You know user, I'm doing another Jai demo tonight at 7. Will I see you there?

You know user, I'm doing another Jai demo tonight at 7. Will I see you there?

Attached: 2784075-jon+blow+2015.1+cropped.jpg (538x640, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVhCUSgNbzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

is he? on twatch?

Of course Jon.
youtube.com/watch?v=EVhCUSgNbzo

Attached: jon blow - cowabunga asdsfafd.png (1295x727, 616K)

I'm legitimately excited to try out Jai and see what tools are built around it. The self contained nature of it, yes, yes, yes.

He is. Username is Naysayer88

>He's born in 88?

Shit, he's two years younger than me, but looks at leat 10 years older.

I remember him saying he's planning on making a modernized Emacs-ish text editor with it, with all the configuration settings done in Jai, rather than lisp. If it actually happens, it could well be the greatest editor of our time

Game programming does that to a man

he's born 1971, check wikipedia

Thank god, then he looks exactly his age.

Yeah, I was getting worried.

Probably graduation date?

High school maybe? He'd have been 17 in '88

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-05 16-57-59.png (600x96, 16K)

7 pm PDT will be 4 in the morning in EU, fuck I won't be watching that, will wait for YT

That sounds about right, I graduated when I was 18.

I wonder how complex it is. I'd rather a complex and slow compiler than a complex runtime. Obviously it would be ideal to have a complex and fast compiler as well, but either way, any costs should be at compile time, not runtime. The total cpu time spent building a project is likely to be lower than the total runtime across all users for it. Slow builds, but fast execution.

>game programming and computer language thread
>most replies are about if the guy looks his age
when did Jow Forums became girlish aff

abstraction will always be complex, there is no way to avoid it without ending like C or Go

The language is actually built around the concept of paying at compile-time rather than runtime. You can run arbitrary code at compile time, so no more constexpr garbage from C++. Super neat stuff!

It's always been like that, goober.

I don't think complexity is inherently bad, I'm just curious.

That's what interests me the most. I have no qualms with higher level features or "simpler" languages themselves. The only thing I dislike is when features introduce runtime costs. I like the idea of these costs being paid upfront, one time, during the build phase.

Rust's "cost free abstractions" where what made me look into it, but the syntax made me run away. I have no problem with Jai's yet, but I have to wait since things are still not finalized. The syntax could get better or worse before release.

Attached: CLANG LLVM.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

I too have no problems with Jai yet. My hope with the syntax is that Jon will hold fast to his "low friction" goal, and make things easy to use, if a little error prone to learn

yep good work this is going in my leaky asshole fap collection *fapfapfap* anal fissure
d
d

Attached: bsddoc.jpg (274x163, 27K)

nah, I don't want to do an all-nighter

You bastard

Attached: jon_blow.jpg (615x347, 49K)

I know sleep isn't actually important, I'm just too lazy.

are his streamings good?

No of course sleep isnt important at a

Yes, if you enjoy programming languages

motherfucker

I think so, I learn a lot of esoteric bullshit that interests me, mostly a lot of practice/pattern/concept stuff which is useful outside of Jai itself.

Like why/when you would want to use pattern A over pattern B.

This guy is based. When does he start talking about engineering a final (((solution)))?

Attached: nekt-stop-auschwitz-memegenerator-net-choo-choo-jew-28312752.png (500x347, 80K)

>'88' in Twitch handle
>supports Jordan Peterson on Patreon
is Jai a Nazi version of Rust?

Unironically yes. It's engineered just about as well as Nazi products. Designed with practical objectives and solutions in mind, trying to appeal to 1 group of people not everyone.

Attached: afficheallemande3.jpg (444x633, 85K)

I demand Jai propaganda be made with images of a Hitler version of Jon Blow.

According to the rust devs? Probably