What browser are you using? Why?

I know that we have this thread every week, but it's always a good one. Here's how I see it:

>Firefox
Botnet as of Quantum and some stuff in late 2017. youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
>Chrome
>Anything Apple
>Anything Microsoft
Undisputed botnets

>Chrome derived browsers
Can't prove that they've been ungoogled, therefore they are presumed botnets.

>Firefox ESR derived browsers
Often insecure, because they don't use the security updates that ESR has received after they folked from it.

>Actual Firefox ESR
Expires soon and will be moving to Quantum, which puts it in the same shitty box as the normal Firefox. Regardless, I'm probably going to stick with it until August.

>indie shit
In terms of security they're too small to trust and they're also often too small to let you customize them to the degree that you'd like (e.g. they're lacking good addons).

Attached: firefox-waterfox-pale-moon-border.png (650x300, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_GNU/Linux_software
directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waterfox
downthemall

Firefox
Waiting until Icecat gets updated so it supports Tree Style Tabs

Isn't that insecure for the reason that I've mentioned?

One's a botnet and the other is insecure, why bother?

How is Icecat insecure? It's just ESR without the telemetry and proprietary components.

GNU IcaCat

Isn't it a fork?

Just get lynx

Is there any reason to use icecat if you replace all those pre-built extensions with better alternatives (eg noscript instead of the libre js blocker)

Pale moon
The last known good version of Firefox.

Just another insecure ESR fork, no?

Yes, a fork of ESR maintained by the Free Software Foundation with the proprietary components removed. I don't see how that makes it insecure.
I just use it because it has no connection to Mozilla, most of the extensions I've already replaced.

Vivaldi is good stuff, with lots of customization and more freedom to change your browser look, and has less of focus in spyware based in the values and ideas of its developers and its partial open source. Plus, native support for tree tabs style.

Before, I used Waterfox, but I got sick of it thanks to the Alex that doesn't seems to know anymore what was the point of Waterfox after he has redesigned his site for no reason. I'm afraid Waterfox in the future will be a complelety different browser compared to the Waterfox we have now.

That little privacy unknown site Jow Forums has been spamming lately claims GNU Icecat still contains "spyware features of Firefox".

>insecure
You going to address any of these "insecurities" or just keep using the word?

yea I can understand the 'brand loyalty' aspect (I donate to the FSF at that) so I'll probably be doing the same thing when it gets updated, I was just wondering if there was any other aspect to it than that.

What site?

>Isn't that insecure
I NEED to download my Japanese videos somehow.

>>Chrome derived browsers
>Can't prove that they've been ungoogled, therefore they are presumed botnets.

What about Chromium?

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html

>partial open source

>software that hasn't received security updates is not insecure

What are you implying? They have open source, but only some bits of coding. Isn't that the case?

What about it? They didn't even try to ungoogle it.

Purely just appealing to the Jow Forums convention that open source is automatically better, and anything that falls short of it is automatically shit.

I'm using an outdated palemoon version that I forked with a custom plugin I made so I get both noscript and ublock origin updates because fuck that nigger homosexual furry autismo that's moonchild.
Want to know why?
>Some retards install noscript in their browser and start crying about it breaking webpages.
>Moonchild during his autistic rage decides to ban both the addon AND everyone who tells him it's a stupid thing and you shouldn't take the control out of the user hands because of some random strangers fucking shit up.
>Proceeds to be defended by a thousand whiteknights because he can do no wrong while also blocking people on twitter.

>lunkike because i can't thunk for muh self
moz://a =/= firefox

What I like about those sites is that they never mention Safari. Because Safari is 100% not spyware, as well as 90% of Apple’s software. Apple is the only company that cares about privacy, meaning kevin and vanessa’s data are probably better protected thanyours, android neckbeards.
But I do agree itunes is and has always been a shitty software that will die soon in profit of apple music

Chromium, cuddle the botnet

>Icecat still contains "spyware features of Firefox".
probably
IC is barely a modification of FF

What?

You know, I may prefer programs with open source, but I don't necessarily condemn other programs because they happen to have closed source regardless of their quality, so I actually agree with you. For example, Windows 7 is perfect for me, I use proprietary programs like Tixati and ClipX that I like, and Ecosia just works for me.

Attached: IMG_3099.png (413x540, 396K)

all of them

for the moment Waterfox seems to be the fastest most responsive and non-shit ui browser out there, but its based on older ff thats fine ff 60 is horseshit

qutebrowser bc i don't like the mouse

>Botnet as of Quantum
a browser
>sauce: Mozilla is Not Trustworthy, said the zionist
a for profit corporation

Watch the video, he talks about the browser.

Icacat?

I love Quantum but hate how they crippled extensions.

What even is the difference between Waterfox and Icecat? I know that they're both based on ESR, but beyond that I don't know much.

Hasn't that been fixed by now?

Palemoon, I like the old Firefox style.

I use Brave because I really like the idea of the BAT system over using Ads to support sites.

Plain Firefox, don't really care so as long as the botnetnedness ain't blatant and local. I don't give a shit as long as my nation does not know my information.

How the hell is Firefox Quantum a botnet? Are you dense? It's customizable enough for the tin foil emperor!

Watch the video.

>wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_GNU/Linux_software
>GNU IceCat is a Richard Stallman approved rebrand of Firefox maintained by the GNU Project. It removes all trademarked artwork and adds some privacy protection features.
I think I might be sold. Although it's a bit weird that I can't find much info about what makes Icecat differ from Firefox ESR.

IcaCat is pretty good, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be able to load mp4 videos since I updated it, even though it had no problem with em before.
Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me? (using Parabola GNU/Linux btw)

was only good on windows

Vivaldi masterrace.

Attached: dsesktop.jpg (3840x2160, 546K)

What version of Windows is that?

8.1 x64 Professional

Opinion disregarded.

Source for this? I've tried what looks like their main website, but I'm not seeing it.

directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
I'm fucking sold.

Vivaldi on computer
Puffin and UC on phone
Can't phonepost on Puffin sadly

Why does Brave never get mentioned in these threads? It's genuinely good and privacy respecting.

Attached: muh-testpilot-or8.png (800x400, 5K)

It's probably for the reasons listed in the OP, "indie shit".

Mate it already does.

I am using waterfox i really liked using firefox back in the day but their BLM ties, lack of privacy and bullshit like that made me change to a new browser so I decided to move to waterfox since it is safer, less Big Brother stuff and feels identical to fire fox.

>muh DRM

Attached: Screenshot-2018-6-5 Directory Listing pub firefox releases 60 0 1 -or8.png (355x462, 26K)

Why Waterfox, and not, say Icecat?

>none of those are debatable, that's a fact

Motherfkr not using the best feature of Vivaldi which is treetabs. Fk off

>project by Brendan Eich, the creator of JavaScript
>indie shit
lol

There was a thread up on Jow Forums the night I decided to dump firefox and it looked good so I decided to try it out. I installed it and it worked like a champ ate up less ram than Mozilla kept all my old plugins and I really liked it! I am on it right now posting this post actually.

>Can't prove that they've been ungoogled, therefore they are presumed botnets
That's not the only thing wrong with them. Blink and WebKit have no privacy settings unlike Firefox.
>Quantum is malware
Kys

Chrome
Chrome OS

What's so good about Pale Moon and Waterfox?

developed by furfag autists

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
Great browsers guys.

I moved from Opera 12.16 to Chrome, but I really hate it. I'd use Opera but it just doesn't feel the same anymore for obvious reasons. I'm considering moving to Chromium later down the road, but I've been too busy to think lately.

Inox patchset.

>proprietary

Firefox for now
But both Falkon and Otter look really promising.

Safari®, the Best Privacy Browser™.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.01.27 PM.png (2560x1600, 468K)

Damn, those fonts look so nice. Does Safari have good adblocking? I might consider using. (I'm on Mac of course because I'm a professional)

Lunduke is a fucking retard

as good as it gets
you can install many more popular privacy extensions but i haven't done so

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.06.15 PM.png (1764x1318, 325K)

Awesome, thanks. So glad to be on OSX

Does it matter? He's presenting facts.

>So glad to be on OSX
based.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.12.25 PM.png (2560x1600, 642K)

tiling and borderless terminal HOW?

it's literally built into the OS, my dude

Is that a key next to the padlock? What does it do?

Holy shit. Just when I thought Mac couldn't get any better.

Why are using uBlock, not the origin one?

When did that happen?

Falkon, because of its KDE integration and low ram consumption.

woops, good call
switching now, hadn't noticed

Oh, okay.

Attached: what in the very only universe of mobius are you spouting about you ungrateful fuckgal.png (275x218, 66K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.49.26 PM.png (1764x1318, 333K)

despite all it's flaws firefox is the best
videos like seem like fud and arguements about mozilla instead of the browser
>comments disabled
not surprised anyway it's open source and you can tinker with it

>there is people who believe Lunduke's bullshit about Mozilla
Wew lad.

Attached: imbecileInside.gif (438x403, 15K)

Firefox Nightly, it has the perfect mix between privacy, security and usability.

>firefox
>botnet
pick one

No idea.

ITT mac fags circlejerking

Do you have any sources showing that what he's said about Firefox is bullshit?

No we have this thread every day and it's always the same

spam ban>?

sorry, i was checkin.... nightly sometimes, chromium, waterfox