Apple deprecates first generation watches

WatchOS 5 is not coming to 1st gen Apple watches, that means anyone who paid $10000 for an Apple Watch edition now has an obsolete model.

Attached: appleedition.png (600x341, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2018/05/01/apple-watch-saves-life-chronic-kidney-disease/
newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/05/02/apple-watch-saves-life/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who the fuck actually uses an apple watch?

just get a new base level watch and reuse your old 99,700 band.

i'm literally crying

you mean i can't walkie talkie on my 24k gold applel watch?

>smartwatches

Attached: Penn-Jillette.jpg (280x290, 26K)

Who gives a shit? The smartwatch as the apple watch functions is garbage anyway, you don't need a super high quality display and a touchscreen to power something on your wrist you use to tell the time and read your texts.

Devices like the pebble had the right idea, keep the functionality comparatively barebones and practical, make it as expensive as you need to to make it reliable on the base functionality to read notifications, tell the time, and perform a couple of other base functions.

I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Inspector Gadget in the early 1980s. Penny's "computer book" and watch were really cool back then and they still are. I'd totally buy Penny's smartwatch if it had the features shown in the original series. Applel watches are still pretty far away from being there, though.

Attached: smartwatch-penny-gif.gif (773x472, 2.54M)

>itoddlers cucked AGAIN

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 7K)

People who actually get off their ass
High I'm the dedicated Apple shill.
The Apple Watch continues to be the best selling watch on Earth,surpassing Casios line. The Apple Watch is essentially the only wrist-mounted clock still selling in 2018.

>l-l-l-look how hard apple fucks me in the ass
I wouldn't brag about that bro.

Penny also had a tablet (in book form).

You do realize Apple Watches start at $350? Odds are if you purchased the single most fucking expensive model, you don't care that its "upgrade" time, which is by no means necessary.

GOD DAMMIT APPLE, YOU TRICKED ME FOR THE LAST TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Attached: SHRIEK.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

e19246
Yea, which is why their Android equivalents have been receiving software updates for so long! Moto 365 anyone? Oh, it didn't even make it to the next version...

Why are they still making these fucking ugly square smartwatches
Is that Moto 360 still the only one with a round display?

What's the big deal? Nobody's stopping them from buy the new model.

>Watch
>obsolete

Well that's no good, is it. How are we going to read the time on such outdated technology?

>tfw my mid-range $800 first gen Apple Watch is now obsolete

Hits me harder than Edition owners, as anyone who was willing to plop 10-20k on new Apple shit would have too much disposable income to even care.

Attached: 0650C859-A716-4021-9181-A11125E2ECD1.jpg (638x544, 61K)

>Never buy first gen Apple product.

>>Never Apple products.
Fixed.

>Meanwhile, Jow Forums's watch F-91W just continues on working like a boss

>Apple installs giant rocket boosters all around the equator facing sideways
>burns 1000000000 tons of rocket fuel
>day is now 17 mins shorter
>have to buy the latest Apple watch to tell time accurately

Attached: 1518307204911.jpg (599x563, 74K)

>$10000

It doesn't cost anywhere close to that.

gen 1 watch =/= series 1 watch

>F-91W
>not AQ230

ishiggydiggy

Okay, just trade it in
Wow, is that hard?

I used to think this way too, but these stories are pretty interesting.

These devices are great tools for anyone trying to get healthy and start exercising but who might be at risk from years of living a sedentary lifestyle (like most people on this board probably are):

>bgr.com/2018/05/01/apple-watch-saves-life-chronic-kidney-disease/

>newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/05/02/apple-watch-saves-life/

Attached: time.jpg (495x509, 78K)

DIDN'T YOU HEAR?
IT GREW 60% IN 2017

>healthy
>strapping a bluetooth radio device that close to one part of your flesh for extended periods of time
lel

explain

0.3 sheckles have been deposited into your account

>"Everybody look at me, I'm not blind and I've got taste"
Get a load of this guy

Only chinks make square smartwatches now, every major phone manufacturer makes thick round watches with retardedly huge bezels.

I think he was referring to the 24k gold one.

The first generation Apple Watch was deprecated from the first day Series 2 came out with far better processor, battery, GPS and water proofing.
It was a night and day difference between gen 1 and Series 2 that you knew it would cease to get support pretty damn soon.

>tfw had the gen 1 stainless steel but was able to sell it for 2/3 of what I paid for and get that series 2 in stainless steel again.
No need to upgrade from Series 2 still, lets see what Series 4 has to offer, but I highly doubt ill upgrade.

I do.. mostly for a fitness tracker. I started out using fitBits but they suck horribly and I am very happy with my apple watch.

I have one, the Series 3 with LTE is fucking based, going for runs or to the gym or to take care of errands while leaving the phone behind is a nice touch.

I didn't think I'd like it but I got a Series 3 (non-LTE) and fucking love it.

I'm having a tough time losing weight.. I honestly feel like a botnetwatch is the only option.

Anybody else feel this way?

>fatty will have to run to the charger to look at the time very soon

No. Because a fucking watch wont change your attitude. Make a workout routine and stick with it. If you need a smartwatch to do that for you kill yourself asap.

If you can afford $10k for the Edition watch, chances are you’re just shrugging off that revelation.

Judging by the girl who took my order at Wendy’s the other day, everyone but me.

It fucking says something that the Apple watch is a piece of uggo trash, but it's literally the best smart watch manufactured today.

There's an entire market niche ready to be claimed, but Android War and FitBit OS are fucking trash and literally nobody gives a shit.

I have the LG G Watch non-R which I bought years ago and even then it was less than Apple watch is now. I don't even want some features like independent calling without a phone, I'm not going to call with it. It's just a watch for time and date and reading notifications, maybe answering some instant messaging but rarely. I could consider Apple watch if they didn't do the typical Apple shit way and lock it into their ecosystem. I'm not buying a gimped phone just so I can change my watch. It has to work with Android.

You know what doesn't get deprecated?

This guy is nearly 60 years old and still keeps amazing time.

Attached: zVintageSide-6.jpg (800x798, 47K)

I keep mind completely disconnected from my iPhone (via Airplane mode enabled on the watch, and bluetooth disabled on my phone)

They're surprisingly useful

That's because Apple fucking knows anybody who paid that price has paid for the bling & not the tech/workout features.

This kind of person will keep wanna spending money as they get bored & are loyal to the top brands. So they just need a motivator to hook them in, watchOS 5 may just serve that purpose.

>They're surprisingly useful
For what? Looking at the current time for 24 hours?

every normie and their father who wants to APPEAR relevant and IN wears an apple watch

underrated

Yeah, no. Fitness monitors rarely take into consideration a persons pre-existing health issues. Target heart rate monitoring is bullshit if you aren't health enough to hit it.

More over they are highly innaccurate.

Grandpa if you don't shut the fuck up about your watch we're throwing you in a home

This.
Nonsense.
You are probably just trying to procrastiante on the actual tough part by convincing yourself you have done something by buying the silly thing. It's like people who buy equipment and read magazines about running but never actually get to do it (yes I have seen that).
If you value your health just start moving. Running looks boring/waste of time, but when you do it it feels refreshing.

Attached: post dragon hugging a pillow.jpg (364x597, 29K)

you cannot
bin that watch m8

You can probably melt the gold, sell it and recover some of the cost.

Gold leaf isn't that expensive.
There's probably about $2 worth of gold on it. It'd cost you more to melt it off.

At that price i though it would be solid gold not just plated.

>$10000 for an Apple Watch edition

To play devil's advocate, anyone buying this stupid thing was probably not in it for upgradeability. It's a dumb fashion statement for dumb idiots.

What I'm interested in is how the value on these things is depreciating. If it's falling like a rock then that is a bit of an ass-fucking.

Attached: ascension.jpg (260x194, 14K)

>anyone who paid $10000 for an Apple Watch edition now has an obsolete model
I'm sure those who did don't give a fuck and would just upgrade.

kek

there is one on ebay

>no longer on warranty
>7900€ buy now (down from 13000€ purchase price with accessories according to the seller)

i bet you also jerked off to penny didn't ya

Boomers

>round computer display

Attached: 1487235720859.png (4000x3788, 616K)

ant the cases the same for the new apple watch thou? if you got a expensive apple watch you could just pay some one to transfer the new guts into your old shell.

apple knows about Chad

Attached: image_medium.jpg (133x165, 15K)

a $10 casio or your $50 chinkphone keeps better time though. that overprices swiss shit is nothing more than jewelry my man

>square watch display

Attached: 346256576589.jpg (600x462, 31K)

First Gen Apple watch was clearly a proof of concept device anyways with shite battery life and almost no functions. Anyone buying it would should know that. The apple watch edition, just like the others, never held value in what they can do (since thats almost nothing), but just as a fashion accessory and especially the edition, as a collectors items.

There is no reason to wear a watch anymore. Use reminders on your phone. Life is way more comfy now that I don't need to check the time every couple of minutes. You will never know how comfy I am until you join me.

>you mean i can't walkie talkie on my 24k gold apple watch?

Not just having a manservant carry your notes back and forth.

How plebeian.

Attached: Beauchamp7.jpg (600x975, 49K)

fat people and old people. Anyone who is actually athletic and cares for their health beyond meme consumer products does not need one to be fit

compared to the more significant downside of having to charge the thing every night, i'll take setting the time back a minute every 2 weeks

Get wrecked OP. you hype beast faggot. I'm not a /fa/ fag but you should have bought a real time piece, you know something that doesn't have a battery or one that can go years without needing replacement not 1 day use.

imagine being this pathetic

>I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Inspector Gadget in the early 1980s. Penny's "computer book" and watch were really cool back then and they still are. I'd totally buy Penny's smartwatch if it had the features shown in the original series. Applel watches are still pretty far away from being there, though.

Attached: NU U.jpg (387x437, 40K)

he's a retard that can't tell the difference between ionising and non ionising radiation.

>bought a first gen stainless steel for a ridiculously cheap price off some fag suffering buyers remorse, with the expensive milanese loop included
>still on watchos3 due to holding back ios version
I guess I don't care that it's getting superseded, I only use it to look at the time. I'll probably just buy a casio or rolex or some shit next.

How much was it?

Soya Lords

I got it for around 1/4 the new sale price at the time. So about $400 new zealand dollarydoos

This is true, also people who can't afford a real watch but will be judged for not wearing anything

An Apple watch is a poorfag's alternative to an adult watch, and in the "quirky" and "every day is casual Friday" modern professional environment people will not read into it if they see you wearing a $500 disposable twit toy that has to be chucked every 2 years instead of a Milgauss that will last a lifetime

This from an Android user who bought a phone last year but needs a new one to run Oreo.
Pathetic.

Unifag pajeet reporting in
Some of my classmates bought smart watches for the sole purpose of cheating in the exams. One guy uses an iWatch, the other uses the Motorola 360 (which looks fucking gorgeous desu)

lmao look at this gen x faggot go watch your pokemans and leave our superior western anime alone

Yeah just like all android wear got the oreo update

oh wait

>Asus ZenWatch 2
>Asus ZenWatch 3
>Fossil Q Founder
>Huawei Watch
>Huawei Watch Ladies
>LG G Watch R
>LG Watch Urbane
>LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE (including AT&T and Verizon versions)
>Motorola Moto 360 (2nd Gen.)
>Motorola Moto 360 Sport

All didn't get it

I saw a lot of hockey fans waiting outside to get into the arena with Apple watches. My guess is they had them so they could keep their phones in their pockets.

Employees who aren't allowed/able to check their phones also benefit from them.

Yeah the activity rings are great, if you complete them every day you’ll feel healthier pretty quick.

At least it got updates for YEARS, which is more than any android device can say. There are a large number of android devices out there still vulnerable to stage fright...

cahzeeohgang checking in

Attached: g-shock-gls-5600-urban.jpg (1000x667, 139K)