I need a cloud that has a client works on Windows and Linux

I need a cloud that has a client works on Windows and Linux.

Recommend me one Jow Forums!

Attached: file.png (307x255, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/odeke-em/drive
aur.archlinux.org/packages/onedrive/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dropbox
github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AWS?

Nextcloud
Or any cloud that supports WebDAV or FTP

Seafile

Google Drive has integration in GNOME.

your own

Host an owncloud instance or skip the cloud altogether and use syncthing. Don't give your data to somebody else.

Google drive: doens't have a client just a CLI tool github.com/odeke-em/drive though GNOME and KDE you can view it as a remote folder
Onedrive: same deal, aur.archlinux.org/packages/onedrive/
Dropbox: well supported wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dropbox
Box: fuck is this?
Megasync: has a Linux client

GOD TIER
Host your own nextcloud. As easy as getting a cpanel shared hosting using softacous or whatever the installer script is and BAM. Like three clicks.

owncloud is pretty decent solution, running it for two years with no probems

yeah but I am a bit concerned about the back ups.
big companies have back up strategies and multiple servers for that?

I could set up a old Laptop as a server, but that's it.

Dropbox is the easiest option.

>Spoonfeeding botnet solutions

Nextcloud or gtfo. I host it on my raspberry pi and it’s pretty good.

This.

Self hosted Nextcloud. I'm never going back to proprietary cloud.

Nextcloud is a improved fork of owncloud.

What do you need back up for? If you have your files synced on both server and at least one computer you won't lose any data unless both fail at the same time.

For Google Drive I've used github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse
You set up/auth it from CLI but it mounts a filesystem into a folder of your choice (i.e. ~/Drive/) and is transparent.

Mega.nz is where its at yo. 50 GB for free but dont trust the encryption. Encrypt all your stuff server side before uploading anything.

>Encrypt all your stuff
inconvenient

> Nextcloud is a improved fork of owncloud.
How so

I use MEGA across all OSes, 50gb free too

Chinese
Nextcloud > Owncloud, and Cryptomator > SyncThing
No encryption & closed source
This is probably fine but what about uptime and what if internet sucks in your area?
You probably need version control to have a decent backup otherwise you just sync corruption to all other places. This is why RAID1 isn't a good backup strategy.
Is it open source?
I believe more developers went to Nextcloud than Owncloud and it's more actively developed.

>No encryption & closed source
Do you mean like in the file transfer or for the files? Because wouldn't you preferably encrypt the files yourself so you can be sure nobldy else can access them? And yes, it's closed source which is a bummer, but like I said, with the client for Windows and Linux, it's the easiest option if you want to keep your files in sync between multiple systems.

For the files. Yea you could encrypt yourself but what would you use for that and how well does it work with Dropbox?

Linux is a kernel.

Pick the one you hate the least and use rclone on linux.

do you have to run a command every time to encrypt/decrypt/sync or is there some automatic way to rclone?

Yeah but nothing stop you from writing a script to make rclone do what you want and setup a cron job with it.

So practically speaking, if you have a file you want to move from 1 PC to another, you'd have rclone setup on both and run two commands? Or more?

Lets say you're using onedrive and you uploaded a file from your smartphone to the repo and now you want it on both your windows and linux pc, the windows side is already covered by the onedrive integration and for linux you'll use a command like
rclone sync Onedrive-remote: ~/Onedrive
Add or remove arguments depending on your needs, personally i have --exclude "notes" to avoid problems with onenote.

>Is it open source?
the client is

I personally haven't used any encryption, I store my school work there so it's handy to be able to edit them online and to see the change history. But searching online there seems to be a ton of options. One I saw being discussed was using the Vaults (I know of them from KDE), store the vault on Dropbox and you can easily "attach" it when you need it opened.

mega.nz worked for both linux and windows for me. i think it has mac client, too.

fappeningcloud

the only acceptable answer

don't sync files on a Linux desktop until the kernel is patched (sometime soon hopefuly)

Linux is a kernel

colonel*

For what? Backups? Projects in development? Shared files? What the fuck is this vague question and why the fuck are fags answering

Why not?