[Help] New DS emulator Rensata

Hello guys!
I'm Carlos Lindeman from Brazil and since 2015 I'm developing an Nintendo DS emulator. Everything started when a co-worker was playing Super Smash Bros on his notebook in the breaktime, I was amazed by the performance of the emulator (Dolphin), the last time I tried to emulate something (at the time) was at least 10 years before. And in the moment I discovered it was opensource and looked at the source, man! I was amazed how such a brillant work could be done, it was nothing compared to every single software I developed since I started in this area ('95), so I started to search about emulation and other emulators, and became amazed with a lot of them, PPSSPP for its structure, NO$GBA for being absurdly written in assembly, Gambatte for it's accuracy. But I noted that no DS emulators (at least Open Source) was well... Friendly written? I looked at the Desmume Source and it was a mess... NO$ despite being incredible for being written in assembly wasn't opensource nor portable, so I tought, why not? Thankfully I had some experience with the ARM architecture in the past, so I started what I call "Rensata", yeah I don't have any creativity for names.

Attached: download.jpg (235x214, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=No$Zoomer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My first objective was to make it work, I got to this in 2016 when I got Mario 64DS to boot! So I started to work with the "GPU" side, and got a software render that renders pretty well a hundred of games now. In the begin of 2017 I refactored every part of the code and mostly rewrote the ARM's interpreters (and got a huge performance boost, 300% the original DS velocity on an old Pentium 4), so I set another goal, an JIT to speed up things a little (and grant performance on portable devices)! At the current time I'm finishing the details of the JIT, and starting to work on a new renderer (with OpenGL3) and in the reversal enginnering of some common libraries embbeded on most DS games. I plan to release it to public at the moment the JIT is finished, so that way with a few adjusts it could be ported to every platform possible (at least in theory, I designed the JIT core directly with 3 modules, X86, X86_64 and ARM64, I don't know much about PowerPC and other architectures, but I think it'll work).
But at the moment I have one single problem... I worked to the same company since 1999, but it closed doors the begin of this year, and at least in my city I haven't find a job that pay the same nor that actually uses most of my experience (I worked all this time with C and C++), all the Java I knows seems to be at the same level of recently graduate students that can earn a starter salary, so at the moment I'm earning just to live and hardly pay my children school.

The thing is, I found out that some details of GBATek (the major source of information I used til now) have some parts not so acurrated, and I got to test this with a osciloscope of my alma mater, but I can't use it for my personal research without goverment authorization, and well, they didn't authorize me. So I'm keeping to buy one myself, but I can hardly keep any money each month, so I'm here to ask for your help! There's an osciloscope from Rigol that costs 350 USD on Amazon, but got an offer from a acquitance in Canada for 300 USD, with taxes it would cost me next to 600 USD (Yeah, Brazil import taxes are absurd, they tax everything (minus books and medicine)). That's a month of my salary, and the way I'm it will be 3 years to keep this ammount. So I'm asking for your help!
Any amount will be really appreciated! And if you donate, mail me and the moment the JIT get completed (Probably August), you'll receive a beta build, and if you are interested the access to the repository, and when every single test of JIT be OK will release it to public (September?). I know that I may sound just like an odd asking you for money, but well, the only guarantee I can give is my word. People said to me open an Patreon, but it won't work right now, since there's no source or public build, It would be nonsense. Well, that's it, thanks for hearing about my work and plans!

Email: carloslindeman1(at)outlook(dot)com

Nice blog, no one cares, now fuck off monkey

Attached: 3d2.jpg (317x699, 44K)

hi, i'm nigera prince
i send you million, just need you pay for transfer fee
k thanks

Is it free as in freedom?

>i did all these things
>"there's no source"
seems legit

I think you're looking for instead.

>pic
that guys fucks

upvoted

pics or gtfo

Leddit jokes XD

Just try to post this on .

Jow Forums is full of retard who hate "video game" without reason.

>gullible retard
OP showed no proof of anything. Merely a shitty sob story asking for money. If he had actual code to show or anything of worth, you'd see people at least interested in it. Since it's just random ramblings in broken English asking for money, he'll get deservedly mocked.

takes one redditard to recognize another

S O P A

Mesmo acreditando que seja bait, tente o eles podem te ajudar. Praticamente ninguém sabe programar por aqui, e muito menos vão te ajudar com algo mais avançado que um fizzbuzz.

Attached: 1516233975379.jpg (657x527, 32K)

emugen here, we don't want him

Also Ensata (drop the R) is an in-house Nintendo DS emulator

UMA DELICIA

Why do you need a sillyscope

Why? There are 500,000 DS emulators

>osciloscope
yer you don't need a oscilloscope to make a emulator this story is BS any thing of value has already been reversed engineered from the DS this guys just asking for cash.

UMA

Staplebutter made a fully functional DS emulator in the rec room of a mental hospital. What's your excuse?

Man what the fuck this was pretty nice to read but you're just some guy asking for money and with absolutely nothing to show

idai men mo barato um ds kkkkk '-'

you'd have more success shilling your idea on plebbit
also start a kikestarter or patreon

I'm using a two year old samsung phone with a free DS emulator on it Right now, tell why i should read your blog past the first sentence ?
In the emulation world either you're firt or you're nothing.

it's either slow or written 'unfriendly'. pick 1

So dumb brown people think they'll get somewhere trying to scam autistic poorfags on a tech board?
Kys monkey retard

i wouldn't know. silicon valley is an ok show.

nice job Carlos.

Ganbatte Carlos! Ds emulation sucks, that's why I bought a 3Ds, you barely can play games like Hotel Dusk or Ghost Trick on emulators because the poor sound quality or the fps drops that makes really annoying.

Wish you luck, fren.

Attached: DMxzD59VoAARrg5.jpg (858x1200, 83K)

>there's no source or public build
found your problem.

Literal begging for money: the post. If you need an oscilloscope that badly get a job that has access to a scope (you may have to actually move out of your city) or go to a university and talk to a professor.

kek

>'-'
se mate

Eu até doaria alguma coisinha cara, mas não temos nenhuma garantia além de uma historinha numa imageboard, assim fica complicado...

It was a waste to type this on Jow Forums, people here are autistics who can't program anything but hello world and fizzbuzz (In languages that don't matter in the real world)

I wish you the best of luck, though.

>Hello guys! I'm [Meatspace identity] from [HUEHUE meatspace shithole]
Die. I don't care how, just die.
>since there's no source or public build, It would be nonsense
And it's still nonsense here for the exact same reason. As it would be everywhere else.

Try asking on reddit, basically everything emulation related happens there. Also, don't expect anyone believing you without some proof.

Pick a platform that doesn't have a good emulator and do that instead.

install gentoo

Like DS? DeSmuME is fucking cancer and anything else is outright broken. If OP is really telling the truth, I hope he succeeds.

OP is already struggling to reverse engineer a platform that's somewhat documented and has working open source emulators, I'm not sure if that would help much.

I played every DS Megaman and Castlevania games since 2010 with No$Gba 2.6a lmao.
The only annoying thing is lacking of zooming feature.

DeSmuME's problems are mostly in management and audiovisual output. Just fork it to fix the former and code it to fix the latter. The codebase isn't so bad you'd need to start from scratch.

But if you want hope from some potentially competent developers, then go and convince Exophase to port DraStic to PC, preferably open sourcing it while doing so.
Some random BR scam on Jow Forums isn't a place for hope.

>DeSmuME is fucking cancer and anything else is outright broken.
What's wrong with DeSmuME? I havent used it in ages but I remember it working okay.

If OP was telling the truth and wanted to create an open source, portable, well-written DS emulator, why didn't he put it on GitLab or something where people could contribute or at least verify a commit history etc. of his work? It would sure lend a lot of credibility to his story.

How about an iPhone/iOS emulator

google.com/search?q=No$Zoomer

Which parts of GBATek are inaccurate? I need to know this.

I would rather use Desmume instead of No Zoomer

Of course. Just saying that's not an issue, if No$GBA is good enough for the task for that person.

Make a Patreon

My old trick is set the resolution to 640x480 for only No$GBA

I remember doing that for countless programs when fullscreen was borked and they had tiny resolutions. But Zoomer was out by time I started to use that one so there was no need.

>What's wrong with DeSmuME?
Nothing. The mentally ill dev of another DS emulator has turned R****t against DeSmuME with lies and slander. Anyone shitting on it here is a R****tor.

>I havent used it in ages but I remember it working okay.
Have you played any pokemon on it?

>not having different words for both things

English is so retarded, shittiest lingua franca in hitory

No, but why would I do that when NetBattle and ShoddyBattle exist?

>not realizing that free as in free speech and free as in free beer are basically the same sort of freedom in that the good, service, or ability to do some activity is not anyone's property or is collective property

>NetBattle and ShoddyBattle

Attached: 1477698383804.jpg (511x428, 37K)

>a mentally ill dev has committed terrorism wah ree wah ree

is this /agdg/?

t. zeromus

Attached: 1515115800739.png (359x255, 214K)

>furfag
kys senpai

Before the end of the second post I was actually proud to be Brazilian... But it all went straight downhill from there.

shut up retard

holy SHIT that was fast, deleted before the page even refreshed on my end, wtf mods

no one likes furfags

>we don't want him
>we
we don't want you either

Thanks, we shall stay.

Kickstarter or something

we need you to go

>we
If OP is not just a scammer, who are you to say if you want him or not? kys faggot

Attached: 1407091453842.jpg (762x668, 42K)

UMA

>an Nintendo

>If OP is not just a scammer
That's an impossible precedent though. What's the point of an if statement that never EVER runs true?

Once you figure out that reddit's jokes are all normalfag tier it becomes easy to pick them apart

Fuck you
>>>/global/rules/11

sopa

kys faggot

sent :^)

>gib money I report u huehuehue
No, my man

It's been done, m8.

Why is this dogshit still up?

Attached: 1406690719392.jpg (534x355, 27K)

sounds like those email scams from the mid 00s

I would buy one for 50$, but I can't donate a dollar to anyone in the world because politics forbidden e-money in my cunt.

Attached: emu.jpg (1600x1200, 137K)

Free as in free beer is just a contraction of the phrase free of charge meaning free as in freedom of charge.

why the best android emulator had to be on fucking android out of all the systems is mind boggling