second job.

I didn't mention my GPA once and no one asked for it either. Internships and graduate programs will use GPA's to filter out people so they're not the ideal place to apply to.

>Internships and graduate programs will use GPA's to filter out people so they're not the ideal place to apply to.

but a lot of tech programs require people with multiple years of experience (especially in the States) so its a necessity.

I guess I'll look for some with easier barriers of entry and try and work during school.

No one in the real world actually gives a fuck. I got a Dev job with an English degree.