Attached: file.png (800x261, 21K)

Sucks. Use Mediafire.

Classic botnet

this.

But I need a cloud that werks on Linux and Windows

You just need a browser.

a shadow of its GOAT predecessor

it's like comparing a chiclet keyboard with the IBM model M

Attached: megaupload1250.jpg (1250x500, 67K)

Shit. Because last time I tried it years ago it was buggy as fuck, didnt always properly download stuff and needed an extension.

I also have a lifetime megaupload account. Fucking cia niggers.

no, it's not as convenient.

and how it is botnet when Kim DotCom is the guy behind this?

Also this

"Mega is known for its security feature where all files are encrypted locally before they are uploaded. This prevents anyone (including employees of Mega Limited) from accessing the files without knowledge of the pass key used for encryption"

Mega was bought by the Chinese that rule Australia.

NSA honeypot

this is the main point, but almost no one on Jow Forums really knows what's encryption is about, the vast majority has no clue on technology, but they definitely have clues on how to shitpost

>facepalm
megaupload has nothing to do with mega.
mega is a totally different service.

It's like comparing rapidshare and dropbox.

it's great.

It fills the same role, though. Megaupload/Mediafire/Rapidshare. MF still up and running though, and it's still as good as ever. Mega is annoying as fuck though.

>same founder
>same type of service
>nothing to do with eachother

One the one hand...

>In July 2015, Dotcom said he doesn't trust Mega service in a Q&A session with tech website Slashdot, claims the company had "suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud" and that the New Zealand government seized this investor's shares and now has control of the site. Dotcom encouraged readers not to use it and that he plans to set up a completely open source nonprofit competitor.

On the other hand...

>Mega Ltd. released the source code to their client-side software in 2016 under an own, source available software license on github.com.

This. Dotcom said that Mega was no longer safe, so there's probably a backdoor planted in it by the rogue Chinese. The only real solution OP is for you to set up your own cloud.

Can't complain. A site I seldom visit as an alternative to torrents uses it and I haven't had any problems.

Media fire has severe staff corruption issues
There used to be a moderator who cooperated with a copyright troll (some say they were siblings)
The troll would copy Sims custom content (mods) to his site, claim them as his own, and "report" the original to the corrupt staff member. This resulted in tens of famous Sims modders to quit the game. I'm sorry for the gaymer example, but go to /vg/ and ask /tsg/ about the whole thing.
And the site doesn't work on Firefox

Megaupload was too good for this world. I remember running into a search engine for it and finding all sorts of crazy shit.