Is there really any need for the technology developed in the last 100 years or so? Seems more trouble than it's worth

Is there really any need for the technology developed in the last 100 years or so? Seems more trouble than it's worth.

Attached: amish2.jpg (600x425, 51K)

Antibiotics

Is there like, any need for anything, dude? Woah.

Spend a year in an Amish community and then share your experiences. DO IT FAGGOT! Also read Industrial Society and its Future.

i don't know about you, but I could hardly live without

>internal combustion engines
>vaccines (a big one!)
>boolean logic
>transistors
>anime
>striped socks
>schoolgirl outfits

I just might bro, I don't live far from Lancaster

Attached: amish3.jpg (720x707, 77K)

why are amish allowed to use modern DOT reflective tape?

They wouldn't have to if it weren't for the modern menace.

Attached: amish buggy.jpg (426x239, 42K)

Boolean logics have been around for a looong long time.

Fuck Central PA is so trash I'm sorry you live there OP

do amish women wear pantyhose? thats hot

Cars today are botnet. Horses don't have this problem.

>implying there aren't android horses running around already

>he hasn’t heard of the horspiracy

Invariably leads the development of much more aggressive antibiotic resistant strains.
They also hurt the overall stock of the human race by allowing sickly people to live and procreate whereas nature would have seen it fit for them to die.
>internal combustion
No complaints
>vaccines
Not good for the second reason given for antibiotics.
Decreasing childhood mortality is a terrible target as it results in the survival and propagation of defective off spring.
There is some evidence that vaccines may be associated with auto immune disorders, making healthy children pay the price for sickly ones. Now, I'm not one for antivaxer mom bullshit, most of their concerns regarding autism and mercury are false.
>anime
>striped socks
>schoolgirl outfits
Further evidence of cultural and social degeneration enabled by technology. We've become as livestock. Our minds and bodies have atrophied from not having to use them. Technology isn't inherently evil but there needs to be eugenic mechanisms in place to prevent domestication and dwindling of the stock of the human race. Technology should grant us the wonderful opportunity of purposeful artificial selection, instead we neglect our duty to do this and abuse the privilege of technology to enable the worst of the worst to thrive and propagate their defects unto all.

Agricultural revolution is a mistake.

Who is this programmer motivator?

>being this degenerate

Attached: image.jpg (464x244, 133K)

>whereas nature would have seen it fit for them to die.
Implying "the nature" is somehow good or correct by default.

To survive in the long run mankind needs to colonize other solar systems. Technological progress is mandatory.

The problem currently is that this planets resources are wasted on consumer trash and feeding useless untermensch.

Nature is a process from what anyone of notable intelligence should have gathered from that post, i.e. survival of the fittest, meaning individuals with severe disease (or rather, undesirable mutations leading to disease susceptibility) are more likely to die and humanity later on is less likely to be diseased. After several generations, traits best suited for survival emerge.
It's better than the current system as iterated in the post and, seeing the obvious shortcomings, even proposed guided artificial selection as being superior alternative.
Your solution is to do nothing, which is in fact worse than nature's means of autocorrection for when we go off course.

you're retarded
enjoy plowing the fields all day

>They also hurt the overall stock of the human race by allowing sickly people to live and procreate whereas nature would have seen it fit for them to die.
I wish you were born during the black death

I had a y. pestis infection before and went through the course of it for several weeks and had resolution of lymph node swelling before even having confirmation. It was more virulent then but I think I would have survived it.
Funny that you mentioned the black death-- do you know what happened afterward? The Renaissance. This is no coincidence.

Road safety requirement.

mfw humans will become extinct because they don't live simple like the amish

Attached: terry.jpg (240x240, 11K)

They are not anti-new technology. They use lights on their carriages my man. They are more thoughtful in what technologies they use.

I knew the Amish weren't human.