Why waste money on a home theater when watching movies in VR with headphones is clearly a superior experience?

Why waste money on a home theater when watching movies in VR with headphones is clearly a superior experience?

Attached: unnamed.png (481x310, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newatlas.com/gear-vr-vs-oculus-rift-specs-comparison-2017/49015/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pixel density

>enjoying huge black borders and huge pixels

I love VR, but watching media on it is retarded. The res is too low. Most things in VR, the immersive aspect makes up for the poor visual quality. Passively watching content is not one of those things.

If you poorfags stopped staring at your shitty phone/VR goggles and got an Oculus you wouldn't have those problems.

Attached: 61ahfXnBa0L._SX466_.jpg (466x318, 17K)

I have a Rift, faggot. Media looks like shit in it.

Stop watching rips downloaded from .ru sites and you won't have that problem.

What's it like being blind? Oh wait, you probably only watch shitty Chinese cartoons that look like crap no matter what they're viewed on.

Making out and sucking cocks with the goggles on is inconvenient and I don’t trust enough to not pull the old switcheroo
>movie finishes and I realise I’ve blown my grandpa.
Winning.

Samsung vr has better pixel density than the Oculus though

Real world performance shows Oculus is still superior.

>Don't make the mistake, though, of thinking that means the Gear VR will have the better visual presentation. Even the cheapest compatible graphics card inside the Rift's connected PC will allow for a much richer graphical environment than you'll typically find in Gear VR games or apps.
newatlas.com/gear-vr-vs-oculus-rift-specs-comparison-2017/49015/

>Useing VR
>Breaking or Entering

i was talking about the htc vive. you have to be fucking blind to enjoy watching videos on such a low pixel density screen with those huge black borders around it. stop trying to trick people into buying first gen crapware with your post purchase rationalization, you fucking pleb

that link is talking about games. op is talking about movies, not games. and movies will look better on the screen with the better res and ppi. the fact that i have to point that out to you shows how retarded you are.

Agreed. Why is Jow Forums so anti VR though?

They can't afford it.

Low resolution. You need at least 1-2 Years til it really becomes usable.

because it's shitty first gen hardware. i've tried the vive and the tech just isn't there yet.
call me when the htc equivalent of the oculus halfdome prototype (bigger screens, higher res, better ppi, higher fov, varifocal displays, eyetracking for foveated rendering) and valve's knuckle controllers (or something similar or better) hit the market.

until then, vr is a gimmick for """enthusiasts""" (i.e. impatient kids) and a platform for devs to develop their games on (so that they're ready when the decent headsets are out), nothing more.

Attached: valve-knuckles-touch-diagram-01.jpg (1000x654, 74K)

Why waste time and money on Kikewood filth?

The quote is literally talking about how PC has better graphics than console. The Gear VR with any flagship samsung phone has higher pixel density and looks better than the Rift. Also, people have already calculated what viewing angle and resolution you need for movie viewing at x resolution in one of those virtual theaters or rooms

For 1080p equivalent you need like 4k per eye and for "unnoticeable" or "retina" you need 16k per eye. Or something like that, I only vaguely recall the results.

Have you tried Elite Dangerous, or Pavlov, or Serious Sam 1/2, or Robo Recall? You probably tried some shitty VR demo. It's more than a gimmick, although I agree we have a long way to go.

Shit ton of 1000+ ppi screens just demoed at display convention last week. Expect next gen vr HMDs next year.