/ftbn/ - fuck the botnet general

I'm sick and tired of fucking multinational corporations and governments thinking they have the right to spy on us and infringe on our rights, making money off of controlling the internet, something with the potential to be the greatest force for good the world has ever seen if it wasn't crippled and maimed by shitty corporate interests.

the internet is fucked Jow Forums, itt share ways you escape from the botnet and fight back against this shit.

>links
prism-break.org/en/
libreboot.org/

Attached: 300px-Stylized_eye.svg.png (300x120, 4K)

Embrace the botnet.
It's very convinient and will make your life easier.
No one is spying on your 1 TB of futanari.

maybe nobody is spying on me intentionally, but I never gave consent for them to use my data.

You use their free services and their algorithms show ads based on your interests.
It's a win-win situation.

I don't use their free services, but their scripts are embedded on every website I use.

Then do something about it, instead of bitching about it

thats why i made this thread, retard.

I have to agree with you there.
I can't live without uMatrix and Pi-hole.

i wish websites would just ask for my fucking consent before serving a page full of third party scripts.

As if those pop-ups warning about the use of cookies aren't bad enough.
Just make uMatrix block Javascript by default and run Pi-hole and/or Pfsense, and you are good to go.
What are you using?

Instead of bitching we could talk about solutions for getting rid of the botnet. Lets talk about home replacements for botnet solutions like running your own mail server and serving your own music collection to yourself

How can I make pihole not be slow as fuck on wifi devices when browsing pages with HTTPS ads?

Ethernet-connected devices don't have the issue.

Try running it on a minimal Debian install.

Having your Google and social media accounts deleted just feels so great. Trust me, you won't regret it.

>I shouldn't have to make basically trivial sacrifices in order to maintain the civility and cohesiveness of such a massive society which, by the way, I am completely free to leave any time!
>NYEH

Attached: 1506262083583.jpg (490x275, 33K)

It's already on a headless Raspbian install.
Can't go lower than that because I would need to set up the entire thing again. Which includes CUPS, Ejabberd, Owncloud and certbot for SSL certificates. Also, a fucking cron job that fucks around with my firewall to get the SSL certificate to synchronize without Pihole interfering, purely because those fucknuggets at letsencrypt make no option for using any other port than 80 for renewals and Pihole will overwrite any port settings upon updating.

>they still think it's actually being deleted

Attached: 1499413196912.png (383x301, 86K)

It's better than nothing. Even if they have everything you gave them over the last 10 years the fact that you "deleted" the account hopefully means you have the willpower to resist giving them anything more.

Well duh of course they store it. Its just that you don't have to worry about managing all your accounts anymore. Everybody who wants to escape the botnet deletes their accounts.

btfo

>raspbian
I think that's the problem: its processor is just too slow.

fuck off and follow the horde

Attached: 20i0-i0-4i0-ti40-ti40ti40ti4.png (568x123, 11K)

>I am completely free to leave any time!
Bait harder

Attached: 1528141868750.jpg (800x800, 19K)

That's the part you focused on? Really?

get yuro citizenship
obfuscate your shit, upload a few TB of stock photos to your botnet accounts and label them as your friends
install adnauseam

>Embrace the botnet.

this will be soon enough the contrarian point

I think you are running too many things on it.

>certbot for SSL certificates. Also, a fucking cron job that fucks around with my firewall to get the SSL certificate

can't you used a self signed cert or pay like $3 and get a cert? Why people fuck around with let's encrypt

>he doesn't exclusively access the internet only through some third-world country's dialup via acoustic coupler at remote payphones (with free long distance obtained with bluebox given their terribly outdated infrastructure of course) wearing pic related with disposable librebooted/FDE'd with hardening thinkpad proxychain'd through tor+vpn and private browsing mode
Pathetic...

Attached: 1497095054040.jpg (780x480, 89K)

>being this autistic

This, you can encrypt all your shit and use the botnet

>being this cucked

I think you'll fit in a lot better on this awesome site
reddit.com!

>botnet reeeeeee

>russians reeeee

nu Jow Forums out