What's your take on this, Jow Forums?

What's your take on this, Jow Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=BOAsUKtwlMA

Attached: Asus-ZenBook-Pro-15-UX580.jpg (980x620, 81K)

Gimmick, one time meme.

No.

But will it outlive the emojibar?

Attached: 569.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

Attached: 98685784.png (190x121, 14K)

Great, more trendy bullshit

jesus christ... it looks like an HP shit laptop

How does this shit even work?

The trackpad is supposed to be a neutral canvas to move your fingers across. Now it's fucking screen running mobile apps and shit?

>that lag
Fucking disgusting.

I feel bad for whoever came up with this. This is just awful. In their own demo it hitches up.

People are retards so it will probably sell like mad

I would rather buy the macbook pro with the touchbar than this wtf is this what kind of autism do you need to engineer this?

seems to be very gimmicky to me

>that lag
how does that even happen in current year?

It's not lag, they demo it slowly so that normies have enough time to notice wtf is happening on screen.

>2 fps
>"not lag"

Nope. Not unless others do it too, or Microsoft pushes for it. It'll live and die with Asus.

Only Apple makes Macbooks, so they can integrate it into the system and push it for as long as they want.

"Gimmick" is just an euphenism for "will be the universal standard in 5 years but I'm scared to admit it"

The state of normie technology

It reminds me of a printer touch display. It'd be cooler if they did not try to replace the trackpad and instead embed the small screen somewhere else and treated it as a small touch screen or another monitor.

>Asus introduces ScreenPad™.
>Jow Forums calls it gimmicky shit
>ScreenPad™ fails to gain traction and Asus stops producing it.
>Apple introduces visual Force Touch trackpad.
>PC makers trip over their dicks to put a video trackpad into their own notebooks and Jow Forums rubs themselves through their panties praising Asus ScreenPad™ as way ahead of the game

lmao

Attached: 1495659362619.jpg (421x421, 62K)

Looks slow, a trackpad shouldn't get tied to the OS anyway

>your take
totally stupid idea. really. it's beyond idiotic

>have 13.3" or 15" screen
>work on 3-4" keyhole screen instead of using the touchpad to work on the 13.3" or 15" screen
>using touchpad at all instead of a mouse unless you're on a bus or somewhere you can't attach a mouse
guess the people at ASUS were out of ideas and decided that hell yeah we'll slam a screen where the touchpad goes and see if anyone's dumb enough to buy it

not the first time I've seen this stupidity btw, there was some other laptop a while ago that had a small screen where the numpad goes

technical side of things isn't that hard, there's already computers with touch-screens and multi-monitor support has been there a long time. It's probably just a small standard touch-screen with some special driver / config.

it'll probably live and die with this machine since the idea seems so utterly stupid. why the fuck would you want to look at your trackpad instead of the main screen? if the "selling point" is that it's a touchscreen then make the regular screen a touchscreen and put the gimmick apps there

Looks laggy as shit. That got me thinking though, why aren't companies using smartphone digitizers instead of those DOGSHIT touchpads? Even absolute bottom of the barrel capacitive touchscreens work better and I don't think the difference in price is that big.

what the fuck do i track with cocksucker? this bullshit is gonna pop up all the damn time, no fuckin reason, cause made for kikerasoft and pajeet's gonna shit out some illegible trash as a "proprieturrehg inturfaase meffud " nqahy man no

>low res screen
>shit quality backlight/bleed
Neat concept overall tho

NO

Attached: 1440308384885.jpg (688x1308, 302K)

People want cheap computers that means using extremely cheap trackpads.

Digitizers already cost $5.5 for a 7 inch panel(and that's consumer price, not a bulk price), they are saving $2 at most.

That quickly becomes hundreds of thousands of dollaridoos when they have to manufacture a lot of them.

Attached: 096ceab9df9ff2715dcbebfff94208657b0e5f1d.jpg (329x220, 49K)