Be Canadian

>Be Canadian
>Look at your watch
>Get fined

When will the smartwatch meme die? Really what is the purpose of a smartwatch when you can't use it for its primary purpose of telling the time? I tried an Android wear watch for a week and it did nothing of any real value.

Attached: IMG_20180605_122013.jpg (1080x1453, 293K)

Good

My life may be bad but hey at least I dont live in Canada.

>I tried an Android wear watch for a week and it did nothing of any real value.
No shit. Those are for people who actually leave their house and do shit like exercise.

waiting at lights on foot or as a driver?
my initial assumption was 'on foot', since any car has a clock visible somewhere, so there'd be no need to look at a wristwatch while driving

This
My Mi Band 2 has been the most useful purchase I've done in quite some time. It's been tracking every part of my exercise and I know exactly after each run / football match when and what I did wrong in terms of tempo and heart rate

>looked down multiple times
>did not move when light went green
>office shined a light into vehicle then she started moving

Hence distracted driving fine

Ive got a family history of heart problems so I'm waiting for Omron to release their smartwatch wherein the band is inflatable and the watch acts as a passive blood pressure monitor.

well there you go, it doesn't even matter what she was using, this proves distraction just in general

Anything that distracts you from driving will incur a fine/warning if an officer sees you doing it.

Doubly so if you are a dumbass student because they top road accident charts due to inexperience

Meanwhile, the newest Ford Fiesta is still street legal, despite having one of the shittiest control schemes for onboard electronics that I have ever seen.
It's a fucking touchscreen, angled in a way that makes it easier to reach with your arm but really fucking hard to look at without moving your entire head. It's also so sensitive that you can override the current radio channel by accident just because your hand isn't entirely stable while driving.
Oh and there's FUCKHUGE TEXT STATUS MESSAGES on that fucking touchscreen for mundane shit, like ACTIVATING VENTILATION.

I wish I was making this shit up. I have no idea how the fuck it's street legal.

>design unintuitive and distracting control system
>drivers fumbling with the contols are the cause of many crashes
>owners take their car back to the dealership for repairs
>profit
(((Ford)))

he didn't have license to know the time

But I can't be outraged over this.

touchscreens for driver-operated electronics shouldn't be a thing at all imo, since there's no way to use them without taking your eye off the road

>be me
>in Canada on vacation
>someone holds door open for me as I walk into a Tim Hortons
>I say "thank you sir"
>get put into handcuffs and fined $600USD for not using xer's preferred gender pronouns

The day when boomers can no longer legislate and rule on technology they fundamentally don't understand will be a glorious one.

Attached: 1467153088570.jpg (306x306, 48K)

Ford ain't even coming out with the new Fiesta st in the states. Fuck those Jews

Attached: gunjak.jpg (707x500, 85K)

that's because Americans can't drive stick.

I can Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: wtf_trash.gif (390x293, 2.49M)

It doesn't matter how many clocks are in the area, if I want to know the time I look at my wrist

I looked it up once and apparently 1/3 of the country can. Higher number than I thought it'd be

it's the 25 year old boomers that can't drive stick.

oh yeah? drive this *unzips dick*

She was actually ticketed because shes a student.

If you're rich and get pulled over in Canada, it's completely different. They give you a free bottle of maple syrup and a moose, and THEN assrape you in taxes.

It's only fair for everyone to pay their fair share!

>live in meme country
>it's the fault of the technology

>being distracted at a stop light
Good. Fucker when its green I want to go, not when you're done dicking with your ac.

Attached: beavis-920x584.png (920x584, 654K)

Smart watches will be better when they can replace cellphones entirely, not just augment them

So fucking what? Its a dumb looking car.

>Fiesta doesn't exist in automatic
You know, the thing gives you instructions of when to shift gears. These instructions are so ridiculously off the wall that they almost cause choking if you actually follow them. They can also kill you if you orient yourself along them while overtaking the first time in the car.
I thought this was a result of it being an American car made for automatic shifting.

So you are telling me the software is just that shitty?

>be me, technology geek
>driving in my smart™ car™ connected to my iPhone ™ and Apple™ watch™
>driving to my job, Web™ developer and part time male anal masseur
>worry that I might run late, this morning I had to update my car
>on the highways when I look at my Apple™ watch™ to check the time, forgetting that it is illegal
>as soon as I glance at it I hear my doors lock down and the car swerves off into the nearest safety™ tree™
>all of my ribs were crushed in the impact, my smart™ car™ was squished expelling my guts onto the windshield
>an Apple™ safety officer walks by, and sticks my fine on what remains of the windshield
>smile and thank Steve jobs for making our streets safer and more inclusive as I close my eyes and drift into the abyss
>still don't know what time it is

Attached: 1528047585628-g.jpg (1402x1427, 366K)

I've got a Mi Band too. It's great but nothing to do with smartwatch. It costs less than 10% of the price of a smartwatch for one thing

How does it look dumb

The only use for these I can see is to read emails, but not reply to them (so almost no one) or exercisefags (its real target audience).

The productivity meme they are pushing with these is bollocks since they can't do anything

We have them in oi loicense and they look ugly as shit. As do all cars ive seen that have been refreshed lately.

The new ford kuga looks pretty great though, that's the one exception for me

>youre not allowed to look at a smartwatch or your cellphone while you are stopped if you are the driver of a car in canada
That's pretty fucking dumb.

good. you should have your eyes on the damn road (and things attached to use of the road)

Agreed. The old one looked pretty damn good for a small hatchback (I own one so I'm biased though), the new one looks like a generic Kia or something. Also, 3 cylinder, fuck that. I do like that it has an LSD though.

They're actually done that way to maximize MPG so they can put a higher number on the window sticker. In that capacity the shift points are alright as long as you realize that they're only applicable to clear road cruising and not for any kind of fast acceleration.

What the fuck, they fine people for not watching at the traffic lights?

I mean of course I didn't expect a smartwatch when I bought it, but it just displaying info is enough for me. Plus I can't even imagine trying to read a message on that small of a screen for instance

this is actually an interesting topic honestly. like if wearables became less niche I could unironically see something like this becoming a superior court case

>1/3 of the country can. Higher number than I thought it'd be

And that is 100% rural

that's how it works everywhere

>she
Every time.

no

deserve it

>eheh `dicking`... hehe.. eheh.. he said `dicking`.. hehe.. ehe

you can't just tell a judge, no I wasn't looking at my watch I was looking at my dick?

>her Apple smartwatch
Only if she was looking at her dick.

OK new one does look autistic

isn't that what I said?