$4k for a laptop

I've got $4k ($5k AUD) to buy a laptop.

Need to buy it before next financial year.

I've been looking at fully speccing out a 13" MBP for $4.5k but I'm not too sure (considering no USB ports). Primary use will be embedded systems programming.

I want to see the most outlandish, fully specced laptops you guys want to buy.

What's your dream laptop?

Attached: macbook-pro-2016-keyboard-1200x9999-720x720.jpg (720x480, 71K)

And it's not my money to spend, so I'm not worried about only spending $1k and saving the rest.

If I only spend $3k then I lose $2k.

Cuckbook Pro

is it your parents money?

top-end Razer Blade or a fully upgraded 15" MacBook Pro

no you aren't

stop posting ad threads

nope, taxpayers money

I got the new macbook pro moderately decked out from work. Don't do it. For the love of God, don't do it to yourself. I wish I could use my thinkpad x1 or macbook pro 2012 instead.

Dell xps with new i9

Minus the touchbar

Why? What was so awful?

Fully specced out Cuckbook or Razer.
I was in a similar situation. Work was willing to spend about $2500 (AUD) for a laptop for some of the employees. Ended up getting the Ayysus Strix Ryzen 7 laptop.
Good luck in your search, user.

If you're doing embedded programming, USB is kinda important. I'm also assuming you like mice and unless you want to use a BT mouse...

Get an X1 Carbon and get the nicest CPU, most ram, etc. It'll put you around $3k, leaving you enough to get a couple of those awesome docking stations (one for work, one for home), extra charger, etc.

Works like a dream for me, wouldn't trade it for anything else

>aud
day of the drop when?

Attached: colony drop.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Attached: 1528148093257.jpg (1024x768, 164K)

>implying

The new keyboards are fucking loud and unpleasant to type on. I'm waiting for the new revision with an improved keyboard design. I do like the prospect of a thunderbolt 3 port, I want a monitor docking solution again.

For that much money, just buy a brand new T480s ($2k) and a nice UHD monitor.
Or pic related

Attached: DAA795309FBE48078719EEDFFB7B0622.jpg (620x465, 27K)

Not him but the touchbar is what I hate. I actually like the keyboard. It's clicky and responsive. Feels like it has more key travel than it actually has. But the touchbar is an unresponsive piece of shit. Now I can't adjust volume/brightness etc without looking at the keyboard and opening the slider and then adjusting.

Go with the MBP. I really can't think of a better laptop if you have that kind of money to spend. Make sure you avoid anything that is being marketed towards gamers.

>I've been looking at fully speccing out a 13" MBP for $4.5k but I'm not too sure
Literally just get the 15-inch version instead.
>(considering no USB ports).
USB C is USB. You'll only need maybe one converter. It's not as big of a problem as the webmposters make it out to be.

I expect more effort in your next shitpost, young man.

Why?
The Touch Bar doesn't get in the way or subtract from the experience at all. All the function keys are still there, the esc key is there 99% of the time and doing some things like adjusting volume and brightness can get done (a little) faster.

>All these people wanting Mac books and Razer
I thought Mac books were nothing special and expensive because of the brand and Razer for making shitty overpriced gaming laptops?

X P S 1 5
P
S

/thread