/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Nokia 8 Sirocco.jpg (660x631, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BBMobile/status/999682125304684544?s=19
youtu.be/4Y5vBB0aLrg
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbb7jpwgI0
mysmartprice.com/gear/2018/06/05/lenovo-z5-launch-event-starts-watch-live-streaming-live-updates/
youtube.com/watch?v=oD_3wMh5kLg&t=13s
forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>nokia

>brand

Which phone has the best camera these days? I got this here Nokia because the camera seemed similar to that in my old Lumia, but it turned out to be a huge disappointment.
So I think I'll return it and get something else, but what should I get instead?

Everything else being secondary, the camera is the most important to me. Must be able to shoot in raw, though I don't care at all about dual lens features. I want good picture quality and that's it.

Pic related, hastily taken photo from my Lumia, this is the absolute minimum I expect from the camera.

None of them, it's a Nokia 8 Sirocco. Which I think I am going to return, because the camera is a fucking deal breaker.

Attached: WP_20180425_17_06_00_Rich.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

No notch.

A bit overpriced for a device that runs on a 2017 SoC.

Pixel series.

Can you install Gcam app on that thing?

You can, I doubt you can shoot in raw though using gcam app though.

I just want a reissued Note 4 with updated internals, is that too much to ask

Seriously? What I've seen of the Pixel series doesn't exactly look great either, and most certainly not a step in the right direction from my 950. Can you provide a sample or two?

I'm not sure, do you have a link to it? I couldn't find it on the Play store, and the apk I found on apkmirror crashes when trying to open the app.

Attached: WP_20180510_07_11_07_Raw__highres.jpg (5344x3008, 3.04M)

Any point in getting Blackberry and their 2nd rate hardware at flagship prices?

It would still give you better pictures compared to the stock camera app

Anyone has experience with refubrished phones?
I also want to get a phone with a great camera and i thought that refubrished will save me some money.

Security and keyboard, but other than that no. It for the fans

Nokia 6.1 or Sony XA2 if they're the same price?

Here, have another
Burdy shir s9+ unrootable. Lel'd cos u says clueless about rooting, yet wanna make first attempt on >$800 device. It's not rocket surgery, but demands a litlle intelligence, focus and skill.
>b-but just install rootytootygoturbooty.apk for a best guise
Enjoy being blue-pilled out in the chinknet for ∞
>What manufacturers are doing now is increasing the efficiency of phones.
Wat did he mean by this?

Z5 soon, get ready for the chin

Nokia

twitter.com/BBMobile/status/999682125304684544?s=19

Two more days

Attached: IMG_20180330_131850.jpg (1152x2048, 504K)

any particularly good smrtphones for around 00 bucks? is the xiaomi redmi 5 good?

it's a chink phone, which means the announcement for the Lenovo Z5 must be very soon for us first-world westerners, right?
>inb4 chin
>inb4 less than 95% screen
>inb4 4tb
>inb4 cannot standby for 45 consecutive days

Here is a $00 plan within your pricerange. hope this helps

Attached: iphone-x-offer-best-buy.png (683x388, 70K)

100*

My oneplus one finally died and I'm in need of a new phone, only ever used it for web browsing, sudoku and the occasional dog photo.

Redmi 5
Op6 /5t

I ended up going with the LG G7 after some research anyway, but I did look into s9 rooting before that and there seemed to be some options. hopefully some turn up for the G7 eventually too.

*scans your media at 100% load*

Attached: 1527925658676.gif (384x269, 60K)

My girlfriend's got the 950 and I have an HTC10 and our photos are pretty much of equal quality. She gets better color accuracy in the dark and I get sharper images (generally). Selfie cam on the HTC is miles better though. Anyways, no idea if the new HTCs have good cameras too but one of the reasons I chose the 10 was because it was the best ranked that year by DxOMark.

Tfw there will never be a bezel meme Sony xperia xz1c with a headphone jack and a 5" screen in a xz1c blueprint.. Guess I'm using this thing till the day I die lads. Xz2c is a abortion personified

The front facing camera is fairly irrelevant, though I don't think I'd want to go with HTC if it can be avoided regardless due to past experience with them.

I did find a gcam port which helps image quality on the Sirocco a lot, but it seems to be a buggy mess not saving photos properly half the time. Pic related, from the Sirocco using gcam. This is pretty solid I'd say. Raws come out with fucked up settings by default as well for some reason, but Photoshop takes care of it by hitting the auto buttons.

Attached: BURST20180605070951200.jpg (4016x2252, 1.65M)

So is the G5 Plus being skipped and left out missing out on Oreo? I'm going to be legit pissed forever if G5 Plus owners/users are being ditched

Attached: 28e.jpg (1294x1230, 127K)

You need a specific apk for it, go to your devices xda and looo for it in applications and themes section. I installed gcam on my Nokia 7 Plus and it improved the quality

ANDROID P DP3 WHEN

Lenovo Zuk Z5 launch in 12 minutes
youtu.be/4Y5vBB0aLrg (not sure if the link it legit)

*FIH Mobile

Looking at DxOMark it looks like the top rank is the P20 Pro followed by the U12+ so I guess HTC is still doing well with cameras. What was your HTC-related problem?

Pixel 2
1/3

Attached: IMG_20180228_142006.jpg (2500x1875, 2.62M)

2/3

Attached: IMG_20180301_142100.jpg (4032x3024, 1.29M)

3/3

Attached: IMG_20180512_132718.jpg (4032x3024, 3.75M)

Dropped my redmi note 4 and the screen shattered. Now Im looking at a new phone in the sub €200(2000sek) department.
Ive been looking at Nokia 6 or Motorola G6 but which one of these is the best. Might go qith another chink phone like note 5 or mi a1 but i get the feeling that thr chinkphones screens are eqsy to break since thats how both my note 3 and 4 went.
Any suggestions?

Attached: 1522270388078.png (453x398, 283K)

Buy a tempered glass and don't drop the phone

Both times theyv have slipped out my pocket down on concrete/stone slabs. and yeah i have a screen protector.

CGA (consumer guarantees act) says you can return anything for full refund (not store credit, please don't fall for the trap) if the item is defective and you didn't misuse it, and the item is expected to last longer than what you used it for. This applies to services as well.

So bring it in, with your proof of purchase and demand a full refund.

No specific apk for the Nokia 8 Sirocco as of yet, but I decided to try out GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7beta-test-9.apk from celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/ since they suggested trying that if the other one from the same developer had issues.
This one seems to work fine, only issue is that RAWs still come out with fucked up settings. Photoshop fixes that in a jiffy with the auto buttons though, and it saves files as it should.

Pic related, from the Sirocco with that beta gcam intended for another phone.

Mostly software related, as well as a friend of mine having nothing but problems with his M8.
I realise that custom ROMs exist, but I'd really rather save myself the trouble.

Thanks, seems in line with what I had seen previously, plagued by the usual oil painting issue from going too hard on the noise reduction.

Attached: BURST20180605074208480.jpg (4016x2252, 2.12M)

Get better pockets, or don't put it in your jean pockets.

With the latest WWDC is there even anymore doubt that Apple is the forerunner of smartphone innovations?

Do fujoshits even buy smartphones?

youtube.com/watch?v=ALbb7jpwgI0

i have an lg v20. Is there any phone with a removable battery that can replace it?

Chink shit even?

I want the highest specs available with a removable battery. I think the lg v20 is the highest, but i'm not 100% sure.

Goys I saw this thicc bespectacled bird with cut out stockings on the train today and she had a xz premium and was like waving her phone around probably so I could see the Mr robot sticker on the back of it

H-h-hahaaaa this doesn't mean anything does it?

Forgot pic

Attached: DSC_0115~01.jpg (5495x2099, 2M)

ever heard of honey dicking??

Guys, redpill me on Honor 10.
I`ve been thinking between it and Nokia 7 plus. I can see benefits of Nokia, but tempted by glass wonder with higher specs, yet there is that shitty scanner, dull display. Has anyone bought this phone to tell IRL experience?
Also, would like to hear from Nokia 7 Plus users about theirs.

>what is rom

She wants the d

I was deciding between the 7 Plus and the Honor 9 2 days ago, close call but I got the Nokia. From my perspective you should get the Honor, but first see if they'll let you unlock the bootloader(if you don't wanna be stuck on EMUI forever).

I'm a nokia 6.1 user and the display is quite op according to me don't get a skinned android phones they're cancer

The Z5 has a notch, I'm laffin

all that hype and its come with a notch

Well, EMUI is ok... But Dev community for Huawei is not so bog, as I heard. And why you advise on Honor? Is it something that you dislike about Nokia?
Yup, Nokia 6.1 looks tasty for the price, but I need longer lasting battery and better camera. And I`m with you on the bloated OS, but that is the least of the problems. I`ll guess worth checking on that bootloader unlock that user suggested.

I dislike the size, you can't use it with one hand(Honor 9 had an advantage there, dunno about the 10). Judging by the reviews, the 10 is great, but you won't make an error either way.

Well in regards to HTC's software, since the 10 they use essentially stock Android, with pretty much the lightest touches compared to the other OEMs. My 10 has worked fine for the past almost two years, especially after I replaced the battery a few months ago. Not trying to sound like a salesman but I really like my phone lol

i got 1000$ to buy a phone that will last me for 3 years. its a gift so i am not going to but a cheap chink phone because i wont get the change.
The most important thing for me is a battery that i can heavily use for an entire day without having to worry about it.
Headphone jack is preferred but not required and i dont really care about a notch

Isn't the Lenovo Z5 reveal supposed to be going on right now? How come there are no news about it?

What is the Android Equivalent of the iPhone SE.

Trying to convince someone to not catch aids.

mysmartprice.com/gear/2018/06/05/lenovo-z5-launch-event-starts-watch-live-streaming-live-updates/

It's okay for the price, but everything they said in the past month was a lie.

that makes me sad aye

the newest compact sony xperia

>Buys IBM and Motorola
>blatantly lies like this

It's a Chinese century, the future looks bright

Pics?

Attached: 0290a92f-76ef-4c96-ac5c-f2011601724b.jpg (1080x1920, 674K)

List me some compact cheap phones. Don't care if it has headphone jack or not. Oled display is a plus.

Well, I believe that those 4mm are doing the trick, and Nokia is longer tho too.
But how is overall usage? Anything bad to point out?

Well, sometimes I don't get the notification as if all the apps are hibernated, I tried adjusting the battery optimization settings but I'm too dumb I guess. Apart from that, a very premium experience in every way.

>Normal ass battery
>Not even some software trickery to extend the life of the battery
>Just a normal fucking battery
How is it ok to lie like this? I get they tried to make bold claims to get publicity but doing nothing to make their claims at least partly true or true in spirit. It just looks like another mid range phone.

notchlets BTFO

Attached: LG V35 ThinQ.jpg (1013x856, 105K)

Hows the screen?

Free bootloops for this gentleman. Hats off.

>*bootloops*

>chinny chin chin

What a disappointment
Guess I will wait till next week to see what Vivo has to offer before I get a new phone.

S P E C S ?
P
E
C
S
?

>teleports behind you
>bootloops

Nothing Personal Nochlets

Snapdragon 636

Attached: s_b43dd48237024b9b8ae9b34ac83f9fcc.jpg (600x450, 145K)

DISAPPOINTED!

They are trying to.say how revolutionarily small their notch is

Attached: s_4a886c192ec34863b4f8e407fd06f867.jpg (600x450, 115K)

Thanks

But now I wonder: Where are the guys who were shilling for this bullshit device last few days?

In Lenovo headquarter probably celebrating the amount of attention they grabbed, probably

Who /stillwaitingfororeo/ here?

Attached: moto_g5_plus_13 (1).jpg (2000x1125, 162K)

Heh

I'm still using a phone running Android Lollipop, ZTE Blade V6 that is

Fast enough for what I use it for

>guys look how small our notch is, even though it doesn't matter since it's a dedicated notification area 99% of the time.

S9 seems to be the best all-rounder as of today but the Pixel 2 does have an edge in low-light situations.

youtube.com/watch?v=oD_3wMh5kLg&t=13s

>Chinks lied
I'm not surprised

cute kitty

I don't want to dick around with that, especially since it doesn't have 'official' Lineage support and only XDA pajeet roms

>muh pajeet
Just what is it with you people? Why does it even matter what the nationality of developers is or could be if unofficial ROMs are working as they should?
forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/development
Official RR, crDroid and AICP ROMs are available.

I'm on a tight budget right now, around 100-150usd, I'll use the phone for little gaming and photos and the usual music sms and browsing. Is the xiaomi note 4 good? The battery looks promising.

What's the verdict on the Essential Phone currently after the software updates it has gotten and how would it stack up against my current phone, a Droid Turbo? It seems like a good choice right now.

What about the Redmi 5 plus?

Xiaomi Note4X or 5 Plus if you can get that
If you can't then you could find a Moto G5 Plus for around that money

>Lenovo Z5 has a chin AND a notch
>Doesn't have 4TB internal storage
>won't get 45 days of standby
Explain yourself, Lenovo shill