Untitled

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-03/microsoft-is-said-to-have-agreed-to-acquire-coding-site-github?

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: riphub.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dHQM8P8m3BM&has_verified=1
gogs.io/
theverge.com/2018/5/25/17393766/facebook-google-gdpr-lawsuit-max-schrems-europe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>using github
>literally ever

Back to the woods
Microshit is also getting more involved in linux

it's ogre

>Microsoft aquires Linux and all Linux distros
wat do?

You obviously don't understand how GNU works

>Microsoft aquires the rights to masturbation
what now mr. atheist?

F

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

cool they're going to get my shitty image board fork with ascii anime tiddies

>it's ogre
MShrek is Love... MSshrek is Life

youtube.com/watch?v=dHQM8P8m3BM&has_verified=1

Attached: shrek is love.jpg (480x360, 14K)

What if Microsoft acquires all the open source?

Does that mean they now get instant access to the private repositories of their competitors like IBM, Yahoo, etc.?

Attached: 1527615231242.jpg (300x299, 43K)

what if microsoft buys the entire internet?
what now?

Attached: 1528076321389.webm (720x1280, 1.94M)

of course

Attached: jew cloud computing.png (200x252, 12K)

thankfully yes
microsoft growing in power is just amazing for everyone, especially consumers

unethical as fuck

Microsoft can now steal & sabotage rivals

JUST

Attached: Screenshot_20180604-134018.png (1496x197, 72K)

>microsoft : leader in ethics

Microsoft has been the driving force behind making the world a better place. I purchased an Office 365 license yesterday and this is miles ahead of LibreOffice and other cheap clones. Office 365 has tonnes of free templates that can be used professionally.

This. Ever since I got office 365 my productivity has gone way up! Windows 10 works really well with it too!!!

this, but ironically

Everyone in Italy buys Microsoft TV's, refrigerators, monitors, smartphones and air conditioners because they know Microsoft makes the best quality products. All rich businessmen I know own the Microsoft Galaxy S5 because it's a big status symbol and is authoritative.

Microsoft GALAXY S6 is the best smartphone out right now.
It is the FASTEST SELLING smartphone in Italy.
The DESIGN is excellent and the CAMERA sports Optical Image Stabilization.
The Microsoft Galaxy S6 also sports USB2 which transfers data 3000% faster and charges the battery in 20 minutes from 0% to 100%
Everyone pre-order now before stocks run out!
Already 5 million pre-orders in the US and 1 million pre-orders in the UK.

I bought 2 licenses. Sometimes my room mate borrows my computer to use Excel. Even though it's on the same computer, Microsoft charges per user rather than per computer, so I purchased 2 Office 365 licenses.

I love doing everything legally.

This is great news. I can't wait to see what they do with the GitHub desktop application. If they can make a new version of it called VisualGit++, they can make it easier for more people to use Git rather than the industry standard Sharepoint.

I was dying of terminal brain cancer and Microsoft™ Windows™ 10™ saved my life and healed my cancer.

Are you telling these companies don't have their own private git servers?

>Huge spike
>Maybe 1000 projects. 10000 if they're lucky
>Meanwhile 80million remain on github.

GOOD
perhaps now they will offer free private repos just like their competitors.

GitHub Enterprise offers an on-premise installation on client servers, and that was considered to be "private".

Now Microsoft can push garbage updates to it like Telemetry and other spyware.

You do realize Gitlab is quite a large company, right?

No, they're not allowed to do that. GitHub has multiple lawsuits against them for hosting projects that violate GDPR. The total amount of fines can potentially bankrupt them, so they made the right decision to sell it to Microsoft who can make the necessary privacy updates and ban non-compliant projects from their platform to make it fully GDPR-compliant.

Attached: direct-x.png (504x381, 23K)

Host chink git on a VPS
It's a pretty decent alternative that doesn't require all of the fuckery of gitlab

gogs.io/

>GitHub has multiple lawsuits against them for hosting projects that violate GDPR.
Source?

Github still works on my pc. Maybe you're hardware is broken?

Gogs is terrible if you have a large number of files. Try pushing a commit to a large repository like custom Android ROM, or even just a Linux kernel. It will hang your whole VPS for hours.

GitLab works MUCH BETTER.

It was posted here yesterday but I saw the lawsuit transcripts on Hackernews few days ago. The court has yet to decide whether they've broken the law or not. I'll post here if I can find those PDFs.

>No LDAP authentication

Gay.

"On a VPS"
What sort of nerd runs LDAP on a personal server?

I hate to break it to you but there are plenty of professionals who run multiple web applications for Git, CRM, PBX, OwnCloud, ProjectManagement, etc. that uses a single-login based on LDAP.

look mum i made a shitpost

Attached: ms.jpg (1280x720, 247K)

Yes, I maintain half of those on our corporate infrastructure.
If you want a massive ecosystem, you'd need to scale appropriately. That is in no way comparable to a personal server.

Tastes like bullshit. You can't sue under GDPR, you can only refer to a regulator. And the regulator hasn't done a single thing yet.

>He thinks you can't set up a massive corporate infrastructure for personal use.

>regulator hasn't done a single thing yet

theverge.com/2018/5/25/17393766/facebook-google-gdpr-lawsuit-max-schrems-europe

Attached: IMG_5242.jpg (878x814, 92K)

I doubt that company, that paid people to police your personal projects to have "inclusive language" is going to get worse after being acquired by a for-profit company that doesn't care about this shit. If anything, it might be a good thing for users.

>ascii anime tiddies come standard in next botnet 10 update

>10KB/s text
>huge spike

>MFW we actually live in the future where corporations are bigger than many countries and they amass further power by hostile takeovers and financial assassination

Attached: netrunner.jpg (305x275, 72K)

>80M
>50M unmantained
>another 25M are mantained by either pajeets or SJWs
There are literally only a few that matter, many other large projects are just mirrored on github but hosted privately

>80million
You mean 79.99million forks created for the purpose doing pull requests for the actual amount of projects.

>7.5 billion for Github

WTF is Nutella even doing overpaying like that?

Maybe the pajeets at MS can finally put an end to the SJW onslaught crippling GitHub now

Jow Forums told you not to use jewthub ages ago but you never listen. Not when it was the SJW. Not when it was the deletion of projects. Not when Linus told you not to use it. Now MS has put their hands on it and you freak out?

Receiving one of those billions for himself maybe?

kek

Yeah, the SJWs will run away after it is smeared all over with designated coding streets.

T.gavin

I fucking love capitalism.

Attached: just fucking kill me then.jpg (500x332, 59K)

friendship ended with white man now sjw is my best friend

this guy thinks github is simply git
or that gitlab is even comparable to github

kek

let the raping begin

Almost caught me with that bait

Actually, exclude from that list, it was a funny comment

This is great news. Now people will see github for what it truly is and stay away from it.

>tfw 90% of your favorite FOSS apps are hosted on github
What now Jow Forums ?

See them move to gitlab/bitbucket/some other opportunistic place and try to keep tabs on them.

this.

Where the fuck is the meme "Friendship endend with github, now gitlab is my new friend"

Based Microsoft

Why are people ignoring the fact that Microsoft has so much stuff on GitHub?

They couldn't let another tech giant buy it. I'm convinced they did it largely to protect themselves since its so critical to their corporate infrastructure.

None of those companies have private repositories dumb ass, and no regardless. I'm pretty sure that is illegal and there is nothing worthwhile. Anything Microsoft would care about is using GitHub enterprise.

Why do people act surprised about this?