pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: Tipro.jpg (741x233, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400b
amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-FKBN87M-EB2/dp/B004WOF7QM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528090746&sr=8-1&keywords=filco brown switches
pccasegear.com/products/39556/ducky-one-white-green-pbt-dye-sub-mech-keyboard-cherry-blue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

woah that keyboard

It's actually surprising in the case of his stabilisers. With the switches, you can at least say they're functional. With the stabilisers, he loosened the tolerances so much the stabiliser housing's clips cannot hold the wire in place, causing it to pop out and fail. He's selling components with a flaw that makes them non-functional for a price over three times the competition, and they still sell for some nonsensical reason.

I am looking to switch my mechanical keyboard, coming from an brown switches corsair gaming keyboard. Main uses are just for typing, coding. Should I get this keyboard "Happy Hacking Professional 2 (Dark Gray)" coming from brown switches, will topre switches satisfy my desires?
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400b

If you own one, I'd love to hear you opinion.

elitekeyboards marks up their topre keyboards by 40-60 bucks. It's much cheaper to just get it from japan

It's called maintaining a business user.

then how come microcenter sells topre keyboards at the same price as the japanese stores?

Reposting in case any of the niggas that wanted a dactyl manuform in a more ergodox-like layout didn't already see.

Attached: dactyl manuform.png (731x719, 59K)

Attached: bla.jpg (2000x1333, 964K)

Should I build a dactyl or just buy a kinesis advantage? Does the dactyl still tip over if you hit the thumb cluster too hard?

Well a dactyl-manuform is going to be cheaper than a kinesis for one thing. Of course you'd have to deal with hand wiring it yourself though. As for the thumb cluster, I don't see why it'd want to tip over, since it's almost perpendicular to the main key cluster. If you just mean the standard dactyl with the ergodox style thumb cluster, then that depends on the bottom case you get.

>cheap ass range ammo

Jokes aside, good on ya.

Topre is fine and all, but the HHKB is vastly overpriced for what you're getting in my opinion. Get a Leopold.

>Budget
$80-$120

>Location (continent at least)
Asia/Middle East (fuck out of options)

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Brown

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
Full.

>Backlight
White maybe. Controllable for day or night use.

>Previous/current keyboards
All low-profile scissor switch keyboards that come with laptops. I've had an old Toshiba, HP Pavilion, and a MacBook Pro. I admit I have come to love low-profile keyboards.

I'm mostly shit out of luck. Locally there are CoolerMasters, Logitech, Razers, and Corsairs ONLY. Eventually I will pay a price for importing.
I was looking at the Logitech 710+ as the cheapest solution, but people shit on it so idk.
I didn't get the MasterKeys because I don't like keyboards without an edge. I need a border of empty space around the keyboard case for OCD reasons. See pic for reference.

Attached: 1526865686505.png (505x379, 93K)

amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-FKBN87M-EB2/dp/B004WOF7QM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528090746&sr=8-1&keywords=filco brown switches

If your country's custom isn't strict, consider taobao.

>ah, I see your a man of taste as well

Attached: 1492044630718.png (359x291, 8K)

out of all those options you listed cooler master is the best. If you can somehow get your hands on a Leopold FC900r PD go for that

My tada68 spacebar had a chatter problem that I fixed through through easyAVR, changed to classic bounce algorithm and set it to 22ms, fixed everything.

It feels pretty damn good, glad I got the 67g zealios. Has this... smooth chalky feeling that I'm enjoying, although I'm thinking of making the mods/space a linear switch like a gat black.

Attached: okok.jpg (3678x1613, 861K)

>240% Edition
i need only left part of it 10x5=50 buttons is enought

Can't sleep, here's some keymap autism. Anyone got some tricks?

Attached: tadakeymap.png (786x1351, 365K)

Lately I’ve been having to double press my enter key on my tada68, although physically it feels fine, have i been chinked?

caps lock to control and left control to fn feels a lot more natural to me
I have pageup/down on l and . so I have easy access to ctrl/shift and pageup/down on one hand, it's not super useful or common but it's nice to have
also what's up with your lack of ; key?

This happened with my filco,

Pretty easy to take apart and check the solder at the bottom, 6 screws behind the caps.

If it looks good maybe get some compressed air and blow some under and inside the switch. If it's unplugged for a few hours get some 91% Isopropyl and drip a few drops into the depressed switch. Mash that key, maybe get some more air to dry it. Leave over night and test it. If it's still fucked you need to desolder and put in a new switch. Sending back is an option too if you got nice chinks (unlikely)

It's a 'tap key' I hit once and I get ';' I hold it 200ms it and it's a function 1 at a new location. Handy!

Should I get Gateron Clears or put 35g springs in my Cherry MX Red/Black switches ?

I broke half of my stabilizers trying to pull keycaps out of my Drevo. What's a good chink seller for stabilizers?

Are ergo clears actually any good, or are they really overhyped?

Just bought everything to do my first build, I'm afraid that in four weeks when everything arrives from ching chong china that I'm not going to be as excited as I am right now.

They're alright. Overhyped? Yes, but they're popular for a reason. That being that no company really make a sharp tactile switch in that weight range. There's better mods out there imo.

Put it in the back of your mind and hype yourself back up for it in a couple weeks. I waited on my first diy kit to come in stock for a month before I could even order it, you'll be fine.

Anyone has an idea where to get cheap relegendable keycaps?
I got small 4x8 tipro but without half of its keycaps. I'll probably use it as a macro pad.

Attached: Zsndx4g.jpg (4032x3024, 1021K)

Attached: photo_2018-05-30_15-46-53.jpg (960x1280, 161K)

being this much of a faggot

Attached: Capture.png (902x903, 1.03M)

Can someone recommend a quiet keyboard? I'm talking typing next to someone sleeping 3 feet away.

tell that person to fuck off and sleep somewhere else

or buy silent reds switches

So you have any Alps SKCP boards? I'd buy one

Matias QC
Silenced Topre if you're into Topre
Oh awesome. Where can I find your stuff?

has anyone tried the Aliaz switches? How are they?

I got a set of 10 on order, should arrive within a week or so knowing kbdfans. I'll post a review itt when they do.

sweet

I want fags with

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-06-04 at 15.31.37.jpg (1032x581, 55K)

after a entry level mechanical keyboard
>budget
100aud or there abouts doesnt matter if its used
>uses
gaming (light) and mostly general duty browsing typing etc bit of multimedia here and there
>type
Hoping to get a REAL mechanical like a cherry i heard are good not sure as i havent bought a keyboard since i turned 15 12 years ago

What's the best keyboard for maximum productivity?

Gaterons are smoother, but if you have a PCB mount keyboard you can easily swap the springs. If you have a plate mount you need to desolder the entire keyboard and at that point it would be a lot easier to just solder in gateron clears

sad

Attached: DSC_1488.jpg (1800x1200, 566K)

>membrane keyboard
eww, come back when you get a real mechanical keyboard

Attached: IBM F122.jpg (3259x1625, 486K)

Get a Ducky One then
pccasegear.com/products/39556/ducky-one-white-green-pbt-dye-sub-mech-keyboard-cherry-blue/

OwO What's this?

Attached: IMG_20180604_122252280.jpg (900x1601, 351K)

looks like a crappy membrane keyboard

mmmmm yeah it is

Attached: IMG_20180604_122300132.jpg (1601x900, 273K)

if only you got a kishy model F

that's not aesthetic

Attached: IMG_20180604_122303002.jpg (1601x900, 325K)

TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

Attached: DSC_2745.jpg (1800x1202, 927K)

no
now excuse me while i cover this in shitty reddit keys

Attached: DSC_8969.jpg (1800x1200, 1.19M)

then enjoy your crappy membrane keyboard

Attached: iag.png (950x1050, 905K)

restoring that 107?

>implying it's not going in the display case with the rest of the meme boards

Attached: 646058_6542332.jpg (1200x1203, 108K)

You are all wrong this is one and true mechanical keyboard....

Attached: Bastron-Smart-Glass-Keyboard.jpg (630x473, 148K)

>buying keyboards and not get them filled up with dirt and cum after months of use
it's like you don't even enjoy them

Attached: agwim.png (700x700, 362K)

that's what the hhkb is for
i've spilled beer all over it twice with no ill effects, it's quite resistant

Attached: 1518125210792.jpg (437x431, 28K)

god you fucking goofy faggots
fuck off with your corny ass shit and all yall 2
membrane/rubber dome master race (for typing not gay shit)

Attached: 81BtauNkTjL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x476, 145K)

how absolutely unaesthetic

Attached: 1440696755910.jpg (500x375, 45K)

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Nice to see that you do actually have good keyboards. The only real benefit of a model M is that you can sell it to morons for inflated prices

Attached: illguthp.gif (221x198, 26K)

>HHKB
>good
lmao

Attached: 1526056166965.png (1190x968, 807K)

idk its a pretty decent keyboard

It's not as great as a model F, but currently it's the third best keyboard made today.

WHAT IS THE KEYBOARD AT THE TOP

IBM F107

The best buckling spring keyboard IBM ever made

Attached: 20180426_111541.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

any user got experience using another for unorthodox purposes?

making new flight simulator joystick and am too lazy to write my own firmware from scratch

>Unironically thinking this

Attached: le_dog.jpg (540x960, 44K)

All leaf based switches are trash and unfortunately that is what most of the mechanical keyboard market is. Maybe once those model F repros come out we'll finally have more then two decent switches

>there are people on this board RIGHT now who think membrane keyboards are bad

lmaoing at your higher mechanical deterioration

The .stl file for it is posted at the bottom of the gh thread m8.

what are the decent switches atm?

inb4 he responds by saying only buckling spring and topre

The chunk Hall Effect clones are descent and so are topres smd their clones. While box switches also use a leaf they're the best implementation of it so I'll give them an honorable mention, but you can't reliably get them in premade keyboards, hopefully that changes. And of course the capacitive buckling springs of they ever come out. The membrane ones are just junk

I wish hall effect boards were more easy to get a hold of.

Is Leopold FC660M good for a first mechanical gayman/typing? Want to bite the bullet, need the last encouragement.

Agree that cap BS is better than membrane, but membrane is no where near bad

Making some tweaks to my board and I managed to pull out a pad and a trace. Fuck.

go for it man, good brand

>brown switches
At least now you'll know what a tactile switch feels like. Should probably go for an Alps board if you want tactility though.

the clear caps and QWERTZ make me moist

Acepad has a website with the latest keyboards in stock, however its cheaper to get them on aliexpress since they're always on sale

oh look everyone, someone with no taste and no pride. Keep using that shitty keyboard, you're lucky you have one of the better rubber dome boards, but it's still a rubber dome board. Get gud.

Attached: 1524733823632.jpg (750x953, 164K)

Any keyboard can be good for gaymen.
Leopold is top quality for pre-built keyboards, you can't go wrong.

Alright, ordered it. Hope for the best.

What switches did you get though. That's more important than the keyboard brand I feel.

Speaking of no taste, jesus christ that pic

I've read a lot about switches and yesterday I went to test it, thought I would like cherry reds best, but browns felt better.

I kind of wanna get an ergodox. DIY sounds fun, but the EZ's underglow and tenting kit look really nice. Which is the better option?

I'd suggest DIY. You could get a tenting kit from falbatech too.

Attached: IMG_20180322_150600.jpg (2934x1566, 846K)

Oh, another question, what the fuck is the ergodone?

As far as I know, it's just an ergodox where the controller (a pro micro instead of a teensy) is on the left half, & you can use the board with only the left half plugged in (for vidya presumably). Otherwise it's the same.

imo leopolds are best with clears or silent reds, but they're alright with browns

Didn't have an option to go with either of them, wanted to try out silent reds, but local shop doesn't have them anyway. My only options were Blue, Black, Brown and Red.

gateron yellows any decent, for someone that loves linears?