Why is this still allowed?

Would it kill them to use a picture of a Flash drive instead of the same save file button from like 1995? Kids nowadays saving their school paper in Word who've never used, um...older forms of storage technology are probably all like "That's a real funny looking Flash drive there."

Attached: save file icon.png (200x200, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/46061689
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does a flash drive look like?

It won't be nearly as iconic as the floppy disc.

It's a rectangle with a little square sticking out of one end with easily recognizable markings on the square bit.

Draw one

I did many school reports on PC Write with a 386 laptop and saved them to said older storage media. Their problem, not mine.

>"That's a real funny looking Flash drive there."
Nah, kids just think that's the symbol for save, like two pieces of paper meaning copy. When seeing an actual floppy, they just think it's "save".

Attached: drive.png (280x266, 7K)

That's a USB symbol, you'll need to pay a license fee for each copy of your software you sell

>older forms of storage technology

You didn't know what it was, did you?

Unless they enlist in the Air Force and have to use 8" floppies which are somehow still used by missile solos.

What brand of laptop was it?

A GRiD 1660 like this guy's.

warosu.org/g/thread/46061689

The one guy is full of shit; it doesn't have a proprietary OS. It's a vanilla 386SX architecture.

>8" floppies which are somehow still used
Still used until 2030 or something. Unbelievable.

BTW, they get their disks from Athana, who I think are the only remaining sauce of 8" and 5.25" media unless maybe China and of course the US military isn't going to buy them from there.

Why can't I save my document to this bluetooth dongle?!

The government likes using floppy disks for security reasons.

Attached: storagewars__diskette_vs_sdcard___i_am_your_father_by_rjace1014-d9kjlrw.png.jpg (1191x670, 135K)

Either show Darth Diskette as an 8" floppy or get out.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 11.23.46 PM.png (1074x838, 469K)

The guy who made the cartoon is probably a 30 year old who never used anything but 1.44MB disks.

Soon this will replace it.

Attached: cloud.png (512x512, 14K)

The day I will stop using computers.

Floppy disk-free "save" icons are gaining popularity. The most common variety seem to be a down arrow and a hard disk/folder.

Attached: Creative-Save-Icons-Collection.jpg (585x384, 55K)

*hard disk/folder/tray

Attached: images.png (225x225, 5K)

How about a 5.25" floppy save icon? I could dig that.

> Would it kill them to use a picture of a Flash drive instead
Probably, if you make pointless changes which disrupt users workflow then people will rightly stop using your product, If my grandmother had to call me because she can’t figure out how to save I would be irritated.
> "That's a real funny looking Flash drive there."
No you mongoloid, they think “thats a save button”. Using a flash drive doesn’t even make sense, who is regularly saving work to a usb anymore, cloud storage or to disk is the norm.
And USBs are used for wifi-dongles, wireless mice etc, which all look exactly the same.
Utter incompetence.
Those are literal download icons.
I recommend suicide, your honour is irrecoverable.

The current state of Jow Forums ladies and gentlemen
OP please don't forget to kill yourself

>Those are literal download icons.
They are marketed as "save" icons and are used for saving.

Attached: inkscape.png (190x116, 12K)

>not using the shortcut

uhhhhh user...
a usb & flash drive are the same thing....

>icon for saving money
>icon for saving water

It should probably be something like the database symbol. Making it look like an actual device is just going to be confusing unless you already know it as a convention.
What a lot of programs do now is just have the word "save" and not use any symbol at all. I guess that makes the most sense in the end since who the hell is going to be using something like PowerPoint in a language they don't understand well enough to find that.

Attached: database-symbol_318-9131.jpg (618x626, 26K)

I know you're trolling, but he's right, the USB logo is a trademark you have to pay to use. Unfortunately 's flash drive image needs the logo to really make the flash-drive connection.

You have an icon for saving water, downloading messages and saving money, which I’m sure is tagged as “save” but aren’t relevant to desktop software, the rest seem to be for web-apps(you can tell because they look shit and cost a dollar)where saving to disk and downloading are the same thing. You have provided a better example in the reply, bit I stand by my initial statement.

>If only we had a conventional symbol for save, like we do for databases
Oh boy am I going to make your day

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1600, 152K)