Is the fucking worst program ever?

Is the fucking worst program ever?
>devs are dumb le reddit memers
>literally a fucking google bot net

Attached: 34524883_1817471284987260_2337617967543484416_n.jpg (960x960, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/discord.html
github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch/issues/975
reddit.com/r/privacy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice filename retard
Get a fucking clue

It sux

Clearly that makes it the worst program to ever exist even though it functions perfect. GOD YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HANG YOURSELF.

Just fuck off.

>changelogs are just a bunch of gay memes
>hogs RAM even more than Skype
>does absolutely nothing more than Skype
>took off only because MUH GAYMEZ

Attached: nu-male discord.gif (800x400, 40K)

Go back to re.ddit

Discord is for kids and kiddults

Think about all the other IM programs with memory leaks, adware, and malware. Now hang yourself.

you can't individually set the volume for each person in the channel in Skype

Don't forget the most important reason:
stallman.org/discord.html
Pic related was born for you

Attached: 1526911231371.jpg (1021x750, 167K)

>communities that have been using irc for decades suddenly move to discord
Why?

Go look up the definition of "worst" faggot

it just werx

It's a necessary evil. Sadly if you want to keep updated with some gaming communities (and even non-gaming related, just watch any fucking subreddit) you need to use that. But who cares, in the end they'd botnet you anyway.

That doesn't exist on Skype because it isn't an issue for anyone using Skype. That is only a discord feature because of all the loud, obnoxious gamer kids who scream in their mics to try to replicate their favorite youtubers in an attempt to be "funny".

github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch/issues/975
Neofetch, the most important tool on Jow Forums, now has a discord server. We can't win anymore, they hit us where it hurts more. And Dylan also predicted GitHub's future with MS. Let's just surrender.

Do you even use discord/skype with random stranger kids? I just use them with my friends, who gives two shits about listening to my "party members"

timehog

>took off only because MUH GAYMEZ
No, you boomer, it took off because Skype was starting to serve ads that would literally install malware onto your computer. Also, a majority of the userbase absolutely hates the gaymer stuff embedded into it such as the loading screen lines, but Discord doesn't give a shit.

Attached: 1526865795682.jpg (2048x1618, 389K)

i will never understand how this piece of shit got so popular. i guess it's because irc was too hard or too primitive for people

either way, i hope this garbage dies in the next 5 or so years. this shit is full botnet tier

I don't use Discord, nor do I use Skype to talk to my friends, because I have none.

yea it todaly a botnet n muh freedums r violated

Did you have a stroke while typing this user?

no i had it while reading this thread

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/

Attached: 1526078534530.gif (500x493, 631K)

reddit.com/r/privacy/

If you gonna use it, atleast run it isolated in a jail. Firejail is pretty good for that

i joined a discord and then people from the discord started showing up on my kikebook recommendations

information sharing has gone too far

i like using it

fuh q

I use it because I have people and communities I like to keep in contact with on there. I'd get rid of a lot of things if I didn't have to worry about that.

lmao wtf really? thats super cringey if true

it's true and i don't even use the same email address for both accounts, so i'm guessing they fingerprint your computer and try to guess that you're the same person to give you those relevant friend suggestions

fpbp

My IRC clients never have these problems

Then why the fuck did you even bother posting you triple nigger

Cuz u hb nun

Attached: 1511796055019.png (245x206, 6K)

It's not a botnet if it thinks you're an anime girl.

Attached: lel.jpg (554x310, 40K)

>BetterDiscord fixed most of the shitty ui and allow customozation
>recent updates make BetterDiscord unusable
Agreed

Skypes sound quality was so bad I switched to Discord. Works ok for me, but the only feature I use are the voice calls.

Skype us gay as shit and doesnt work for most of the time
And skype jews all my fucking ram so i guess ill keep using discord

>>literally a fucking google bot net
>posts on a forum that requires solving a google botnet

It's still the best one for gaming chat platform.

Large groups on Skype are fucking dumb. Throwing a picture in just send it to everyone, individually. Even if you don't save the images, Skype automatically downloads their thumbnails without your approval and stores them on your hard drive. Even if you don't accept that CP transfer, you are now possessing CP.
Other than that, group calls were broken to all hell one exceeding a certain number of participants. Ads. Update procedure that has "set Bing as my default" checked-by-default check box. Horrendous mobile application and overall interface.
Only thing I'll give Skype credit for is fixing text direction when mixing language that go different directions. Discord still does only LTR on desktop, though mobile seems fine.

this post reeks of onions

sheeple

It's alright. If the devs bother you so much you won't use it I think you have a problem.

Discord "hype squad" shills are here, that was fast.

I thought it was clear that they policy is not allow ANY third party intervention.

Attached: khyperia weechat-discord.png (980x295, 29K)

Skype died because of M$, this is program that took it's place not because of MUH GAYMEN

not any of those guys but i'm in hypesquad and i fucking hate discord

I'm not defending dicksword faggot, obviously them selling your data to the highest bidder is bullshit but it sure isn't the "worst program ever"

how dare you calling discord shit

its the best skype-like program to ever exist!

goddamn u so stupid ;)

do they pay you or something?
I could make a few threads on Jow Forums and talk shit on reddit

>having a facebook account
>complaining about botnets

TFW DISCORD...

has been right.

Attached: Discord_wearing_3D_glasses_S4E02.png (1280x720, 543K)

Discord is a de-facto right now.
If you want to communicate with just about anyone outside of hypernormie circles that'd use whatsapp or hyperneckbeard types that'd use IRC, it's the standard.

It's probably a data mining machine, but it works as a messaging platform until someone makes something better.
It succeeded skype, and one day something else will take over as the de facto chat system.

>tfw used it since 2015
>tfw see the devs derail efforts of trying to make something decent in favor of pandering to the normalfags who just want to be le hipster xD

>some niche gamer VoIP
>the standard
D E L U S I O N A L

Attached: 1526131619270.jpg (616x558, 83K)

its just IRC + VC with a GUI
the fact that isn't open source and doesn't allow you to host your own servers makes it redundant

>90 million users
>niche

do you know what niche mean user?

ah yes, hello US friend

Attached: discord.png (500x296, 43K)

epic. let's play some fortnite. i have half an hour left, my mom says I can't play longer than 2 hours a day

Attached: discord-fs8.png (573x338, 6K)

I'm in the UK
it's still standard here. Literally nobody uses skype apart from 50yr old business types.

What I do not understand is why communities that have never used any voice chat in past (and have no need in it) suddenly started to "Hey, we now have discord server!". Can you imagine that a site that posts news, for example, would start to invite users to join their skype group or something? Are they getting money for inviting people to discord?

Your arguments are invalid but I would say that it is a shitty program because they still didn't fixed the wmi errors that happen every single minute.

>astolfo
lmao

underage discordfags want to make discord "servers" for any interest they have so they can just look at discord. making one for your site before someone else does keeps you in control of moderation, as well as making you look hip and cool to the fellow cool kids.

>devs are dumb le reddit memers
what's the chance a woman is responsible for that shit on startup?

>muh freedumbs
la creatura....

>It's a necessary evil.
It's unnecessary evil, literally herd mentality in full swing. Some dumbfuck redditors decide to start using crapware and most other users just conform while the 3 individuals who have evolved the ability to think for themselves don't conform.

More backdoors than I could count lmao

just like ur mom haha

My god man this sub is so contrarian and tries so hard.

Discord has worked perfectly fine for me what other service am I supposed to use.

I even used it for a dev project at College as opposed to google hangouts + texting.

>connected to the internet and is not a botnet
what are you fucking stupid? you dont need to write it its obvious that every software on internet is botnet and crypto miners

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 69K)

> unironically linking RMS ramblings.

>be me
>use teamspeak with group
>suddenly alot of them want to use skype.
>they returned in a year.
>suddenly curse(c) voice(tm) was hot.
>they all returned in a month.
>last year discord was the best thing!
>they all returned in half a year.

when is the software going to arrive which finally removes the normies from my teamspeak server?

Attached: 1527014573792.png (396x462, 58K)

Ausfag here, I haven't used Skype in 10 years. Everybody used Teamspeak (with the exception of a few on Mumble) before switching to Discord.
Skype was a replacement for MSN for a while but didn't catch on entirely well, at least from my experience.

the salt it makes is insane
>Every admin gets triggered by my mundane jokes (by my standards) always kicks or bans me
>finally spills into real life multiple times
>cops get called (on me) despite me not actually doing anything besides taking the piss
Fuck sake gen xyz have become such snowflakes like jesus christ growing up in msn chat and yahoo pedos and this shithole back in the mid-early 00's aint got shit on discords bullshit
t. 28 year old boomer

Attached: file.png (312x238, 69K)

why dont u save yourself

they are robots, theyll lock you up, they dont care

Just be happy you can just stop using that shit anytime the community is aweful but its good for containment.
nah its the opposite im the most normal cunt in there (power level wise i can contain my shit the most) i just cant stand excess salt so when these cunts spill shit over irl and start to show up at my house/work stalk me make me delete and nuke everything social i get the shits and tell them to fuck off and they stupidly just keep amping up until i drag their ass into court and or cops

Attached: $_20 (1).jpg (450x600, 53K)

Real shit nigga
Post proof

Discord is great if you are 12 and like to talk about the newest pewdiepie videos

>be me
>normies
uh huh

>Blocking tutanota
Clearly the worst program ever

I only use it to talk to IRL friends, not part of any of those faggy 'communities' (seriously, how hard is it just to make friends?)
We used to use Skype before. Skype was shit, everyone knows that (call quality, host drops, etc.), and Discord just so happened to be the next best alternative. Sure teamspeak and similar are available, but they cost money to host servers right?

>but they cost money to host servers right?
no but discord is better for voicechat

>ltt discord still wants mobile auth
nope fuck that shit

I tried Tox a couple of weeks ago and talked to a friend for a bit. It then crashed while idling. I didn't even get to try all of the features before uninstalling it due to qTox/uTox both being unstable garbage. Such a promising idea, too; I don't know what I expected out of a Vietnamese autism support forum.

>use discord
>server gets banned
GEE THANKS

On another note, Discord is going to run out of money. If they don't run ads (and they won't), they won't be able to stay afloat, especially with their garbage interface. If they redesigned a version of it to look more professional and sold enterprise/business licenses, they'd make a fucking killing. This "Discord Nitro" crap just isn't going to cut it. Sticker pack sales do not generate sufficient revenue to support 90 million users on a centralized VoIP platform.

>discord server
>server
"""""server"""""

I sure hope so.

Am I missing something?

Can't I just run discord in a web browser in private/incognito mode?

I mean you can't be sure that they aren't selling info related to what you post, but that was true of any online service.

>And skype jews all my fucking ram so i guess ill keep using the only one that's even worse

Attached: brainlet11.png (498x467, 16K)

It looks nice

I don't know about botnet meme but it's literally better than everything that I have used before including skype, mumble and teamspeak and not only that I can use it to find ecchi

Attached: 1524070802958.png (500x593, 380K)

>Had to use Discord because my friends are "le hackerz so 1337 skype is shit xDD" autists
>Microphone is recognized and Discord detects my voice but no one hears me
>After an hour of trying everything, one of my friends creates a new server
>Now it works, but everyone has a shitty sound
>For some magic reason it still doesn't work on any other server

Never had any issue with Skype or Teamspeak. Discord is shit. Not to mention the devs.

>If they don't run ads (and they won't)
I'm sure they will. Just give it some time. They've chosen a "social network" way after all.
Also, I can't believe that Nitro crap works in a first place. It's beyond retarded to pay for stickers/gifs/avatars/whatever when you can spend this money for renting actual TeamSpeak or Mumble server.

>you can't be sure that they aren't selling info related to what you post
Is that too much to ask? All I want is to chat with another person. I don't want to constantly remind myself not to send accidentally any postal address or phone number or email. Even without that, knowledge that all you've typed will be used fuck you in some way is not a pleasuring thing.

Had a similar issue. Something with connectivity to their server (a real server that client chooses to connect, not a ""discord server"").

After this I've just banned all their domains on my home router. So now I do not need to search for working server. I know for sure that there is no one.