Brainlet here

Brainlet here.
Anyone here take this test and pass?
I have been studying for over a week and have been taking practice exams as well as professormesser.com videos... I'm honestly terrified.
I've not seen this much information in a test ever and to be honest I am not sure I will pass this convoluted acronym-induced hell.
Advice?

Attached: file.png (512x512, 18K)

the comptia test is easy as fuck

if youve taken thos shit you would know it isnt easy

i passed like three of them
just dont be an idiot

so when you say you passed 3 of them, there's two tests to each one. So when you say you passed 3 of them you mean you passed one and did half of another?

>goes through 51 pages of notes after half of the network+ tests
>user tells me its easy

Attached: file.png (261x131, 2K)

Fuck you

It is also useless.

I literally just watched the free Professor Messer videos and passed. No other studying.
It was really fucking easy.

Its not, not at all.
Well, that is to say it's not useless in getting a job or a $1-2/hr pay bump at a current one, but actual real IT/networking knowledge it does not really provide, you'd want a CCNA for that since it covers WAY more in the practical application of networking.
But CompTIA certs are great for getting your foot in the door on a helpdesk/support job, and those in my area can pay $18-22/hr which beats the fuck out of min wages.

Idk where you live, but you don't need any certification for that kind of job in most parts of the globe.

You don't /need/ it, but if you have NOTHING else to show other then your high school diploma it helps a lot.

isn't network+ similar to CCNA 1?

Even CCNA's first test covers a lot more then Network+ does.

op here. failed my test. i simply could not retain that much information.. oh well. 300 bucks down the drain.

Attached: 15281290269906755209406158646872.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

memories the brain dump

I don't know what to do man I did everything I thought would be enough to pass... but the acronyms... there were so many and a lot of the questions were very difficult to understand what they wanted.

I was also expecting a hell of a lot more questions regarding IP address assignment/subnet masks/CIDR notation but that was all for naught as there were only about 4 questions out of the 85 that it covered which drove me crazy.

do you remember any of the questions?

>3.59MB
You deserve failure.

God dam, is Jow Forums really filled with this many mentally and physically disabled dirt knuckle dragging mongrels? I could have easily passed all of first 3 comptia tests even a decade ago when I was in high school.

Attached: cavemanSMALL.jpg (1276x1648, 255K)

>I could have easily passed all of first 3 comptia tests even a decade ago when I was in high school.
My high school has the tests as curriculum. They now have a cisco certification lab too. I think it's the new "vocational" side of learning.

Can someone help me get my A+? How the fuck do I do it?

You don't.

t. someone who failed it twice

Attached: _DeadFish__Girlfriend__Kari____06__720p__AAC_.mp4_snapshot_11.30__2014.11.29_18.15.51_.jpg (1280x720, 397K)

Learn?
It's pretty damn easy isnt`t it ?

I never did it but I have Net+ and CCNA R&S + part of CCNP

If you cannot do:

>TIA 568A + B , cable types & crimping
>Structured cabling (Primary,secondary,tertiary)
>OSI & TCP/IP (Switching & Routing)
>UPS (VFI / VI)
>Troubleshooting Principles
>Forensic Data Gathering / Chain of Evidence (Securing evidence)
>Very basic programming
>Subnetting (VLSM) on the fly (Hosts , SN in dec & bin
>Power of 2 (2, 22 --- 2^15) by heart
>Storage media & RAID (0,1,5,6,10,01)
>GB vs GiB (1000 vs 1024)
>Basic Server Administration
>Basic Linux skills
>remote administration (ssh , or Telnet)
>well known ports (20,21,22,23,25,69,179 etc)

Then you don't belong in IT
(Or are only suitable for Basic Level 1 Support or as a cable monkey)

It's not that hard, if you actually like working in this field

(Reformatted text because Gooks spam filter was acting up )

Attached: 1355611795935 (2015_12_14 17_03_22 UTC).jpg (500x500, 75K)

i mean i received three comptia certs, idk what you interpreted my post as
huh? i didnt need 51 pages of notes. most of it is working knowledge and a small percent is rote memorisation

man i hope you guys arent working in IT then

Please help me get my A+. I have no idea what to do. It's not fair.

Nigger just RTFM and keep taking practice tests until you get ~90% on them. Everytime you grt a question wrong review the book to understand it better. What the fuck is so hard about that?

fuck. I am working IT. Not only that I manage a shit ton of servers and businesses with their computer needs. Most of what is covered in the network+ exam isn't real world knowledge.

how the fuck do you fail the A+? I knew 80% of the shit on both tests from lurking Jow Forums alone. If you can assemble your own computer, you can pass the A+. its so fucking easy

God I wish I hadn't smoked all that pot.

Attached: 1524276016303.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

Or you could make 40/hr + overtime without any of that shit. God damn if you have to know this shit at the entry level you're working at a job that's underpaying you and overworking. I ONLY handle basic network tasks. And when the "super technical" engineer pisses off everyone with his smug and piss poor attitude? I swoop in and make everyone happy by doing the exact opposite with a happier and more sunny disposition. And because my job department needs people like me, I was able to pull that number out of my ass, and they gave it to me.

bruh i was high literally during the test and got 864/900. get your shit together

What's RTFM?
I don't know how to get practice tests
I can't afford to spend $200 on the test

>RTFM
read the fucking material

>practice tests
there are so many free practice tests online, literally just google it.

>$200
if you have a .edu email address, the tests are half-off

>dont blame drugs cause your an idiot i cant remember my birthday thanks to xanax and passed that shit easy.

That's about the normal curriculum for a German, state recognized apprenticeship program.
(Job title is Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration / IT Expert - Systemintegration)
Which takes about 2.5 to 3 years.

It only covers the basic desu, and I've learned much more complex stuff after that like dynamic routing
(OSPF, BGP), MPLS, SDN and much more.

If you can get away with only knowing a fraction of that and still making a living good for you.
Not sure where you are from, but in my experience this wouldn't fly here.

Also I cannot agree with your generalization of Engineers. My colleagues and I try our best, to be considerate. But sometimes it's hard when other people fuck up because they don't know what they are doing and you are then tasked to unfuck it, while also maintaining a dozen of other, equally important projects, and the customer breathing down your neck.

Just my experience.

Attached: 1370282176129 (2015_12_14 17_03_22 UTC).jpg (214x221, 15K)

No guys, I wasn't that responsible teenager who only lit up like once a month. I was CONSTANTLY fucking baked. In fact I can't remember when I WASN'T baked.

I'm fucked up for life

Attached: 1522271157248.jpg (722x349, 58K)

>Read the books.
>Watch videos. (I recommend CBT Nuggets)

And most importantly. Apply what you've learned.

Get some ethernet cables of amazon + some crimping equipment and make yourself some ethernet cables.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer (or GNS3 + Images) and do some actual Networking Lab.
Grab a pice of paper and train subnetting.
Create a VM, download some Linux Distro (GNU+Linux) and fuck around with it.
Learn the different RAID Types.
Build your own computer.

I just glanced over the curriculum for A+

It's not hard. If you actually like IT. I could've done it 6-7 years ago, when I only knew a fraction of what I know now.
But you gonna have to learn for it.

Or just get a brain dump. But that won't get you far if you cannot apply what you've learned.

Attached: 1370206255057 (2015_12_14 17_03_22 UTC).jpg (640x425, 100K)

Just took the Net+ 2 weeks ago (have my A+ as well) as a high school student and passed. Read a book and watch professor messer, but I had classes so there's that.

Where can i find material for ccna 2018?

Real talk why would you waste time with Net+ when the CCNA exists.
>Muh vendor agnostic
The CCENT will teach you 5x more than the Net+ will, and that's only half of the CCNA curriculum.

>I have been studying for over a week
Nigger do you think it's a high school test? Most people study for a few months for certifications. I just finished my CCNP after a year of studying, and it will probably take 2 years to pass the CCIE.

>Taking the CompTIA jew
It means nothing, don't bother with CompTIA, if you can pass it get a CCNA and don't look back, if not stay out of IT, hate managing morons like you that think a high school level test qualifies you to do IT

You plug shit in for a living retard IT is for braindead idiots

Sage

knowing what to plug in where is what matters dipshit

I'm not one to usually apologize but I'm sorry for misjudging you. The new CCNA exam covers routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, Rip (v2 lol) and EIGRP. And I have tons upon tons of learning materials for each, I'm a big fan of having different avenues of learning.
I think it really depends on the job. Where I work (US) we have different departments that handle the network security and server side of things (see: poorly). I wouldn't typically plug my fiber jumpers to server gear without their knowledge or really at all, unless it is meant for us (like wireless virtual data plane or something). It's also where I work that has a problem with IT having a serious "holier than thou" attitude towards everyone. And it's fine I get shit on a lot by the seniors because I'm new, but also because I see value in how we treat each other while we fix issues. Our department deflects so many "non-network issues" that you would think after we discover it IS a network issue we would own up to it and finally say that we fucked up and admit it. Nope, it's always some bullshit smug response.

I took the N10-006 two years ago. Actually one of the harder CompTIA tests IMO.

Anyways, trying to do a test like this and only studying one week (if you really seriously don't know the material and you actually want to retain and understand the material) is not going to cut the cake as I'm sure you learned. You really need to learn it. As another user said, people prepare for cert tests for months. I would suggest taking a better time allotment.

literal retard you are faggot

>The CCENT will teach you 5x more than the Net+ will
this
please

comptia curriculum is fucking terrible, you learn absolutely nothing since it doesn't teach you how to DO anything
you need to be able to practice, and that's why you need to go vendor specific

it teaches you the same shit my dude just extra info with cisco product
t. someone who has net+ and ccent

The Net+ will not hurt you if you are trying to get some entry-level IT network jobs. It does contain some valuable theoretical info. But if you're really serious about actually doing practical, hands-on network administration, I would recommend taking CCENT or CCNA. The difference is that Net+ will teach what something "is", while e.g. CCNA will teach you the "how" and how to implement it and administrate it. This is more valuable to your potential employer, and therefor more valuable to you in helping you get gainful employment.

Start with Net+ and see how you do with it. If you are comfortable moving on beyond the theory go on to a Cisco cert. I only say cisco because they are widely used, and the general concepts will be applicable to other vendors and technologies as well.

t. former network admin

I got the Mike Meyers book from a friend. Read it cover to cover which may have been overkill but I was starting from 0 knowledge whatsoever. I recommend doing the online practice tests multiple times as those are similar questions you will get on the test. The lab questions are mostly just using the command line to figure out why hosts have connection issues.

My test had a huge skew towards wifi questions. I'm not sure if it's different per user.

it is a shitty resource that is broader (covers wifi, to extremely limited degree) in scope but too shallow for usefulness
it will teach you that something exists, it will not teach you the application of any device or service due to being too agnostic
t. net+ and ccnp