How good is openPepe compared to real Linux?

how good is openPepe compared to real Linux?

Attached: pepe.png (2000x1250, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opensuse-guide.org/
disk.yandex.ru/a/AiJ17KXe3WRfJL/5b05c88e5d8e1429bcc3dc19
github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/183#issuecomment-292841043
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

see

I don't know

What do you mean by real Linux? Besides Red Hat/CentOS and Debian openPEPE is probably the only real non meme Linux distro.

It's just like Fedora only better and more enterprisey.

It will be a shit experience ootb bitte after installing codecs and configuring the system for a freundlichen hours it Just werks.

RHEL/Debian > OpenSUSE > Fedora > everything but Gentoo > Gentoo.

luckily codecs are ez one click install yes
opensuse-guide.org/

wtf i love openPEPE now

wew. But what about the fonts?

disk.yandex.ru/a/AiJ17KXe3WRfJL/5b05c88e5d8e1429bcc3dc19

using tumbleweed for a while now and it's unironically the best distro i had in the past few years.

what about them?
you can configure autohinting and antialias and lcdfilter(?) etc with yast

Leap is great for work laptops where you want stability, Timbleweed is great for desktop. Also I like how easy it is to setup Btrfs with snapshots, so if you mess something up or whatever you can boot into a snapshot and just revert the changes and you're good to go. And they're THE KDE distro. Btrfs snapshotting, easy setup of FDE and KDE are the things that got me to openSUSE and I've really liked all of it.

Linux is a kernel.

OpenPepe is Linux Eurostan Edition. Pretty sure the euro fags love it for some reason

Please explain.

How is the Mate desktop on opensusie? I might give it a try since my ubuntu install got all fucked up

>bitte
>freundlichen
German phone poster

Installing the Openpussboy right now. Booted from the live cd and its all slow as fuck. Like 2 second lag after clicking anything. It took like a fucking hour to install 3 GB of shit. I dont know why the install is so incredibly slow

It takes like 5 minutes to boot up, no joke. I experienced no more lag than on any other KDE though.

Went back to ubuntu because of how shitty pepe was. After about 10 minutes almost done full ubuntu install. Not to even mention the disgusting font rendering on the suse

Linux is a kernel.

Font is easy to fix but I have no fucking idea why they wouldn't enable font aliasing out of the box. Well good on you, I don't think you'll be missing anything by going Ubuntu over PEPE. The main difference is that PEPE comes with tons of sysadmin type of apps for shit like backups and networking, which isn't useful for an average consumer.

Works on my machine ®©™

>patches the Firefox thumbnail shit out of the box
>most shit is 1 click installation
>KDE puts out a little panel notification
>you click it for system updates
>YaST makes system configuration piss easy
>battery life is great and all drivers work out of the box
I have no real complaints.

Attached: 35f6eea5648717cbc0299481e0f35a85--wallpapers-phones.jpg (540x960, 40K)

Linux is a kernel

Upgrade your Pentium, grandpa.

All you said is true, except for the drivers - openSUSE does some really weird shit with the Intel HD4000 graphics on my laptop.

show me your riced openpepe

Attached: 1491503977536.png (602x500, 43K)

With i3 and such, pretty solid.
Way better than Ubuntu.

not an argument

What laptop? My X230 has Intel HD4000 graphics as well and it works fine.

same problem

Same as this guy, seems to work flawlessly for me.

it was alright i guess. kinda some little quirks that made it difficult to make work with some other distro specific things, but besides that tumbleweed was alright.
still don't get yast, but have since jumped back to a more familiar distro.
it's installed on a hard drive still, so might go back if a new spare machine makes its way to me again.

X230, multimonitor setup with dock. KDE keeps freezing unless I turn off opengl compositing, and trying to switch to TTYs while the laptop is docked results with a blank screen.

this
but in reverse

github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/183#issuecomment-292841043
assuming their freetype is 2.7 and later

Linux installation help?

Im trying to install Debian on Hyper-V and cant get wifi working.
I made an internal switch and connected my VM to it in network settings and made an external switch and shared it with internal but i can't get wifi, any one know whats up?

let me get this straight. you installed something after you saw it worked like crap and then couldn't wait to install another?

After you fix the fonts, make it so you double click to open files, and remove the horrible KDE task bar drop shadow, it becomes very nice.

Not as good as pic related

Attached: iM59R8m.png (359x538, 131K)

OpenPepe is free version of PePE enterprise

If it is good enough for walmart - it is good for you

Not him but they also had some problems. I'm not sure what it was but would just freeze randomly, but that's not so much an issue for me. The biggest problem I had was with my dedicated GPU. The program would always crash. So I moved back to Fedora