/wt/ - Watch Thread: Tudor Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches and horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=uPnTOcCEugU

>Other Recommended Watch Media
soundcloud.com/twobrokewatchsnobs
shoutengine.com/WatchAndListen/
hodinkee.com
youtube.com/user/watchfinder

>Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=CtGfhSqj68k

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Essential Pieces of a Watch:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread

Attached: tudor (3).jpg (1500x1027, 273K)

I fucking hate that cuck.

Archie has some of the best advice anyone can get when it comes to high quality time pieces.

Basically:

>buy a Rolex sports watch or a Omega MOTFM or kill yourself
>also give your citizens, bulovas and seikos to the guy who mows your grass

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-11-03-at-11.56.11-AM[1].png (674x240, 15K)

>unlabelled axes

Attached: -.jpg (333x378, 23K)

Well you just failed the IQ test.

I haven't watched Archie for about 3 years, has he changed?

Attached: Archie bingo.png (1334x1334, 202K)

Attached: Adobe_20180606_112912__01.jpg (1959x785, 262K)

Posts wrist shots taken in yout car.

Attached: IMG_20180606_093442.jpg (4160x3120, 3.39M)

I place 'affordable' divers as all the non-MM divers, all the ones with 7S or cheap solar movements. All the ones that have slid seiko's reputation with iffy finishing, misaligned chapter rings, and slowly declining movement quality.

It's not that they've made bad watches, but when you look at both samurais, the sumo, the god-forsaken monster, and even the poor 007 and turtle, you can very easily see the compromises taken and the flaws apparent.
Regarding the Samurai, the 1st version had badly finished lugs and the titanium was easily scratched, but the dial didn't fade too horribly and the 7S used was still somewhat robust. Ver 2 has worse finishing, a crown that sticks out oddly withing the guards, and the 4R just seems like a slightly lower quality version of what the late 90s 7S was as the 7S was relegated to the malay machine made bottom barrel. But the ver 2 Samurai's dial and bezel look great and of the ones I've seen, probably 80%+ have good chapter rings.

IMO, the Stargate 1 was the last watch they actually gave a fuck about start-to-finish and this is apparent in its overall quality and lack of fickle compromises.

And for some reason, they are content to keep on keeping on with the SPB051 and the 061 with the crummy monster handset and overcharging for what is the currently best version of their cheapest automatic movement architecture.

Attached: 5193RG-tGSL.jpg (346x500, 44K)

Attached: 20180413_184518[1].jpg (1836x3264, 1.38M)

You forgot "winner winner chuckun dinnur".

>2018
>youtubers
>listening to plutard

Attached: IMG_5303.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Archie wears glasses that look similar to what a triggered feminist would wear.

About to order my skx007, but I'm still not sure if it'll be too big

Should I just play it safe and get the skx013?

Just don't buy a Seiko you fucking cunt.

Attached: 1522808709334.jpg (637x637, 64K)

>he's triggered

Attached: 1515945521231.jpg (2526x1956, 1.33M)

Every time I see this fat fuck I wish he'd have a stroke already. Not just us he nasty to look at his voice is grating to listen too, compounding his shit opinions.

Attached: 20171119_072321.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

Im looking for something casual that will look good with a leather band (no dive watches) I also dont want something thats as thick as a gshock.

Ive narrowed it down to a Tissot V8 or a Seiko 5. I dont want to spend a fortune because this will be my daily so it will get a roughed up in no time.

SARB033

Finally bought a strap for my watch, a slim one like the user said on the other thread, now looks pretty cool.

Attached: QOPWEQW''0.jpg (916x1632, 333K)

Got a gold solid link bracelet for the gold Citizen. Can't take a picture now because I destroyed my chinkphone in a fit of rage after the battery went dead on me again. Now I have a $20 dumbphone and I'm not even sure I want to buy another botnet phone with a one day battery life anymore.

Work has been kinda shitty nowadays, I keep realizing how awful people are. Customers keep pushing me around, or threatening to report me to consumer protection when I declare their flooded shitter unsalvageable. I heard last week a customer was screaming at the girls because I'm not in the shop on fucking a Sunday and they can't give his watch out (that's job is mine and mine only to prevent any fuckups). So they tried calling me but my phone was dead (one of the reasons I wrecked my phone, I couldn't leave it alone for a day without it dying), and this turned out to be a huge problem, that I can't be reached for any kind of emergency on my ONE day off. Since Saturday is a workday for me, and I'm on the road to the parts supplier on Mondays. And when my shift ends at 18:00 I still have lazy dumbfucks BEGGING me for service at 18:30, and like a fucking beta loser I cave in EVERY FUCKING TIME.

TL;DR: I'm miserable, I hate technology, I hate shitter watches and I hate people.

Attached: IMG_20180228_131932.jpg (3264x2448, 1.38M)

I really like them but its a little dressy. I already have shit quartz that fits that role.

unsubscribe

I have like 3 smartphones that I don't use laying around user.

I might give you one

I just need to learn how to stop letting myself be pushed around, and stop caving in to everything just for the sake of keeping the peace. I don't take conflict too well.

Nah, I'm sick of them. You wind a forty year old Raketa and it goes for 40 hours, but a new $400 phone lasts 12 on a full charge, partly because all the background bloat botnet shit. It's getting fucking ridiculous.

Attached: IMG_20180606_134721.jpg (1920x2560, 1.77M)

What Seiko 5 are you looking at?

/cykablyat/

Attached: 20180302_160529.jpg (2350x3134, 3.59M)

Hope I don't have to wait much longer for mine, it's currently in Saint Petersburg.

>Australia will be charging 10% on ALL foreign bought goods as of next month
just kill me now

Is that a meranom bezel?

hello boys

Attached: IMG_20180606_210109.jpg (2976x2821, 2.57M)

Yeah, that's why he started buying and defending IWC's and TAG HUEHUE's of all fucking things. Archie's a marketing cuck who has been reduced to sucking shitter dick for bail money. LMAO

That sounds pretty fair if it's just a flat fee desu, what was it before? Import taxes in some countries are retardedly high.

Unless you mean 10% even on like a $2 Ali Express shitty item from China.

It's from AM watches.

It was 10% on orders >$1000, now its everything. Even $2 items from China. There's absolutely no reason behind it, its purely lobbied for and implemented by Gerry Harvey and his mates in the liberal party, so that his retail monopoly can keep ripping people off with government protection against the free market.

>the 4R just seems like a slightly lower quality version of what the late 90s 7S was as the 7S was relegated to the malay machine made bottom barrel
I've never heard this one before. Why would you think that the 7Sxx is materially worse than it used to be, or that the 4Rxx isn't a significant improvement over it?

>SBDC051
Those are priced on the level of external finishing they receive, not the movement. Their cases and bracelets are made by the same Seiko division that makes some of Grand Seiko cases, and, as I recall there is even a bit of spinning tin disk polishing done to them. Models in that SARx/SBDx tier are all designed around offering levels of external finishing usually found in much more expensive watches at a cheaper price point by using a cheaper movement.

>It was 10% on orders >$1000, now its everything.
That's fucking crazy that it was that lax but I guess it's because you guys are in a situation where you have to import a bunch of shit so it makes sense.

New rules sound shit tbqh.

Most of my wrist shots are taken in the car.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180412_154210.jpg (2072x2073, 2.29M)

How big is your wrist? The lug to lug on the SKX isn't that long.

Nice Citizens and you have my sympathies in dealing with bullshit.

Its because 75% of products of almost any kind are not available here. This new law is just fucking consumers so that 25% of overpriced retail can continue to be as overpriced as it is

>Nice Citizens
I have a few.

Attached: IMG_20171107_155115.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

This meme will never ever take off. I totally get why people like seikos but they are decidedly unmanly as is the decision process in buying one.

бpaтья

Attached: straight.jpg (1280x768, 219K)

>rolex

Attached: IMG_5723.jpg (1200x803, 134K)

>seiko

Attached: IMG_5724.png (640x272, 209K)

Toвapищ

Attached: 713F4D78-DB06-472E-B95B-707A6F3077C7.jpg (2448x2448, 1M)

>inb4 shitty original Soviets bracelet
I’m upgrading it with pic related soon

Attached: 6FFBA670-2C84-41FF-8B2D-1A5F3C3AA3AF.jpg (513x958, 524K)

fuck bro that is a sexy 960

God I love those old dials. I upgraded my 960 bracelet as well but i gotta swap the dial out.

On a side note can we stop all this anti Seiko anti Swiss shitpost competition. They both make excellent watches.

Attached: Chinklock.jpg (1280x768, 218K)

Reminder that meme related has been officially endorsed by legitimate gun owners.

Attached: guns watches.png (5388x1620, 2.67M)

>Not comparing a BOCTOK to the AK.

>mechanical movement
>still as functionally relevant today as gas-operated rotating bolt

HET

Attached: glock shock.png (1078x645, 712K)

>Jap watch
>Soviet weapon

Why? Why not the obvious watch choice?

>national provenance is more important than merits
no

the m1 also has a gas operated rotating bolt. The AK uses a long stroke gas piston which is most assuredly outdated and not functionally relevant today. The Amphibia is the AK of the watch world you pleb.

Good morning wt

Attached: 20180606_085714-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 1.51M)

Stop feeding his shitty bait (You)s. He's doing it on purpose to troll. Everyone goddamn well knows which watch is the AK of watches.

Attached: 1526289675298.png (1122x1186, 680K)

Imagine seeing a lanky nerdy faggot in the subway taking a pic of his own cheap watch, kek.

>the m1 also has a gas operated rotating bolt.
And?

>The AK uses a long stroke gas piston
Yes and no. Gases are vented after like an inch of travel which suggests short-stroke, but the piston stays attached throughout which suggests long stroke.

> long stroke gas piston which is most assuredly outdated
No. Plenty of modern guns still use long-stroke, even ones that were very recently designed like the Tavor.

>The Amphibia is the AK of the watch world you pleb.
It's more like the Mosin Nagant 91/30; Russian, crudely made and functionally obsolete.

Nice doublepenis

You took a wrist shot while standing on the fucking subway lol. Well anyway have a nice gloomy day m8

Tavor is based on the AK is not that recently designed and that does not make it modern. A new mauser pattern bolt action designed last year is not a modern design. Also you are a retard and wills top being fed

>not that recently designed
Lmao, stop squirming.

>Everyone
People who actually own guns disagree.

Gas yourself

I just ordered pic related to add a chrono to my collection. That Seagullanon better not have memed me into buying a total shitter.

Attached: Screenshot_20180606-141229_Google.jpg (1439x2102, 1.01M)

I own guns and think you are retarded

Next time, BEFORE you get emotionally invested in an argument, ask yourself "do I actually know enough about this topic to take a position either way?".
It'll save you from future embarrassment.

Post guns, and post your reasons why.

Its a piece of shit Israeli gun designed in the 90s based on piston designs from the 30's and 40's. Sure its a bullpup but I wouldn't call it a modern battle rifle.

Because your argument is retarded and I too believe the amphibia would be a better comparison to an AK

Attached: 762.jpg (1213x767, 135K)

>Its a piece of shit Israeli gun designed in the 90s based on piston designs from the 30's and 40's
Stop squirming.
In terms of guns, being released in the early 2000s is as modern as it gets; see the FN2000, HK416, etc.

Many service rifles today are much older (incl. M16), and a large portion have long-stroke piston designs; like the FNC, SG 550, RK 62, ...

>I wouldn't call it a modern battle rifle
That's because it's not a battle rifle.

>no timestamp
>possible airshit
>zero arguments

Try better.

When will divers go out of fashion? If they never existed and someone designed one today they would be laughed at.

hk416 is far lighter and more modern using a short stroke gas piston system and is not at all comparable to a tavor.

no guns detected

Attached: Calibers.jpg (1167x591, 155K)

Wristlet detected

@66242670
Gas yourself for trying so hard to bait people into retarded off topic arguments.

>hk416 is far lighter
HK416 with 16" barrel: 7.85 lbs
Tavor with 18" barrel: 7.21 lbs
Stop talking out your ass.

Also you missed the point by a metric fuckmile.

>wristwatch comparison
>off topic
Fuck off.

Getting literal chinkshit instead of getting superior Soviet history, aesthetics and mechanical reliability for less money.

Attached: 3C21B83C-DE72-4039-9B0E-4D21F415E641.jpg (3264x2448, 2M)

Well i mis-remembered that one point but the more important point of the technical difference between the two which was the basis of the argument is a point you ignored you brainlet.

Not him but you can get this beauty for less than seagull now.

Isn't it pretty difficult not to get a Ukrainian franken with those though?

>technical difference between the two
What about it?

*can't

> If they never existed and someone designed one today they would be laughed at.
Obviously, because now these """tool watches""" are useless since we have dive computers. But in the past even if they didn't exist, someone was going to make them anyway: water resistant timekeeping technology was needed.
>When will divers go out of fashion?
When Rolex,Omega,Seiko and any other very popular brands that make this type of watches will go out of fashion/stop existing, maybe. Therefore, they never will, at least in the next century(?).

Same here, I actually stopped scrolling to check this thread out from recognizing that crazy dude who does luxury watch reviews. Really took me back to old Jow Forums

Attached: anigif_enhanced-buzz-25260-1411399103-7.gif (500x418, 885K)

All the Sturmanskies I can see are more expensive by a fair amount. Also the 1963 is new, not used.

>The absolute state of no guns

Any recommendations for my dad? I want get him a proper watch. Nothing fancy, just something that is an actual watch and not a piece of shit watch shaped object like he usually wears (pic related)
He is 60 and never owned a decent watch.

Attached: s-l300 (1).jpg (230x300, 13K)

I dont own one but I think a sarb 033 would probably fit the bill

They continue to make them because people still buy. Surprised they remain so popular. I appreciate the historical significance but not the aesthetics

Budget? If he's 60, then maybe one of those unbranded stowa/tissel fliegers for ease of reading.

Nice watch but the money would be wasted on him. Probably just go for the trusty Seiko 5

How good are Seagull clones of Unitas 6497/8 movements?