New EU regulation of the web

So what is this Euro regulation shit that's everywhere now?

A bunch of sites ban European IPs completely "because of the new complicated regulations"

Are web devs fucked now? Is this a conspiracy to get lawyers more work? What the fuck is going on?

Attached: 1499777326926.jpg (632x450, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/4/11/17225482/facebook-shadow-profiles-zuckerberg-congress-data-privacy
nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/03/technology/facebook-device-partners-users-friends-data.html
qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/
amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/05/23/amazon-aclu-police-google-military
wired.com/story/darpa-total-informatio-awareness/
webtransparency.cs.princeton.edu/webcensus/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/i-dont-care-about-cookies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look up GDPR and read you fuckwit. It's not hard to fucking understand what it's all about.

GDPR. Purpose is to give people more control over their personal data. Web devs aren't fucked now. What is going on is that EU is the first to make this law but you can bet that others will follow in time.

I wonder what that hobo was looking on his pc.
Does he even have internet or he was playing oregon trail?

Literally the only good thing about the EU

Not so fast. They also slipped in some bullshit where hosts are now responsible for copyrighted content

American trash sites block EU IPs instead of prompting a simple questionnaire about what you want your data used for.
Pathetic.

>A bunch of sites ban European IPs completely "because of the new complicated regulations"
Well they don't want to come out and say that their whole business model is based on violating your privacy and selling the resultant data to anyone who'll pay. It's only places that are doing that that have significant problems with GDPR.

Obviously dumpster diving while sniffing packets

Do you even recon bro?

He's coding the GNU+Linux kernal dumbass

i.e. USA last in protecting its citizens as usual.

Not GDPR, it's the planned copyright stuff that has that
Removal of roaming charges too

Is Jow Forums adhering to the new regulations BTW?

Attached: 1499277255071.jpg (347x410, 31K)

>Removal of roaming charges too

True

Hopefully not, just blocking all EU countries from accessing would be easier.

No, Hiro is a wanted criminal in over a dozen countries he doesn't give a shit.

They don't need government protections. The free market will naturally take care of the people.

Attached: 1401948554119.jpg (430x300, 25K)

>Is this a conspiracy to get lawyers more work?
if it's written by lawyers, it benefits lawyers

it's something designed exclusively to annoy and confuse you, user, and you alone. the entire EU is laughing at your putrid tiny brain's feeble attempts to understand the vast, vast engine that is whirring and generating in a way you will never be able to understand. we laugh at you and all you can do is screech and post pepe images on a garbage website ran by an idiot that was last relevant over a decade ago. you goddamn moron. you turd-huffer. you absolute buffoon. words fail to describe the contempt with which you are viewed by your fellow man. you exist only as absolute irrefutable proof of a absence of a loving god or comparable higher power in the cosmos

Probably.

Attached: rambunctious.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

based slavic spin doctor

>"because of the new complicated regulations"

It's literally just "don't be botnet."

because ISPs have done such a good job so far

Attached: 1495075110990.png (600x900, 537K)

It's garbage, the only "advantage" users gain is more trained fingers because websites add another popup you have to click away to access the content.

Fb, Google, etc will still fuck everyone's asses l, like they always did

Attached: 1485352824992.jpg (1800x1800, 280K)

>is the anonymous website adhering to the regulations when anonymous data isn't considered personal

this is the first step towards dismantling net neutrality. we're already seeing how badly it will effect people, but still no one gives enough of a fuck to do anything to stop it.

this is what your apathy gets you, you deserve this.

>this is the first step towards dismantling net neutrality. we're already seeing how badly it will effect people

Attached: ys5CsEoT_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30K)

you're literally retarded if you actually believe this.
I encourage you to actually read the regulations of GDPR. Companies can face massive fines (talking billions $) if they don't enforce strict data protection for their clients/customers. They're also obligated within 1 month to provide a detailed explanation of what data they have on you, why they have it, and if you've consented to any third parties accessing your data, they must have that information accounted for as well. They're also forced to delete your data if it's no longer relevant to their business needs.

Yes, companies will abuse this. Just like companies constantly find loopholes to exploit regulations. however, the GDPR actually puts a massive legal benefit into our individual hands instead of allowing us to continually get ass raped by corporations with zero accountability.

This is why so many US companies have shit the bed and literally blocked EU addresses, because they will get owned by the EU if they continually use EU citizen's data in the way that they have been.

Literally do your research and you'll understand why GDPR is actually a really good thing. Unless you simply love having corporations profit off of you without any liability.

Attached: ami.jpg (1000x1250, 98K)

Yeah!
As long as it doesn't save data that can connect a person to the data.
And since it deletes everything all the time its not a problem!

>Everyone ignores terms and services
>Everyone uplodes all their photos and interest
>No one cares about any type of anonymity
What? Companies uses my data?
They make money on it?!
I thought that facebook made money on other people... NOT ME!!

Time for the EU to step in!

Attached: wut.jpg (600x512, 94K)

>he thinks social media is the only relevant context
When you become an adult, you'll start to realize how third data trafficking can impact your net-worth thru insurance costs and, depending on your socioeconomic status, acceptance into certain institutions and job placement.

But you're right, if you're a pleb in a trailer park, you really don't have much to worry about

Attached: ab.jpg (2393x2026, 2.78M)

The GDPR is not the issue here, its that article 13 bullshit being hidden behind it.
A law that responsabilizes the websites for copyrighted content, including links to copyrighted content.

test

>Yay! Thank god the government is coming in to protext me because I have no idea how to use my own brain and not upload personal information.

I love how people just willingly accept more and more government regulation. Than blame Americans
>Oh, look Americans! Don't you want your government regulating the internet as well!

It is very easy to protect my information. Anyone who doesn't take their time to understand something shouldn't be using it.

Attached: images.jpg (276x183, 6K)

GDPR doesn't protect you, dipshit. It's for EU citizens only. Don't worry the US is still fucking you without consequence.

>fucking you without consequence

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

are you retarded. I was making fun how HOW europoors think Americans should want it as well.
Jeesh. With your level of intelligence no wonder the European government has to step in.

>be a citizen of a continent notorious for its government oppressing and murdering tens of millions of people
>still thinks some guy who just wants a bigger pool is a bigger threat
>willingly cedes more rights to said governments if it means mr. business man doesn't get his new pool installed

yuros are bred stupid, nothing else explains it.

/thread

>shilling this hard

Attached: 1526656814841.jpg (858x357, 42K)

I've never seen such an underated post

Attached: photo_2018-05-20_21-56-49.jpg (681x404, 33K)

That's a seperate thing, it's not related to GDPR

>because I have no idea how to use my own brain and not upload personal information.
>not upload personal information.
Google and Facebook trackers alone make up the crushing majority of online tracking, as more and more people use their service, mroe data they collect, and more powerful they become, see links and pic related
theverge.com/2018/4/11/17225482/facebook-shadow-profiles-zuckerberg-congress-data-privacy

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/03/technology/facebook-device-partners-users-friends-data.html

qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/

amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/05/23/amazon-aclu-police-google-military

wired.com/story/darpa-total-informatio-awareness/

Attached: Trackers.png (1152x367, 52K)

forgot to add sauce of the image
webtransparency.cs.princeton.edu/webcensus/

>responsabilizes

Attached: 92e.png (294x256, 197K)

>Europe is a continent
>you can be a citizen of Europe
>the EU is "Europe's government"
>the EU is notorious for murdering tens of millions of people
>the largest issue with businesses selling your info is that someone makes money off it
>I'm ceding my rights as a citizen to the government if the government protects me from my info being sold for profit between businesses, meaning my rights are only the same as a corporation's rights
I want to call you a shill, but I don't think anyone would hire someone as fucking stupid as you to shill for them.

you KNOW what he meant faggot

This comes as no surprise. Europeons love being nannied by their government. They let refugees have sex with their daughters and wives as "reparations for their bigotry" and a sign of good will. Honestly they shouldn't even be considered people.

>more trained fingers because websites add another popup you have to click away
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/i-dont-care-about-cookies/
This add-on has existed since 2014.

>we shouldn't have laws that protect people's rights because they don't mean anything in practice
Somewhat true in some cases, but nah, that's just way too edgy.

Not that user, but the other user may not necessarily know what he meant; that's why proper spelling is very important to successful communication between people.
themoreyouknow.jpg