ASUS ROG phone

Who needs a "gaming" phone?

Attached: asus-rog-phone-2018-06-03-1-1.jpg (1600x1067, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zr6u5wJEs4w
engadget.com/2018/06/04/asus-rog-gaming-phone-hands-on/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no one the games suck

>8GB RAM
>SD 845, up to 2.96Ghz
>Front speakers
>Display- 6” FHD+ AMOLED with 90Hz refresh rate
>Camera: 8MP front, 12MP/8MP ultra-wide on the back
>4,000 mAh battery
>Advanced cooling system
>3 USB-C Ports
>and a headphone jack
>no notch

Attached: asus-rog-phone-2018-06-03-3-1.jpg (1600x1000, 248K)

Actually, considering that most phones nowadays are more powerful than the PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS combined, I'm surprised there aren't more gaming phones with physical controls.

youtube.com/watch?v=zr6u5wJEs4w

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

>full pc, using the dock accessory

Attached: asus-rog-phone-2018-06-03-21-1.jpg (1600x1000, 371K)

Anyone without a psp who still wants buttons I guess. Phones are powerful enough now, so it makes sense to just get a little dongle with buttons and joysticks.

>Nintendo DS-like accessory (with extra battery)

Attached: asus-rog-phone-twinview-dock-2018-06-03-5-1.jpg (1600x1067, 278K)

>cooler accessory, 4 ur extra gaming sessions

Attached: asus-rog-phone-2018-06-03-16-1.jpg (1600x1000, 252K)

More info about the Republic Of Gamers phone, here:
engadget.com/2018/06/04/asus-rog-gaming-phone-hands-on/

Attached: asus-rog-phone-twinview-dock-2018-06-03-2-1.jpg (1600x1067, 228K)

cool ad

Shilling this fucking blatantly.

Attached: 1524401806646.jpg (431x450, 39K)

shills out

Jow Forums is an informative blog, what's your problem?

>3 USB-C ports
Okay now I want this

It is cool, but like the 30 other times this has been tried it won't stick. PS Vita had the best shot at it but still failed.

Why do you need a controler for that? The cars drive by themselves, on every phone racing game.

For what fucking purpose? There's not a single game on mobile that is fun and worth buying a controller for it except the console ports.

can you use it as a phone?

To buy this or finish fabbing my pipboy.
I just wish I could buy 2k 6 inch touchscreens.
Why cant they be sold with digitizers.

no, sorry

>what is pubg

Attached: ROG-PUBG-SEA-PR-1.jpg (900x506, 59K)

If mobile phonea just got physical buttons again, gaming on mobile would be 1000x better

Attached: 1527857629626.png (298x279, 29K)

oh, you must be a fortnite fan

Attached: Fortnite-Battle-Royale-Android-961149.jpg (590x350, 62K)

Nintendo Switch: Pajeet Edition

Android's crap power management consistently ruins any gaming experiences. Games that run great on low end hardware will blow through a high end SoC's thermal budget producing inconsistent frame rates. Until capping frequencies and core counts available to games becomes a common and readily configurable option; gaming on android will be crap.

This. Emulators on phone are pretty slick tho, and PSP/NDS/Gameboy games are aight. I'd like to buy the controller attachment in OP but they're mostly Chink stuff or mediocre third party ones for like $30.

Absolutely useless nigger cattle that do nothing but play games do.

I don't even give a shit about the gaymur bits, that sounds like my ideal phone.

Vulkan improved my fps a shitton in PPSSPP, I can't believe I can now play 2007 games on my 2015 phone.

Same. Pretty interesting specs.

Because Nokia NGage was so popular, right?

...does this thing actually require you to have two phones?
And if (hopefully) not, why isn't the bottom screen smaller and with physical controls on the sides?

I never expected to say it but razer did it better.

>Advanced cooling system

>skeptic.jpg
what is it, exactly? not the adapter you have to buy separately, i hope

>3 USB-C Ports
Kek, this phone has more ports than a MacBook.

>psvita
This piece of shit should not be used for any reasonable comparison that doesn't have the intention of proving how bad of a device it was.
It still hurts that the glorious psp became this pile of garbage as a successor.

According to Engadget, it's a separate accessory
Same here, it's an accessory
Except you'd have ROG bullshit all-over your phone, maximum cringe if you place next to your ROG laptop

It's a clipon second screen with triggers, speakers and a battery pack. I'm not sure which screen is the fucking phone though.
*equips case*

Even better: it has one more USB port than an Alienware 17 R4!

*search result: no results*
And the phone is the one with the on screen nav buttons, dummy

Advanced cooling system refers to the internal vapor chamber, not the external cooling fan.

Oh then you actually are just incapable of having fun. You have to suck really bad at pvp to not enjoy these.

>gaeyming phone
Just another attempt at selling shit at higher prices than normal.

No, the article specifically stated the clip on fan

Why would you put the heavy phone on the hinge?

why not just carry around a switch and carry a normal fucking phone?

Not him but you belong in the
>>>trash

Only thing I wanted is something that looks like a xperia play. Just make a solid hardware with a good responsive controller integrated just for emulation
I dont know how people play precision game in a toutch scree, the analog controls are pure shit.
The shit side of periferal controller is that most of them are not pratical to carry inside a pocket.

strong hinge?

Attached: 4d5.jpg (449x642, 54K)

RUMOR is $700 (emphasis on rumor).

Because the switch doesn't fit in people's pockets unless they're wearing cargo pants.

That and everyone is waiting for the revision

Attached: uZfUDcJ.png (1019x398, 275K)

>More importantly, there's a "3D vapor-chamber cooling system" -- essentially a massive slab of copper heat radiator plus some carbon cooling pads attached to the circuit board -- that covers most parts of the phone internally. This apparently provides 16 times more heat dissipation area than a standard smartphone cooling design, thus allowing a longer CPU peak endurance by up to five folds.
If it's $700 for the 128gb model I'm absolutely fucking sold.

>No physical buttons only a grip with battery and extra screen.
What the fuck they are thinking?

You cant even put it in a pocket

>128gb model
btw, they're listing a 512gb option too

What? The vita was fucking fantastic, good battery life, ergonomic, better than the 3ds in every spec.

That's with the second screen accessory you moron, otherwise it's the same dimensions as a Zenfone 5 (2018)

You've got the other option for that:

>still playing games
>2018

When will thia fad die?

I know it a separate port dumbass.
What Im saying is that even without the phone, the handhend grip could even fit in a pocket. You must have a backpack or bag to carry this

>his hobby is "programming"
Literally more sad than playing video games as your hobby

>rog
>razorphone
>blackshark
they're just making emulators easier

Nice!

Attached: 1411966782815.png (567x748, 462K)

>phone cooler
my sides

you are actually a cumguzzler piece of shit that thinks this mobile shit made versions for chinks are actually any good.
Only a desperate gook in a god forsaken country would think this is at all enjoyable.
Fuck off whence you came you stupid retard, the shill quota on Jow Forums is already filled.

wow

/thread
if it can emulate it might actually be decent

>rounded screen corners
into the trash it goes.
fuck your fake resolutions which are far less than actually advertised

Cant he just be white and degenerate while wealthy enough to waste time and money on phones?

>runs android
gaming phones are worthless barring a windows revival. no one wants to buy a new gaming phone every 6 months because botnet drops support

Would the ethnostate allow it? Probs not

This. That's the only reason I'm interested in this.

>going from the godlike seperate d-pad buttons back to the old clunky shit dpad
>improvement
haha. yeah, no.

How are you going to play games like mario odyssey, which give extra functionality when playing with joycons detached?

*very cautiously teleports behind you*

Attached: sony_ericsson_xperia_play_review_sg_33.jpg (1000x786, 331K)

I'd be personally embarrassed if I knew that shit. Grow up.

why did they never release this but with recent cpu/gpu/ram upgrades?

Garbage?

But what if someone calls me?

Because PSP is dead and Sony have no intention of trying to revive it.

I for one love my PS Vita. I rarely use it, but I love it.

Attached: titanfall-vita.jpg (820x416, 65K)

but how will 12 year olds play fortnite?

The absolute state of appel

Holy fucking shit its a featured part of the game in the tutorial. Grow up.

t. Nintendrone who drank the kool aid

There are different reasons why its bad. I think my fav is the proprietary memory card format.

Psv has 3g support and i think a phone app?

Neat, though I really have no use for it. I wonder what older, higher end desktop GPUs the GPU in that thing is comparable to.

Because it's one device rather than multiple? The same reason most people only carry a smartphone today, rather than a phone, a handheld, and an MP3 player like I did in the 2000s. Smartphones replacing handhelds for games that aren't glorified flash games would be the next logical step given all the other discreet mobile devices they've replaced.

>For what fucking purpose?
Did you miss Nintendo demonstrating that newer game ports are possible with hardware slightly weaker than flagship smartphones these days? Also, the Fortnite/Pubg phone ports. Companies are going to see that they can offer people the ability to play console quality games on the device they already own/have with them every day, and that will sell. I'm personally wondering how it will affect the console gaming market.

I'm probably going to buy this phone just for the balls deep performance of it. All this top end hardware, vastly better cooling, large battery, nice display. Even without it's various accessories, it looks pretty cool.

If i take that off will it die ?

skinny jeans, I don't get it. can you even bend in those things?

Attached: images.jpg (443x332, 24K)

who the fuck would buy this phone other than 14 year olds and autistic manchilds

$2000 pls

spoiler: there are already major emulators available for ARM

Is that was the phone is supposed to retail for? If so they can fuck right off. $1100 gets me a 256GB Samsung Galaxy S9+ AND a 256GB microSD card.

I don't need a gaming phone
but having a phone that isn't complete shit that can also game is nice

Jow Forums will claim to hate it, but the reality is most of them can't afford it. Jow Forums hates what it cannot afford.