/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 698d5791d44c47e7b2a5b918f4fc151d.jpg (2000x2704, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436
aes-media.org/sections/pnw/pnwrecaps/2014/solive_sep14/seattle_aes_sep18_2014 _headphone_talk.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WYeteMTCPC8
youtube.com/watch?v=1z-kjSKaP0I
my.mixtape.moe/epxsni.flac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 975A4002-FAF3-4CE6-9A8B-78ABF468576F.jpg (2688x4032, 1.98M)

Attached: 1504582269580.png (1524x3312, 683K)

based

I want to lick their feet.

>deal hunt
>$650
you can find stax systems for $500 used, someone here bought the srs-3100 for $500 new because of the ebay 20% off deal

based brainlet poster

buy the driver used and the headphone new imo

Not owning l700 and hd800s in the year of our lord 2018

Attached: 54587627-D09E-40DA-B677-552154A7DBE7.jpg (3024x4032, 2.2M)

What's a good amp to use with a headset or headphones with a PS4?

I don't want surround sound only since it sucks with any game not built for it like the Astro Mixamp Pro.

Attached: 1527145088879.jpg (640x478, 77K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Good OP.

Attached: 1518315605528.png (1920x1200, 3.01M)

Bad OP.

>hd800s
why would you ever want a hd800s

>headphones
>cute girls
>feet
What's your problem?

VERY bad post.

Can someone who has AES membership share this new paper with us?

A Statistical Model that Predicts Listeners' Preference Ratings of Around-Ear and On-Ear Headphones

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436

Attached: 1528112335644[1].png (200x289, 50K)

But they don't want you to lick their feet.

Can someone explain me where this Harman 6 dB bass boost comes from?

its all just a giant meme dude

Umi looks silly here

like the takstar meme?

This looks like a memeguide. Anyway none of these are available in my shithole. But there is option to order it directly from chinks, so I'll probably meme myself into buying one.

from trained listeners of warm tube sound, same people that like audeze

you have cuckoldry ingrained deeply in your membrane

Why does no one reply to me whenever I ask.....

Nobodies likes you, now fuck off.

because shit headset you use doesn't require an amp

you forgot mrspeakers/zmf at midfi and the kannons at summitfi

Attached: 1360711583243.jpg (413x395, 80K)

Hey Jow Forums, should I get the ATH SR5BT? How does it compare to the msr7?

I want to fuck Natsuha while shielding myself with 7506s.

Hey yggdrasil user if you're here you never did answer my question

If I understand correctly then it comes from this research:
aes-media.org/sections/pnw/pnwrecaps/2014/solive_sep14/seattle_aes_sep18_2014 _headphone_talk.pdf
They tested only 11 people (3 untrained), got different results and averaged them.
Sean Olive said somethig like "Maybe people like more bass than flat in room because the music they listen to was made in studio where room gain is present". But it does not sound right because pic releated. Also they listened to not bass heavy music.
If I put 3 dB boost on my flat in room response speakers I often feel like it's too much on some music but on most tracks it sounds good. If I put 6 dB boost then even bass light music sometimes starts beeing boomy.
I tried a couple of headphones equalized to 2015 Harman target and they sounded very bass heavy.

Attached: f635d4_50033309753443959693a01dde1540e1~mv2[1].png (600x521, 214K)

Darkvoice is up on massdrop if anyone is interested in a cheap but good tube amp

>good
Compared to what?

or you could use that money to buy a stax amp

Hachiroku is the best girl.

No bully.

Attached: preheatedyggy.jpg (873x1164, 224K)

It pretty much beats everything else in its price range with its only competitor being the little dot mk3 and is just a pretty good tube amp. Its pretty much a perfect entry for tube amps. I said it was good not endgame. Yes yes I'm sure your gorillion dollar tube amp with audio crystals have much more plankton.

yeah, and some people call that "musical" headphone
why music school education sucks so much in the world, people that went through ~10 solfeggio lesson in their childhood would never want bass

That's a gungnir isnt it? Also I'll keep bullying him until he gives me an answer

>beats
What do you mean by this?

Its better
>inb4 what does better mean
Its an actual tube amp not some hybrid nonsense and has decent amount of tube rolling options. The sound it provides is what people typically want and expect out of a tube amp. All can also be said about the little dot mk3.

What are it’s weaknesses?

What would you suggest then lad?

Anyone tried the new Sennheiser HD820? I tried them at a Sennheiser store in Germany and they were insane

Well like I said its entry level tube amp so I guess there is always something subjectively better for more money

Maitetsu soon lads

What are some of it’s weakness’ and some of it’s strengths, subjectively?

On track!

I was at an audio show and didn't try them personally but the general impression of the room was that they were actually very disappointing

Did you know? When you plug two Schiit together, they're pooping back and forth. Forever.
))((

Attached: 1494651388773.jpg (1600x1400, 827K)

I found them to be a step up from my HD800S, flattest sound I have ever heard in my life, surprisingly good soundstage for a closed pair, a bit overbearing low-end but still very detailed. Probably not worth the asking price since it feels more like they're just being different for the sake of being different

Like that scene in Euphoria?

the headfi thread is actually pretty negative on them too, surprisingly so

Pls add the Superlux hd330s to the budget list, they sound better than my tackstar pro 82s, and Philips shp9500ps, and have removable pads

Hold on I'm retarded, I just read the red text

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE BACKBEAT PRO 2?

Well to me it doesnt really have weaknesses but I'm not really into the tube meme, I find them as fun distractions and I've never desired to go past entry level. Strengths for me are its just a fun little alternative to change things up every now and then. Its perfect if you just want to try out the tube meme without spending a lot, and if you end up not liking it they're actually pretty easy to resell

the Superlux HD-330's are the best sounding chi-fi headphone I've ever heard, and beat the tackstar pro82's in every aspect except for stock comfort, and they lack a removable cable, which can be diy'd on if you care, but with new pads, the price if roughly equal on the two

Attached: aaaaa (1 of 1)-99.jpg (1000x624, 131K)

>into the tube meme
What does this mean to you? So, no weaknesses. Any strengths?

axel grell himself said that the HD800S are better and that you only want the HD820 if you need a closed back

Using those together with the Telephone preset on Equalizer APO makes them a 10/10

Attached: ss+(2018-06-04+at+12.49.42).png (837x673, 79K)

I'm not really into the tube sound and only occasionally listen to tubes for fun. As such I dont spend nearly the money others who do like that sound do on tube amps. And I just told you strengths

>tube sound
Could you describe that for me?

In my experience warm and sort of spreads the sound out if that makes any sense. Slight loss of detail. I dont know how to really describe it, you have to listen yourself. Its almost like listening to vinyl

I’ve never really heard vinyl on my own either. Tempted by the darkvoice, but never heard tubes either. Trying to get a feel from someone who’s heard it what to expect.

Also depends on the kind of music you're listening to. They're shit if you're listening to edm or something but they can be really good if youre listening to something slower and more soothing

Sayo recommends HD600.

Attached: 1523186387619.png (1024x1024, 80K)

I want some headphones for traveling, might jump into the wireless meme.
Are the bowers & wilkins px worth it or should I stop being dumb and get something wired?

Just get something wired that has a removable cable so that you can get a 4' straight cable

best sub 100 $ headphones for gaming?

You ever compare it to Crack or Valhalla 2, or some other OTL?

superlux hd668b/330
Tackstar hi2050
Philips shp9500
Audiotechnica openback whatevers
pretty much any open back headphone that isn't a gamurfaggot headset, buy a mic separately from the cans

post M U S I C

youtube.com/watch?v=WYeteMTCPC8

Attached: f2b5cbd8adb83c39473908598b4ab75c.jpg (700x979, 69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1z-kjSKaP0I

Good boy for not repeating the "big stax are harder to drive" line.

why does the red text change anything?

Datte datte aa mujou, umi ver.
my.mixtape.moe/epxsni.flac

Attached: 1508035837402.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

It’s common knowledge by now.

It is commonly accepted, but we want to be very careful about what we know and so not tell fibs.

how much sound of your surroundings do you hear when you use an open back headphone?

It’s not a hard concept.

Depends on the model. Most let vocal range through unattenuated. Most attenuate high frequency noise pretty well.

Then explain the reason why the 007 would need more power.

buy ZMF

If you can’t figure it out by now. . .

I wanna get the STAX SRS-3100, it's £795 here.
What DAC/AMP should I get?(max £200~)

Attached: akatsuki.jpg (540x960, 44K)

It's calling the presented headphones shit/scams, and giving alternates to the ones in the infographic

Get it from audiocubes.

Wait, hold the fuck up I'm double retarded, I just reread the infographic

just get it from ebay nigga, you can get it brand new off the gooks from around £550

I wanna smell their panties. Not gay btw.

>Then explain the reason why the 007 would need more power.
it has the thickest diaphragm out of all the staxs ever made

It has the same thickness of 1.35 um until you can prove otherwise (that confused headfi post doesn't count)

oh okay because I live with some pretty noise people so maybe open back headphones aren't the best option for me

>It has the same thickness of 1.35 um until you can prove otherwise
lol.

Attached: stax.png (1073x506, 95K)

Reduced sensitivity in the upper frequency ranges. To put it another way, it sounds dark. More specifically, it has a broad recess from 2-10kHz, like the stereotypical Audeze.
Perceptual loudness weighs the upper mid and treble range more than the rest of the spectrum.

How often do stax fail?
I've been thinking about buying a 2nd pair of L300LE to have as a spare for when the first one fails

Please god someone give suggestions for wireless earphones, I'm sick of this gay USB-C jack meme

Attached: 1527103308312.jpg (1200x1447, 165K)

That's what I thought.

Doubt.

Attached: Ugreen-Bluetooth-Receiver-3-5mm-Jack-Bluetooth-Audio-Music-Receiver-Adapter-Mobil-Aux-Kabel-Gratis-u (640x640, 53K)