2015 MacBook Pro in 2018

My dad has a Late 2011 MacBook Pro, fully maxed out. It's getting old, and won't support macOS Mojave, plus it has chronic GPU issues and has already failed once. But the 2016-7 MacBook Pros are bullshit. Today he bought a 2015 MacBook Pro, fully maxed out except for a 512GB SSD instead of a 1TB one. Was this a good idea? Should he have gotten a 2017 one or just settled for a Windows computer?

Attached: 2015-06-04-product-3.jpg (800x653, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GNPAA.009
apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-2015/
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Was this a good idea? Should he have gotten a 2017 one or just settled for a Windows computer?
No.
Literally anything would've been better.
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>mac

Attached: 1528148093257.jpg (1024x768, 164K)

He wants an Apple machine. I don't know why, but this makes him happy. Plus, the 2015 one has no common issues.

Show me one $500 Acer POS with an NVM.e SSD, 16GB of RAM, a CPU that geekbenches 15k multi or better, and dedicated graphics, and I'll tell him to return it.

>appjeet shows up pretending to be OP to defend his gay fruit cult
Cringe.

Attached: download.jpg (238x212, 5K)

No, 2015 models are notorious with their fan profiles. Apple altered them so the fans spin up way too late for the hardware in order to make it a more quiet laptop, but as a result, it will constantly throttle.

>no common issues.

Attached: worse than acer.png (636x727, 137K)

I hate to break this to you user, but your father is gay.

So use Macs Fan Control to make them spin up earlier.

Having to put it on manually is stupid. You have to think about it before doing anything, plus it's an annoyance to do so. Or keep them on at all times which is annoyingly loud.

>bought a cheap eBay MacBook just to take pictures for Jow Forums

Is this how you waste your allowance?

Show me one Throttlebook at any price that can beat a $500 Acer. Protip: You can't.

Attached: throttlebook2017 - Copy.jpg (851x474, 107K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 12.18.50 AM.png (668x346, 47K)

Link the video. Now.

>spend first week out of school on Jow Forums making up bullshit to defend your faceless megacorp fruit cult
Is this how you waste your summer vacation?

acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GNPAA.009
There's a $500 Acer.
apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-2015/
There's a 2015 MacBook Pro.
Notice how the MacBook is better in every way.
Notice how you can use Macs Fan Control to make the fans automatically spin up at a lower temperature so it doesn't throttle.

2012 or bust.

That's barely an improvement over the 2011 one.
>USB3
>slightly faster

What the fuck's the reason to get one

There's a 6600U Acer vs a 7700HQ Shitbook Notice how the Acer is faster in every way with 1/3 the specs. Appjeet street shitter engineers are a fucking joke.

>Microsoft computer that costs more than the MacBook
wat

He should have got a 2017 one and he should change the upgrade cycle to 2 years instead of just using it until it breaks and becomes impossible to sell.

>Pajeetbook "Pro" with 7700HQ gets BTFO by all the other 7700HQ laptops.
KEK
>also gets BTFO by a tablet with a 6600U
TOPKEK
Christ Applel is an embarassment.

>It's getting old, and won't support macOS Mojave, plus it has chronic GPU issues and has already failed once. But the 2016-7 MacBook Pros are bullshit.
The IBM Thinkpad doesn't have this problem.

MacOS is the best alternative to GNU/Linux, but new Apple machines are garbage in terms of build quality and durability.

What about hackintoshed dell XPS? Been thinking about to get this for dual boot with gnu/Linux. Anyone has tried? That looks sooo comfy

2015 was the last great year. How much did he pay for it?

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

This is the most superior laptop. Had one at my old job. The new 2017/18 one I have no is a fucking joke. The top bar of buttons (brightness, volume, etc) is a touch screen. It's fucking trash.

Keep using that Shitpad.

This. Fagbooks were, are, and likely always will be steaming shit.

Your dad fell for the macfag meme, now he;s stuck with an older mac that noone will buy cause it's outdated.
Why would he buy a 3 year old machine, is he a fucking moron? So to answer your question NO it wasn't a good idea.
Neither, he should buy a laptop with Linux and save thousands of dollars, and forget winblowz its shit.

>spend first week out of school on Jow Forums making up bullshit to prove how macbook is worse than literally who laptops
Is this how you waste your summer vacation?

Microsoft is trying to beat apple at their own game with the surface line.
More expensive, with a more cancerous OS and even harder to repair.
Some are literally impossible:
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg

How will mactoddlers ever recover?