>2018
>most of developers are shitty webdevs who can only use Electron
>every program you run requires at least 1GiB of RAM because shitty developers use Electron
>minority of developers who can actually use a programming language don't know shit about what they're doing resulting in programs even worse than webdevs mentioned

:(

Attached: 1528165077938.jpg (1600x1200, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

luolasto.org/m/6901
josephg.com/blog/electron-is-flash-for-the-desktop/
proton-native.js.org/
medium.com/javascript-scene/composing-software-an-introduction-27b72500d6ea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I started learning programming around 2011-2012 if I knew this is where things would go probably wouldnt even bother. Unless you have a phd you're just gonna be a javascript css bro

I refuse to become a shitty webdev, I'll fight my way through this shit

I just heard of Electron today, looks pretty cool.

Yeah me neither. I've invested way too much time in this bs at this point. But I dont really mind backend web dev. I just refuse to touch any html or css javascript

It's a RAM eating piece of shit because it's a chrome window without tabs at the top. It even has inspect element. If you want to join horde of retarded webdevs who aren't made for shit then go for it.
Same here, backend can be a challange especially when it comes to security

Agreed with y'all. I knew how to do front-end shit before starting my degree, would be a waste of my talents to do that as a job.
Back-end has been alright though, just started messing around with node and it's fun.

I'm not sure if you're right about Electron, though. VS Code is written in it, right? That's a super nice app.

Stop using GUI programs
luolasto.org/m/6901

Attached: CIA.png (208x129, 6K)

good thread

is embedded dev a way to avoid this if I lack the dedication and will for academic career?

>being poor

lmao?

angular is pretty comfy, why to even bother with 'real' programming

Whats the problem with Electron.

Yes honey you are so smart

josephg.com/blog/electron-is-flash-for-the-desktop/

I see hacker news has arrived

my oneplus 5 has more RAM than you have aids

I use CLI for most of the things, GUI is slow for navigation most of the time
Thanks
You can avoid it by pure determination boi(also irrational hate would help as well)
>requiring more RAM instead of developing lighter and more efficient software
Lmao?
>Why would I not use a JS web framework instead of a language used for developing software when mentioned framework is easy enough for my autism to digest
I certainly am
Probably, yes

Because all you faggot believe that embedded is for looser. If any fucking webdev had a course on true programation of computer and not shitty high level language for faggot who can't memory use, you will see that your shit piece of hardware would work fine. I swear, the moment that this piece of shit of full software "computer scientist" that never fucking learn of how work their computer hit the workmarket, ALL fucking software turn to total shit. YOu bunch of fucking software high level faggot are part of the problem. All is your fault because you refuse to learn math and apply some fucking effort in your work, all of you send the workload on others "lol make faster hardware" Well if you stop using java and other fucking language who triple memory use for each octet, you wouldn't need all this ram. Also stop this "design" making program, they suck and use memory for nothing.

You either misunderstood my post or you tagged the wrong guy. My favourite "programming" language is C actually. Assembly isn't bad either but it's not really a programming language(at least I don't consider it one). I would like for webdev to die in total and everyone should be taught lower level languages and higher level languages should be deprecated. People who want to learn and aren't brainlets already know at least one programming language(lower level one) well. Others are the reason for the shitty software, those people who say "Electron is easy and therefore it should be used". They don't care about limitations and just want everything served to them.

>avoid it by by pure determination
collaborate, I don't get you
>irrational hate would help
I have lots of irrational hate, that could mean potential

How deep can you go in the webdev field? What the fuck do you do once the backend is mastered?
Big data, AI...?

By just thinking of people who do it as lower beings and looking down on them, you'll kinda push yourself away from it and hopefully avoid it. Don't apply for jobs that involve it and don't take classes of those. If you are forced to do it in uni for example, you can think of it as some sort of torture and blacklist it from your mind.
Well depends on what you're making, I advise to stay away from webdev but you are free to go for what you like.

>writing good software requires math

Attached: 1528103372654.jpg (645x729, 49K)

tell us about your "isEven" function in java user.

>Uhhh it's not like computers work using math

Attached: wojak2.png (645x729, 75K)

But electron is fast, look at vscode and discord. Extremely fast and reliable apps.

Just learn Java and be good at backend Systems Engineering.

Ironically, the innumeratefag posts the brainlet image here.

>chat program requires a CPU far above 100 MHz
>Extremely fast

Attached: 1526650747866.gif (413x243, 51K)

>But electron is fast, look at vscode and discord. Extremely fast and reliable apps.

t. Botnet enthusiast

>program runs fast on overpowered machines of today's time, so therefore. it's optimal and very good!

Attached: 1522522690726.png (645x729, 58K)

It's modern chat and not shitty no functional chat like irc/jabber/etc.
Other chats with similar functional(skype, messenger, telegram, viber) pretty slow and laggy.

Mumble does voice chat just fine on a 200 MHz Pentium 3.

Also since electron now owned by microsoft i can tell you it will shine. And if you do not want to use electron you still can go with proton-native.js.org/ which uses libui (written in pure C) under the hood.

>doing webdev
No thanks, I made this thread with hate for webdev in the back of my mind. I hate JS even more than webdev in total.

Great blog

>computers do pointer arithmetic
>therefore programming and math go hand in hand

Attached: 1527534509292.jpg (500x500, 45K)

Now with WASM being adopted webdev can be done not only by js, but with c++ or rust.
And you also can use any lang that can compile to js, like dart, closure, elm or even oCaml.
Only n00bs ignore web nowdays, since all bleeding edge technology is there.

i swear this board is fucking full of morons
there are plenty of great developers...

>not understanding that anything computer does is mathematics under the sheets
>you aren't able to do anything that's not a webdev
Nice sarcasm mate, amount of good developers decreased significantly since 90's

>you aren't able to do anything that's not a webdev
Almost all this tools i mentioned can be used to compile native code. Without electron or nodejs.

>javascript css bro
What's wrong with that?
With knowledge you can learn every other language.
You faggots are so entitled and elitist.

No, that's all cool, webdev is stepping up its game, I may even get interested, but you seem like a webdev only pleb who believes everything out of webdev is retarded.
>if you are able to use markup language that's almost English, you will be able to think logically and solve real problems in programming world

>He doesn't prove his program
>He doesn't optimize for minimun calcul time
>He doesn't make bit arithmetic for maximun memory use

So, how is that 1Gib Ram for your text editor?

There is nothing wrong with full stack javascript.

It's possible, but the fact that it's possible is simply unbelievable and makes me lose hope for developer world. Javascript is one of the worst languages that became popular for some reason and it started getting used for a lot of things from front-end webpages to Electron apps and similar shit. Currently, there exists a reason to use it, but there wasn't a single reason for it to get popular. Mentally disabled people saw something in it and started working on it making it the most used language even though it's still horrible.

Either Chinese or pajeet
Which one?

>fizzbuzzer thinks he knows anything about writing software

But he's right though.

>Javascript is one of the worst languages
Can you explain what's bad about js except dynamic typing(this issue already solved by typescript)?

Dynamic typing is the worst trait of it, it's so stupidly invented that I can't describe it. If you take out dynamic typing, we are left with C like syntax and some web features(more like pre-defined functions). So we've got scripting C, how lovely, I would use Python over that shit any time of the day. I love C but not for the syntax, but rather for how it works.

> Javascript is one of the worst languages that became popular for some reason

Wow, what a succinct and reasoned analysis of the rise of Javascript. I can see why you get so frustrated with the less intelligent, friend.

>Dynamic typing
What's wrong with it?

Most of the time they never explain a real reason what is bad about js.
I hate people in tech industry most of them have sheep mentality and irony they feel they are unique elitist hacker special snowflake.

It is easy to spot them when they use a thinkpad with stickers.

I think you have not seen modern js. Python3 was 10 years ago and there are still ppl who using python2. And 10years old js and modern js are two different languages. JS now more like functional version of C# you can read this good articles to see how ppl using js today: medium.com/javascript-scene/composing-software-an-introduction-27b72500d6ea

>I can't describe it because feels tells me that Javascript is bad language and everyone I know says the same so that is bad about JS.

More error possibilities, no IDE features, less self documenting code.

He's right, though. There is no reason why a shitty language like Java became so popular.

>make a Web app
>make it not run on Web or mobile platforms
>get the worst of both worlds
Electron logic

Guys, dynamic typing and garbage collection were developed to deal with the problem that *developer time is expensive*. This was bound to happen from the moment general use computers were fast enough to deal with the overheads involved.

The "brainlet" argument doesn't fly, btw. Some of the smartest fuckers I know (PhDs in STEM roles) use high level shit like Python in the main, and only optimise in C where it's necessary. They divide their resources intelligently so they can apply more focus on solving the problems they're hired to solve instead of micro-optimising.

I changed job. Now I write policies, wear a suit, explain shit and shake hands for 3 times my initial salary.

Studying Comp Sci was awsome, really, it was.
Working as a developer was soul crushing, boring and stupid. It's really an iq89 job.
Being a consultant in security management is good but still... I wish programming wasn't shit

Can you tell me what is non shitty language to use?

I am learning programming right now.

There's a reason to use JS today, but I consider people retarded for even working on it
Most of people actually disagree with me.

> Java

WINK

oh look, webshits reinvented wheel again

Java

Try C

Every language has different approaches and applications.

Since you're starting to learn:

If you don't mind jumping in at the deep end and want to learn about shit like low-level memory management, start with C (or C++ which has a larger featureset)

If memory management seems a bit much but you still want static typing, solid debugging and to learn something used throughout enterprise, start with Java or C#

If you just want to get the jist of development to start with - problem solving, program flow, data manipulation - then start with Python or Ruby, as both are very readable and learning resources tend to be friendlier

> jist

Oh gesus what's wronj with me

Java =/ javascript.
Javascript shouldn't even have the word java in its name desu.

That's nice dear, I'm proud of you. Have you cleaned up your room like I asked you to

then be a good webdev. I got a degree in mathematics and I work as a wevdev. My "supervisor" gives no fucks about his work and is pretty shitty at what he does.
I feel like I might be replacing him in the near future.

I'm literally about to join a soft. engineering uni, what's should be my biggest concern?