With every current web browser now on par with each other as far as speed and standard implementations go...

With every current web browser now on par with each other as far as speed and standard implementations go, is there any need to show distain or compassion for one browser over another? Are we at a point where it doesn't matter which browser you choose?

Attached: browsers-icons.png (1322x272, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204683
omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/11/nsa-ask-linus-torvalds-include-backdoors-linux-father-says-yes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That every browser is Chrome now is, in fact, a reason to care. It's bullshit.

> Daily reminder that the only company who cares about privacy is Apple
> Meaning that the normie with his macbook and iphone is probably better protected than you’ll ever be
> the only thing that we would need is an apple search engine

>apple search engine
that would be pretty based

>apple search engine

It already has its own web crawler.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204683

I wish every Jow Forums poster would be forced to read this.

Getting fucking sick of this "Mactoddler" meme that is spammed in every Apple thread, meanwhile, the same anons are saying how based Stallman is for his views on privacy and freedom, whilst crying that every program is a botnet, whilst they carry around an Android spyware phone and Google knows exactly what they are doing every second of the day.

Furthermore, OSX is actually a commercially SUCCESSFUL UNIX DESKTOP. Stop being poorfags and get behind it lads.

And yes, an apple search engine would be great. Unfortunately they would probably lose a lot of money on it as they don't want to spy on their users.

Attached: emacs.png (1440x900, 123K)

I've always just laughed at those kinds of people on here. The inconsistency and double standards of lagdroid & linux boys is too baffling to take seriously.

Mac OSX was the linux in the 90s
And Microsoft in 90's is like Apple today

Nowadays

Windows is shit
BSD is the new linux
Linux is the new apple
Apple is the new Windows

>oooeeo

OSX is BSD

i know but im talking about status and reputation

Apple doesnt care about privacy. They are part of PRISM and their encryption is backdoored like the rest. You're either a shill or a total retard, i'd put money on both.

Attached: 1526186396819.jpg (824x626, 43K)

>commercially successful desktop Unix
>amazing build quality and highly aesthetic cases
>so socially valued it is seen as a status symbol
>literally repairs your hardware for free
>stands up to GOVERNMENTS to prevent privacy violations
=
>poor status and reputation

You absolute imbecile

>Mac OSX was the linux in the 90s
mac isn't based on linux and vice-versa
>And Microsoft in 90's is like Apple today
micropenis isn't owned by aplel and vice-versa
>Windows is shit
it was never not shit
>BSD is the new linux
*bsd doesn't use loonix kernel and vice-versa
>Linux is the new apple
gnu/loonix is not applel product
>Apple is the new Windows
windoz is not applel product

Unfortunaltey this

I feel like the FBI vs Apple standoff againstprivacy was just for show

Any US based company can be legally obliged to give anything to the NSA/CIA

They did it in secret whats stopping them now?

I'm saying Apple is the New Windows as windows was in the 90's. Absolutely dominant.

Im talking bout status and not about the actual kernel and whatever

Yeah, that's how they unlocked those iPhones. Oh wait, they didn't.

The difference is, Windows was never cool. A woman might even decide to sleep with you or not based on whether you have and iPhone or tacky green speech bubbles. Having a Mac is like owning a sports car.

I've been taking my Macbook to work for over a year and I still get comments from people every now and then about how nice it is and how they wish they had a nice laptop like that instead of whatever shite they have to work on.

You guys probably won't believe me but it is absolutely true.

I'm sorry, is it genetic or did you suffer a brain injury?

>Apple vs. FBI was one of the biggest legal battles in which Apple was being forced to build a backdoored version of its iOS that could have helped the agency unlock Farook's iPhone, but the company refused.
> american gov has been forcing tech companies to provide data and backdoor tech for as long as the tech existed
> companies flatly denied this as absurd until several programs (including PRISM) were leaked
> statements are made that national security requests are not allowed to be publicized, so nobody actually knows the extent of the control

So, you know apple wont/cant admit to backdooring anything, and you know they can't say if theyre being coerced, but in 2016 a media circus erupts about how theyre so willing to fight for their users and they would never do those things they can't admit to?

Sure thing bud.

Attached: 1526558021892.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>Are we at a point where it doesn't matter which browser you choose?
There's Vivaldi that uses Chromium, but tries to look and be unique compared to other browsers.

I feel like we're at that point, yeah. I flip flop between Firefox, Chrome and Safari when I'm on macOS and Chrome on Linux (Firefox, on my system anyway, likes to cause the kwin file picker to crash on kubuntu)

I'm a macfag. I'm Jow Forums’s resident oldfag normie but I don't use a trip because tripfags are garbage people, but I am here quite a lot between patients at work and while waiting for my RL friends to get off work (I work 2am-11am), so I see a lot of these threads you mention and it kind of pisses me off.

All of these freetard autists using desktop Linux probably don't know the first thing about actual security and wouldn't have any clue if someone managed to sneak a rootkit into their desktop system to use it as part of an *actual botnet*, yet they sit there and try to act all smug and superior because they're taking advantage of security though obscurity since no one wastes time creating major viruses for a system with less than 3% desktop market share, but the truth is the reason Linux servers are so secure is because of security analysts and full time staff *keeping* them secure, it doesn't just happen on its own and running 'apt upgrade' or 'pacman -Syyu' doesn't guarantee your system is secure. You're relying on literally a bunch of hobbyists for your security. Yeah, Apple has dropped the ball a couple times with vulnerability issues over the years but they all required physical access to the machine, which as any security professional will tell you, once someone has physical access it's game over anyway.

macOS has been my primary OS for the last six months, after 24 years of using Linux exclusively. I used Linux all through med school and a lot of times found myself spending an hour or more finding a way to make Linux do something that Windows or macOS did out of the box but because I was young and agreed with the free software ideology I considered it a small price to pay, but now at nearly 37 I've realized how fucking pointless it all was and how much time I wasted just to not be a "mactoddler" or "windrone", and for what? YOTLD never came and never will. On the desktop it's still a hobbyist OS suffering from fragmentation. I'm proudly a macfag.

yep, now everything is chrome

You’re unironically shilling Vivaldi like we don’t know about that shit already.
Where is Vivaldi for IOS ?
Safari ftw no need for anything else, other browsers don’t care about your privacy nigger

Everything has a backdoor then, even some of linux distros with NSA trying to talk with Linus Torvald. If we go full paranoid mode than potentially everything has a fucking backdoor since you never know. If we go the sane route then we can see that Apple core products do not depend as much as on data gathering like with Facebook, Google or even Microsoft that has much more software development that make use of data. If you really piss off U.S. government unless you are a high rank government official of opposing country (China/Russia) then you are fucked unless you find billion years old tinkpads where NSA capabilities are less severe and oh, nearly all of internet traffic goes through servers located in Canada and U.S. de facto owns the banking system SWIFT so better be careful opening a bank account. Yes we are fucked but unless you really interest U.S. government you will be safe since it would be too much effort do even dig through all of the info. You can limit the info collection but it's near impossible to completely stop it so we choose between lesser evil.
>omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/11/nsa-ask-linus-torvalds-include-backdoors-linux-father-says-yes

>Everything has a backdoor then

No shit. Are you unaware of Vault 7?

Why would Vivaldi care for a skin on top of Safari? Can Safari even render a Node.js UI?

Vivaldi is not available on the smartphones, but you can use it on Mac.

>literally "just stop being poor"
stopped reading there

>Apple is the new Windows
not outside of Jow Forums

is there finally a way to fucking hide scrollbars on firefox? i am going crazy.