Editors ~

hi,

what editors are you using Jow Forums?

I have been using Emacs for the past 5 years and I have to say, it is very comfy.

Attached: emacs.png (1024x1024, 98K)

I like emacs too user, but I just started using it in the past few weeks. Being that it's fully customizable and extensible, its potential for customization is both daunting and exciting. I'm looking forward to learning e-lisp.

emacs and I don't even code. I do academic work in markdown and LaTeX and it's pretty much got everything I nee.d

now use EXWM

ur a fukn faggot

I use Emacs for certain tasks but it still has no way to get vertical indent lines that aren't broken dashed lines (pipe characters), as far as I can tell. That's what has stopped me from using it 100%.

Attached: Untitled.png (1729x985, 92K)

Emacs (spacemacs). I'm learning clojure so i can leave a cider repl runing and somewhat "extend" elisp functionality with clojure/java libraries. I know i could use just any language trough shell- functions, but cider is so well integrated that writing clojure in emacs is almost as writing with elisp or cl+slime.

Font?

The font is Consolas

I wish some Emacs pro could tell me how I could get indent lines like that, but it seems like Emacs can only use pipe characters which make horribly ugly dashed lines.

emacs, only know the basics tho, I might try configuring it today altho it seems scary.

is that elixir or ruby?

its elixir

If i find emacs on someones comp i do them a favor and throw it out

Attached: 1517945697967.png (591x448, 193K)

I can't get into Emacs, I've tried numerous times, but I just don't like the feel of it. I use vim, but don't really like it that much either. Really haven't fallen in love with any text editor.

Emacs, its comfy but I'm still fairly new so I'm still learning a lot

Emacs. Does anyone know how to fix the font rendering once and for all on GNU/Linux ? I tried tinkering ~/.Xresources like recommended on the internet but it never worked, it is better but not fixed.

Visual Studio, because C++ and C# are where the money at

Attached: IMG_4145.jpg (677x513, 58K)

thats an IDE not an editor u dwimp
dumb frogposter

I really wanna jump to spacemacs, but that comes at the cost of a shitty terminal that doesn't even support zsh. That really was the only deal breaker for me. Vim is what I'm sticking to for now.

i use nvim for not work programming, and VSvim for work programming. I tired getting into emacs but got sidetracked and haven't bothered to get back into it.

>command attempted to use the minibuffer while in the minibuffer

Attached: 1523466833901.png (1755x1257, 42K)

I use emacs for everything except editing text

There's a lot of shit like this that puts me off Emacs, or some arbitrary stack trace for no apparent reason

nano

just try spacemacs. switched to it last year

I have, its still shit

enable recursive minibuffers

vim
because on vim the keybindings at least make sense

Unironically using Visual Studio for everything I do