Are you fucking kidding hahaha

are you fucking kidding hahaha

Attached: yeees right.png (637x505, 58K)

And people really buy into that shit.

Doesnt gitlab use google servers vs Azure servers? So essentially you are trading one evil overlord for another.

Jow Forums is smart, totally not falling for the botnet

> Implying GitLab wasn't already the better choice for being free software
This was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

> Microsoft is not what it was 10 years ago

Yeah it's much worse

Can't wait for them to accidentally inject """telemetry""" into every code base

gitlab uses whatever server you selfhost it on, you fucking brainlet

You don't even know what telemetry is for.

Here we go.

This is hilarious.
Microsoft is like that annoying fat kid who suddenly decided to hang with the cool kids and tries to mix in obnoxiously only to ruin it for everyone.

Attached: 1528143420189.jpg (504x566, 90K)

This
Microsoft has actually become more evil now

(((telemetry)))

>oh noes Microsoft is going to own my vim and mpv config files
There's a 99% chance you morons have no reason to uploading your data to any of these services. Also, hosting gitlab yourself doesn't stop then from harvesting every bit of info about your usage.

nah they already do that with their compiler

Microsoft should be split in 4 for what they did to Nokia.

>dimitry the rusky sjwhub collaborator
>we are real people
lol no

>patents all possible code that was formerly foss

Nothing personnel sirs

>hosted on Microsoft Azure

Microsoft saved Nokia by overpaying for the failing mobile phone side of things.

It's anonymous usage reports.

Basic telemetry is like an opened program, a crashed program, how long it's open for, etc.

Yeah, I guess they can sell that data, but it's anonymous and would be far more useful for internal statistics.

Gitlab also seems to have somthng to do with the microsoft botnet as it is hosted on microsoft azure

GitLab was hosted on Microsoft Azure like 3 days ago.

So tons of businesses. Enterprises wouldn't risk it if Microsoft was looking at the data, hence why telemetry was left out of Enterprise and Server W10 editions.

Plus you would think just one of the people who work with Azure would expose them instead of talking about how tight the regulations around it are.

you can host gitlab yourself

you didn't audit the code -- the fuck do you know?
you OK with your network being used when you're not using it?
you've seen MS code, text editor is a memory hog etc --
you really think they can track how long you have a program open without affecting performance? lmao

What are you talking about? Are seriously you implying that the metal software runs on affects you somehow at all? You guys just find something to bitch about no matter what unless its running in stallmans basement on openrisc and all free software or something ridiculous.

that's why i do my best tp turn it off

I know what the telemetry is used and I still think it's BS. With all the layers of middle management at companies that size, people will just abuse the data to try and prove whatever point they want (a million people accidentally clicked the start menu ads, that means we need to increase built-in advertising!) Without talking to actual customers and just resorting to spying on them, the telemetry data is just noise. I remember when MS knew how to actually run a real user study.

>here's your github bro

Attached: 1501512378746.jpg (1704x1136, 228K)

>unless its running in stallmans basement on openrisc and all free software
where do i sign up?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nimszn3Xft1t98at1.gif (400x226, 1011K)

Gitlab still uses Azure.

Attached: KEK.jpg (691x830, 81K)

>Are seriously you implying
fuck off pajeet

>>>>>>>>>>>hosting on someone elses computer

you probably promote dropbox too, faggot

The poor bastard at MS that greenlit that purchase is regretting it immensely. They basically purchased an apartment building that is 99% burnt to the ground.

Gitlab uses whatever server you host it on. Welcome to the world of freedom.

>running someone else's code on your computer
yikes the state of gitlab fags

Can't wait for actual arguments against Microsoft owning github instead of pointless FUD.

Is 4chanx ruined now?

Sure, they still utilize Azure for their actual cloud services though. You can self host, you can also self host on github, so what you're stating is irrelevant.

He is right about one thing. Microsoft isn't what it was 10 years ago.

>Microsoft is not what it was 10 years ago
the hell he meant with this

selfhosting on github is neither open source nor gratis

>not using your selfcoded os
>on hardware you didnt design and build yourself
the absolute state of neo-Jow Forums

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft starts "moderating" github and removing projects that could be "damaging" to their brand or products...

better make sure everyone has backups of the stuff they use to wrangle Windows, etc. to disable telemetry, ads, and other stupid "features".

You also did not audit any other code yet you have no problem with that.
You remove something specifically called telemetry and you think you are smart? lmao.

I never thought this would be the current year.

Attached: 1528135291446.png (1583x720, 164K)

Just a mirror.

i don't understand why people flock to this 'cloud' shit, what do they even do that standard subversion doesn't? do these cunts really just not know how to set up a repo

>do these cunts really just not know how to set up a repo
They do. It's just git init after all.