Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?

Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?

It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows, fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches that one other person on the planet has experienced.

Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?

The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you using Linux. Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.

Attached: TuxTear.png (500x401, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because with Linux I actually can have a decent dev environment.

>inb4 muuh wsl
placebo garbage

>using a desktop

Unironically, why do you even care?

And "yes, a lot" to all three of your questions.

Raspberry pi server

Package management is the #1 reason
Also I don't want to bother with shady cracks, "activation", futile attempts at disabling the botnet surveillance, advertisements ...

it boots faster
it feels faster
it starts applications faster
it compiles arduino files faster for sone reason
it doesn't stop me from doing what i want
it's made by people who don't have evil intent

also there are less useless or scummy or shady looking things in my task manager which is a plus

Yes, yes and very much so.
Everything you said is bullshit.
Windows has been way more troublesome for me ever since 8, OSX is a toy OS made for teenage roasties, s oyboys and faggots.

I've been on KDE Neon and Manjaro KDE for over 2 years, never had any problems whatsoever, and I mean it, none.
The package management is SOOOO much better, I have ACTUAL control over the installed software.

And Linux isn't run by filthy corporate jews.

scoop.sh

placebo

> figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows
t. person who never actually tried to use windows for something except vidya

>figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows
who actually “uses” software these days? I just need a web browser.

>Are you making money from Linux?
No. Why?
>Is it saving you time?
Not a concern of mine, I’m usually a little faster on GNU/Linux than Windows though. For my specific usage anyway.
>Is it improving your life in some way?
I don’t expect technology to “improve” my life. It’s a tool.
>Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.
Ok, buy me a MacBook then. Because I sure can’t justify a $1000+ web browsing machine when I have an iPhone 6 and X200 that fill those needs fine.

>The answer to those is "no"
for (you)

Can't really argue with this.
Also Linux gives you choice from Retarded Linux (Ubuntu) to Autist Linux (Gentoo) and everything else inbetween.

Oh look, it's the street shitting mactoddler again.

Oh and also this
In Linux, I know about purpose and origin of every userspace process running. Unlike in windows.

yep, millenials are NOT fucking retarded at all

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (921x606, 33K)

these kind of threads stopped being funny long ago. Even the spergs who respond to it aren't funny anymore. Seriously why are these still being made it's a waste of autism install fucking gentoo

Pic related is why.

Attached: l404057563.jpg (350x296, 12K)

I use Lubuntu on my pos netbook because its the only OS that will run smoothly on it

Because Windows is a piece of shit OS. I started using Linux 8 years ago because I kept getting malware from doing fuck all on Windows. Runs faster, boots faster, usb file transfer speed is faster for some reason, no malware, no botnet and spyware, it's gratis and free, no BSOD, have not had any problems on mint or manjaro that I didn't cause myself, more secure, no need to defragment your hdd, no slowdown after being installed for more than 3 months, no bloat and any bloat there is can easily be uninstalled, decent pentesting distros and tools, package management. All of these things improve my life in some way, mostly by saving time. Fuck Apple and their overpriced hardware and their walled in garden. My buddy has a macbook pro and it only has a 128 gb ssd. Fail. He has to always reformat to cut down on space. Tried to setup a server on OS X and he went back to his linux box saying fuck dealing with a server on a proprietary OS where you can't see what it's doing. Old hardware can also be resuscitated with Linux. Windows is cancer...

It's the other way around for me when I use windows I have to search for replacements.

Seriously, you guys can't even use ssh without fucking putty or some linux emulator bullshit? There's not even a package manager?

This

i love potterings dick in my ass

Attached: 1524219223173.jpg (429x245, 19K)

I use Linux to develop custom ROMs for Android devices.

>Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?
I just burned out on perpetually having to play whack-a-mole with Windows' innumerable security holes and telemetry "features."
>Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?
no, yes, yes

Yes, my work place is mostly Linux/FreeBSD.
>Is it saving you time?
Yes, I don't need to restart after non-kernel updates.
Yes, in the way of making me money and saving me time.

3/10 bait, try harder.

The lack of proper SSH support on Windows is fucking annoying. Developing ASP.NET MVC is actually better on Linux, I keep a Windows laptop around at work for the benefit of my boss.

hi boss im dad

i use both linux and windows
you dumb bitch

Because NONE of the things you mention are an actual problem once you've used it for long enough. I learned Linux because that's what my servers are at work. It was so fucking good, I use it at home to.

Attached: 1522892745647.jpg (1095x662, 126K)

Pretty sweet for phone servers.

It's fast as fuck. FAST FAST FAST

i don't give a shit about freedom lol

Attached: 1527636197657.jpg (675x1200, 157K)

This, Windows is just useless bloat: The OS at this point.

>apple
That is just for people who are or feel too stupid to use anything else and like the look of the computer, the whole "apple stuff is actually really good for X you know?" meme is completely obsolete now.

D-did that kid just pee in that drawer?!

I use linux because I'm not a hypocrite. My belief in freedom applies to all aspects of life, including software. Fuck off botshit.

Attached: dog.jpg (640x640, 291K)

>Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?
>The answer to those is "no"
Yes, yes and yes.
Even if you are not a programmer, you can find a job with your linux skills.
If you decide to remain useless, you'll stay useless.

I triple boot (Win10, Mac El Capitan, Ubuntu I forget which version)

My Windows 10 install was way too slow on my computer. At least for the first 30 minutes after booting it was.
Can't remember how well windows 8 ran.
Linux is pretty quick and consistently so.

NIGGAS GOT IFFY, UH.
BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY, UH.

Attached: -g- - Technology - 4chan - Mozilla Firefox_003.png (1366x734, 124K)

Its faster, nothing else
I hate to see a white wheel of points spinning on a blue screen, I dont know if its the internet speed, writing or a fucking processor problem

I love how it brings new life to old hardware.

In like 2007 or 2008, I was running a full-featured Linux desktop in maybe 50 - 100MB RAM and very little hard drive space on a 433 MHz Celeron. You couldn't do that with a modern Windows OS if you wanted to. It's great

Not everyone is a gaming toddler, some people work as programmers.

what do you do, user?

>50 - 100MB RAM
Damn

/thread

your just jealous aren't you sweetie... awwww

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG

winfags btfo'd as usual
/thread

I like it more than Windows. It strokes my autism in the right way.

>needs less storage than windoes
>free as in freedom
>free as in gratis
>no fucking reboot after an update
>no spyware
>much faster

what else do you want?

>free as in freedumb
comunism!!!

I rarely have problems... I don't think your problem is linux

>free software is communism
>can't even spell communism
>actually used the email field (albeit fake)
b8

I think that's what is called a joke, even if it's shit

underage or bait?

Attached: 1270694030277.jpg (229x251, 7K)

Attached: 01.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Honestly, Windows is good for standard office work & gayming

Linux is great for programming and hacking and maybe just browsing Jow Forums

if you use Linux for other reasons than those that I listed, you really are a fucking autist sperg

Attached: 02.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

Attached: 03.jpg (1024x768, 61K)

the cube thing brings back so many memories, fuck you

Attached: 04.jpg (1024x768, 62K)

free
easy to upgrade
does what I want
no greedy company behind
heavily customizable
safer
faster
lighter

Attached: 05.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

Holy fucking KEK I haven't seen these pictures in so many years.

kek I knew I had them hidden somewhere in my folder, good for a bait thread like this.

Unironically why did you make this post OP..
Stop shilling your irrelevant OS
Linux is here to stay like it or not..
Deal with it noob..

Unironically because I'm not a computer person and the only things I use a computer for are email and shitposting on Jow Forums, so I don't require windows.

>Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?
It's easier to use.

>All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows
The exact opposite is the case.
No i3 on Windows, how the fuck do you compile C on Windows?
LaTeX is also a bit of a mess, since windows doesn't have a Packetmanager.

>Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?
Yes, significantly.
It saves me time and I have more fun using it.

>Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.
Apples software is tied to it's hardware (I know about hackintosh, but come on), which is just a rip off, so no.

He feels insecure about his botnet os so he feels the need to shit on the shit other people use.

no, but i wasn't with windows either, i'm a mechanic

>Is it saving you time?
yeah, for software development it's really convenient

yeah, for software development it's really convenient

Works better on my PC than any other os.
FFmpeg and kdenlive is better than any other program on windows or mac for me, and every other program i need is either preinstalled or you can easily find it.
I've be using kubuntu over a year now, and when i cameback to windows 7 it was just slow unusuble garbage, i don't know how i used it before.

This. Windows 10 takes fucking 15 minutes to boot and do anything on my PC. I dual boot with ubuntu these days, rarely going back to windows 10 only if there's some kind of incompatibility or windows specific software I have to use.

Yes, I work remotely on my linux laptop
>Is it saving you time?
Of course - how many times have you been interrupted by those retarded updates on Windows?
Well duh, more freedom and less tracking

Go back to /v/ s*yboi

At this point dealing with win10 is equally painful

You're unironically either retarded or shilling for microsoft because literally everything you just said is self-evidently bullshit to anyone who has actually used Linux and doesn't have negative IQ.

>who actually “uses” software these days? I just need a web browser.

people with jobs

you'll find out when you leave your piss-bottle ridden basement

Speak for yourself faggot, I'm using Windows 2000 unironically.

Don't get me wrong, I love scoop for what it is. It's by far the best package manager for Windows. But, it's still just not great compared to the best options on Linux and there aren't anywhere near enough packages to compare. At least 60-70% of the stuff I try to install isn't on scoop or scoop extras. Hell, it took 8 months to get an officially supported package of jdk 9+, even

But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it MY WAY

>why the fuck do you use Linux?
It works. Windows is a struggle on my desktop, but Debian and Ubuntu run fine and they let me do whatever the fuck I want to them.

My only complain with linux is the battery life on my laptop; even with TLP.

>Linux 8
Do you even know what you're talking about? Linux doesn't number that way, are you talking about a specific distro?

>placebo
Great argument. Surely all those anti-telemetry tools for Windows 10 aren't placebo. Oh, wait:
youtube.com/watch?v=eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en

>being this poor

>2018
>lincucks is still on version 4.x while Windows already made loop through 98, 2k... to infinity and is already back at 10 and is getting ready for another loop
linux can't recover from this

Since windows changed to .docx is there any reason not to unless you're a gamergoi?

Interesting shitpost.

>it's GAHNOO SLASH L*NUX :--D
t. stallbong

It's not my hardware. It's my use case. Windows breaks my shit every update nowadays so I went all Linux.

I've been using linux for better part of two decades now and I like it. It's fast, stable and secure. It does everything I need it to do and doesnt share telemetry about everything I do with a third party.

I dislike gnome and systemd, but these are acceptable complaints compared to macos or windows. I deal with those every day. I manage two racks of servers and around 50 windows/macos/linux pc's.

Why do you fags keep replying to this kopipe? It's been posted like five times now.

thread should have been sticked and closed here
you're a dumb fuck, don't push your inabilities onto everyone else.

>the cube is what got me into linux
>installed ubunto 10.04 or whatever it was
>got the cube working
>used it for maybe 2 days, 4 days max
>removed it, wiped the system and did a clean install
>been using linux ever since
thanks, cube thing!

nice blog faggot
how do i unsub

I have win7 on my work laptop and I fucking hate it, absolutely clunky garbage. From what I understand, windows fans have a ton of shit they need to do to get their configuration right like disable all the ads, remove all the auto patches that reinstall spyware etc, download apps from random places on the internet. Who the fuck would enjoy that?

I just stick my Ubuntu drive in and a few minutes later the computer is ready to go with apps to do most desktop functions out of the box, including my preferred browser already being default.