How the fuck do I team lead Jow Forums?

Serious, I just got the promotion starting next week and have absolutely no idea what im doing.

Attached: 22dnyo.png (615x684, 867K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gdcvault.com/play/1023342/Great-Management-of-Technical
amazon.com/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Teams-3rd/dp/0321934113
amazon.com/Death-March-2nd-Edward-Yourdon/dp/013143635X
sites.ualberta.ca/~enoch/Readings/The_Art_Of_War.pdf
amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-Free-Productivity/dp/0142000280
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ask somewhere where people have jobs

Well, what did your team lead do?
I know for where I work, it is usually answering questions of your people in your team of how to do their job, hence being a lead.

Depends of your company and its culture.
Some resources you might enjoy:
>Manager Tools (great free podcasts with lots of archive)
>Peopleware
>The mythical man-month

You will want to code more to solve problems but you probably shouldn't.

I used to be a team lead.
Help and mentor the ones who want to be helped. Make sure the 9-to-5 ones who don't care about their job still do something. That's basically it.

There is no secret rule. Ah, and generally you should stop coding because you'll be too busy with everything else: meetings, tickets, code reviews and all that crap.

In almost every company HR are cunts and not on your side. Also, you're supposed to preach the upper management gospel. But it's better to be honest to your team about the true motivations and intentions of your upper management.

Don't act like a cunt, and don't let cunts walk over yourself. I think that's it.

How do I get to be a team lead?
I haven't even been a codemonkey for a full year (full-time) yet, but I'm already getting tired of being the equivalent of being the industry's equivalent of a wagecuck.
I desperately want to switch into a managerial role, and I know for a fact that there are managers with little to no technical experience, so I've gotta have a leg up from them, right?
I'm not saying I want to be a manager or something, just move up in the software development world.

>white people are beautiful.

The zucc is not even human

>zucc
>white

ayylmao

thanks man, i need shit like this...just gonna download a few pdfs this week and wing it

>how to win friends and influence people

You sound a like a decent human being.
Thanks, user.

>Have a plan. Explain it simply and quickly.
>Explain why they're doing it. (To increase productivity, to keep the people I'm charge happy, whatever.)
>It doesn't have to be a good plan. Let other people suggest how to make it better.
>Meetings don't have to be long or elaborate. Just clear and concise.
>Set a deadline. Make sure they're 1/4 finished after 1/4 of time has passed, 1/2 finished at the half way point, etc.
>If you're on schedule or ahead of schedule, everyone goes home early. Boosts morale.
>Every now and then order pizzas for everyone.
You can be a cool leader, but be serious about deadlines.

That is such a bullshit book lol

Ask your boss for a management course. The 2day to SCRUM master courses are dubious in effectiveness but better than nothing.

Read up on it, try to improve.

It's great to see and know some people on Jow Forums of all places are decent team leads

does a team leader need to look like a chad?

Just go around and ask everybody what they're doing and if they're having any problems and what they plan on doing next.
Keep notes.

Do your daily scrum. Each day stand with your team in some alley preventing anyone else from crossing and ask them what they did, what problems they had and what they'll do now.

This guy is spot on.

gdcvault.com/play/1023342/Great-Management-of-Technical

>Zucc in the Gamebryo engine

Just bee yourself

>>Every now and then order pizzas for everyone.
With his own money or company's?

BHAW GAWD! IS THAT A HUMAN!?!

Read this
amazon.com/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Teams-3rd/dp/0321934113
amazon.com/Death-March-2nd-Edward-Yourdon/dp/013143635X

And this
sites.ualberta.ca/~enoch/Readings/The_Art_Of_War.pdf

And this for time manager.
amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Stress-Free-Productivity/dp/0142000280

Focus in goal projects(the thing user really need or company really need) and take care about team if get hard problems.

Never asspull new feature if scheduling full,never ever works.

TL:DR
Manager all shit from company and made Developer get things done.

just b urself :)

Do a lot of meetings, two every day, bring half as many donuts as there are people on the team, fire dissidents

If the zuc is white then I'm chinese

Attached: ibringyoulove.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>zucc
>an human bean

Make your team sing the company song every morning

Attached: 6ffe5f3059417134f918092cf4a9ff28.jpg (1000x718, 137K)

Literally corporate cuckoldry

I used to be a team lead
I did what ever it took. I was also the bridge that held the team together.

Whenever anyone needed anything they stopped going to the engineers and the engineers got angry at me.

I became so good in a few months they promoted me to lead engineer.

What do you do as a lead? Go to work in the morning and ask the engineers what they need help with and no matter how small the project you'll take it.

Go and ask supervisors what is coming up and what you can help with.

I wasn't a bad team lead. But the supervisors gave me some stupid shit as a team lead and I overworked myself and my skill level to become top engineer within months..

I can't tell you what to do
Also prepare for the haters.... I was hired on and there where people there who worked longer than me who complained that they were never promoted....

Guess what.
Nobody ever asked them for help or their guidance ?

When I was a nobody I was promoted because you're so fucking good nobody can ignore you