Free and Open-Source (FOSS) linux operating systems without systemd in the default installation, please use it

Free and Open-Source (FOSS) linux operating systems without systemd in the default installation, please use it.
sysdfree.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/135/
Anti Leonard Poettering petition
change.org/p/lennart-poettering-stop-writing-useless-programs-systemd-journal

Attached: 15273427195100.png (1500x922, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/systemd/
naftuli.wtf/2017/01/12/systemd-is-awful/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
galexander.org/systemd_sucks.html
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women,
ix.io/1cjL
ix.io/1cjM
reddit.com/r/illumos/comments/6ynn9g/so_about_illumoss_desktop_future/
sysdfree.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/135/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do people even care about systemd? I bet 99% of you are not even sysadmins and therefore will hardly notice any difference.

install gentoo

in general it is easier for people to HATE on the "right" (or more likely wrong) thing than it is to be productive i.e. support or maintain their alternative(s)

already using slackware

Void checking in.

I use LFS with systemd, it’s awesome, makes so many things easy such as efi bootloader, networking, setting up a bridge device, easy custom units to start any service on boot. every other init is complete garbage compared to systemd

Why? What the fuck is a systemd and why is it bad? I'm a retard and google explanations are way too technical.

If Jow Forums were ever to seriously make a non-systemd FOSS Linux OS, OP's pic should be the mascot, and the logo should involve anime and cat ears.
>inb4 "pfft, >Jow Forums >serious lol"
>inb4 "gtfo anime reeee"

systemd is the best example of Suck
suckless.org/sucks/systemd/
naftuli.wtf/2017/01/12/systemd-is-awful/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
galexander.org/systemd_sucks.html

Is Red Hat fucking up? I'm a fedora user and I was tempted to change OS after seeing fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women, do I have an extra reason now?

already am
great pic btw

Attached: 2018-06-04-185253_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 657K)

How do you make your Jow Forums look like that? Did you apply the same rice to other sites too (for consistency)?

it only applied to Jow Forums I think, it's impossible to rise the hell out of every single site
not him btw

I'm using Gentoo (with OpenRC, of course).

Attached: poettering-linux.png (640x600, 317K)

>How do you make your Jow Forums look like that?
4chanX + oneechan
here's my oneechan theme ix.io/1cjL
>Did you apply the same rice to other sites too
just 8ch (here's the css if you want that, it's really messy though ix.io/1cjM

You have a Terminus of your heading brain.

what did he mean by this

Why bother?

Void developer checked out.

A lot of people won't care and don't necessarily need to. I care about it from only two standpoints: one is technical, one is ethical. From the technical, sometimes systemd hangs on boot and I have to do a hard reset to get the system back. Secondly it's funded, in part, by the US Gov so MAY contain backdoors [MAY - this is purely speculation].

An old friend of mine was a sysadmin and he hated it. His reasons were:

- it's a separate OS under the main OS [Poettering confirmed this]
- it doesn't adhere to Unix philosophy
- it's unstable and could cause problems on servers or supercomputers
- its a large attack vector
- it's maintainer[s] don't follow through with squashing bugs probably [NOTABUG, WONTFIX]
- it's badly coded
- its adoption was forced/the voting system was rigged for certain distros

For me, I use Debian and Slackware. I may move away from Debian because it uses systemd. I wanted to get into Linux not to worry at all about my OS, and systemd niggles at me, I don't totally trust it. It's hugely expensive and mostly unnecessary. Yes, boot times are faster but I'd rather have a stable boot.

Yes.
As if you needed any more.

Can you recommend me a based (preferrably debian-based, if not just user friendly) distro?

reddit.com/r/illumos/comments/6ynn9g/so_about_illumoss_desktop_future/

The ones from sysdfree.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/135/ sound very obscure and unreliable

>Slackware
>unreliable

Pick one. It's the most stable OS I've used, ever. I've been using it for five months and haven't had one crash, glitch or boot failure.

>only sysadmins use their computer for anything other than liking pictures of cats in a web browser.

>be me
>retard

I need something easier to use, so far I've only meddled with ubuntu, mint, and fedora

He stopped contributing a long time ago and void was doing well.
There's a couple small problems with infrastructure, but that will be solved soon.
The distro is comfy as fuck.

Nice jerk-off legs