I'm thinking of getting a macbook. I've used windows and linux all my life; windows is a bit too much of a shitshow...

I'm thinking of getting a macbook. I've used windows and linux all my life; windows is a bit too much of a shitshow, and linux is too much maintenance, I don't like any of the DEs, and I always end up breaking it enough that I can't be bothered to fix it.
I haven't used a mac since high school, my audio teacher had some antiquated version on the computers, so I don't really have an idea of what it's like these days, but it seems like an impossibly good combinations of a usable terminal and NIX environment with a straightforward interface and proprietary software support. I can handle the limitations and babying, I definitely prefer them to reading fucking docs and messing with X11 confs all day.
How stupid am I being?

Attached: yum.jpg (539x960, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fag

As long you keep the OS X version updated, you are good to go.

>How stupid am I being?
8.3/9.2 retardedness now fuck off please

A MacBook is the sensible choice for all smart, successful and beautiful people.

that's what i really wanted to hear

Attached: _20180529_072058.jpg (1080x1697, 248K)

>t. mactoddler

well we all knew that
macfetus

>I've used windows and linux all my life; windows is a bit too much of a shitshow, and linux is too much maintenance
You aren't fooling anyone mactoddler.

alrighty I'm gonna order one of the 13" pros without the touch bar thing when my next paycheck comes, thanks for nothing faggots

>smart
sounds legit

>successful
probably

>beautiful
>look at myself
>attached pic happens

Attached: 1445916071601.jpg (524x1009, 109K)

I assume you’re buying new. If not, please do not cheap out and buy an old MacBook (Pro) with a spinning hard drive.

Depends how much you have to spend. I'd be happier with an old unibody running Snow Leopard than most Windows machines. Windows 10 is disgusting and I've literally just had my first major inconvenience from LTSB, an update I didn't do rendered the thing 'old' and now I have windows activation issues, servers are packed and I'm currently maxing out my bandwidth with torrents for the next few hours. It's nice to go full Apple, as in, the phone, computer at least and maybe something like a Mac Mini home server.

I'm not sure what you'll think of current High Sierra, or upcoming Mojave, people guess that;ll be the name .

Enjoy the thermal problems :^)

I'm a former linuxfag and buying a Macbook (Around 6 years ago) was the best tech purchase I have ever made in my life. You will not regret it.

Get homebrew, iTerm2 (Or Cathode if you have autism) and oh-my-zsh.

Unironically this. Jow Forums is none of these things, which is why they hate Mac so much.

Mac is the only commercially successful desktop implementation of Unix and this makes Loonix users very upset. BSD (Which Darwin is forked from) is a much more solid implementation of Unix anyway. Linux is a clusterfuck in comparison to BSD.

Ignore the haters, it's just sour grapes.

Things Apple has replace for free over the years for me:
Hard drive
Battery
Keyboard
Motherboard

I have owned several machines and literally never had to pay for repair.

Just because of the warantee period (3? years) and I didn't even have AppleCare.

Cakebrew too if you want a GUI.

I can confirm the same for myself (primarily phones) and one of my mates (mostly MacBooks).

Ignore the 3rd worlders OP and video game addicts, they;re confused by a computer that isn't very cheap or made for playing zombie shottan gaems. Even hardcore neckbeards have had enough of Loonix these days it seems. I saw a fat neckbeard using one of the newer Macs but without the touchbar on the London underground.

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
Good luck.

Surprised it took you this long Louis.

>rarely makes a coherent point
>surprised that he only sees Macs being repaired because no one else bothers to repair their $350 winpleb machines
>last couple years pure clickbait shit
>comments section filled with autistic anime avatar cringelords ">'ing" outside of a *Chan containment zone

This board will slurp the cock of anyone who's not too ashamed of his hideousness to go on camera while owning 1 ThinkPad and saying 'apple sux'. No one here can really argue anything or even think, so in place of thinking and words you link your nasal-voiced perma-butthurt spokesperson. I think I've seen him non-sarcastically smile around 3 times ever. He's been fixing Macs for years yet he's literally too autistic to know how to do basic things still like control a fucking window in macOS. The only thing I may like about him is his integrity.

>Surprised it took you this long Louis.
Astounding telepathic ability.

>He's been fixing Macs for years yet he's literally too autistic to know how to do basic things still like control a fucking window in macOS.
He deals with hardware primarily. I haven't been following him too closely, but he most likely doesn't use a Mac for his personal computing.
>The only thing I may like about him is his integrity
What's more to ask for, especially on YouTube?