Ahhhh!!

So..
>be me, keep hearing about how great pc gaming is, been on console 5 years so I start saving up
>buy 8700k for , overclock it to 5ghz at 1.4v
>buy kraken x51 cooler for
>buy 50 dollar special thermal compound
>Pick up a gaming z370 board
>buy 32gb rgb ram 3200
>buy a 500gb nvme m. 2
>buy a hybrid cooled 1080ti
>Pair it with an acer 165hz 1440p gsync monitor and a corsair gaming mouse and keyboard
>buy a cool looking gaming chair
>setup rgb lights and custom sleeved cables
>buy ghost recon wildlands, load it up and.... 45 fps, graphics look fine, plays okay
>close it try a few more games and they're alright
>watch a YouTube video, power off the pc and go to bed.

Holy shit I just wasted 3 grand. End me.

Attached: 1420449723029-2.png (506x608, 65K)

its not our fault you (over) spent so much on something you have such little need for.

You bought Intel, not us.

>50 dollar compound
How does it feel to be retarded?

So you've been a console peasant for half a decade, and then you wake up one morning buy an overpriced components immediately start overclocking?

Fuck off with your bullshit!

Attached: really faggot.jpg (320x417, 38K)

go away

>buying new pc parts
>complaining about overpaying
look at this tard
I bought only used parts and made a xeon x5660 build with a gtx 780 and 16gb ram with 1tb hdd for under 300 euro
Enjoy your 3000 overpriced meme kiddie build, could have gotten about half the performance for 1/10th of the price

Install your video card drivers?

>buy 50 dollar special thermal compound
ohlol
>buy a cool looking gaming chair
gtfo to /fa/
>setup rgb lights and custom sleeved cables
gtfo to /lgbt/

the age of vidya is over

you've come too late.

>xeon x5660 build with a gtx 780 and 16gb ram with 1tb hdd for under 300 euro
breddy gud

>buy ghost recon wildlands, load it up and.... 45 fps, graphics look fine, plays okay
You're doing something wrong, unless you have the scaling too high. I have the same resolution and card with a 7700k and I'm around 80-100fps. That's with Reshade taking about -10fps.

shitty larp

>wanting to upgrade to threadripper platform after binge watching linus shill tips for the past month
Entertaining as fuck, but I feel like it's gonna cost me.

Good, now sell it to some dumb kid and stop playing games forever.

fuck off to

the problem is you have a gaming PC but you're still playing console games

>conveniently not mentioning the GPU

>buy a hybrid cooled 1080ti

Attached: df588da0bcb8f70.jpg (260x194, 22K)

Depends on how much of it he bought, probably enough for an entire school

A tube of arctic silver 5 will cost $6 and will be fine for 4, maybe 5 applications assuming he doesn't slather it on like shaving foam. There is no reason to spend more money on thermal compound unless you're doing meme-tier shit like liquid metal.

Ye it is
Whenever you see anyone making a build with RGB parts instantly disregard them as underage or gay, and you can really save so much money and make an insanely price/performance value build by just looking around on craigslist if youre in usa or ebay kleinanzeigen here in germany. 99,9% sell their stuff for basically 100% msrp in used condition because my country is ridden with fucking jews but if you look around for listings older than a month you can lowball them pretty hard
(and to be fair my build was without psu and case because i reused the 500w psu and case from my office pc)

i bought a big syringe of thermal grizzly paste. for about $30. will probably last me a lifetime with helping friends and all.

Don't pretend like it's hard to get a basic OC stable. 20 minutes on Youtube will get you that far.

I dont get people like this. Even a 8400/2600 + 16gb ram and a 1070ti would be fine for your setup

>1070ti
not everyone is a fucking peasant on 1080p like you

>overclocking 8700k
>change 2 values in bios
>somehow complicated

More and more gadgets are merging and connecting so having more than 1 device now is a waste now.

until 4k@144hz is a thing, everything that's not 1080p@144hz is a literal meme, especially 1440p

It is, asus just released that monitor

It's not though, yet. Not a true 4k144, bottlenecked by a fucking connector. Wait until HDMI 2.1 is released and implemented.

>It's not though, yet. Not a true 4k144, bottlenecked by a fucking connector
Its got dp1.4 which can do 4k144hz because of the screen type

>HDMI

lmao

Jumping from 12 fps wii to wanting that sweet 60+3 fps increase really?

It's not, but there is no need to overclock it in the first place faggot.

Fucking tumblrinas go back to playing your angry birds on ipad "gamer" faggots

People keep spouting this and yet there is no standard that can push 2160p@144hz without compression other than HDMI 2.1. In addition it will reduce latency, and introduce standardized variable refresh. Unfortunately it hasn't to my knowledge debuted.

Other than that I haven't read anything that indicates HDMI is inferior to any other standard.

Install the graphics drivers faggot.

Unfortunately, an expensive computer doesn't make your brain work better.

1440p is great if you're employed,
144hz is great if you're not.

>being retarded
its not our fault you were born defective