Unironically, why the fuck do you use Windows?

Unironically, why the fuck do you use Windows?

It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Linux, fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches, malware, viruses and bugs that one other person on the planet has experienced.

Are you making money from Windows? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?

The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you using Windows. Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.

Attached: somethin-happened-failed.jpg (1200x630, 47K)

Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?

It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows, fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches, malware, viruses and bugs that one other person on the planet has experienced.

Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?

The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you using Linux.. Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.

>Are you making money from Windows? Is it saving you time?
Yes. Yes. 100% of the reason I use windows over linux.
If you think that people will use linux en masse when it takes so much time and effort to install, learn, use, and find software for, you are delusional. Its the very reason that people don't like CLI. Yes YOU know how to use CLI more efficiently and it makes you money, but you didnt come flying out the womb knowing these things, dont pretend like you did.
Also, obligatory link (which I cant post, google "Major Linux Problems on the Desktop, 2018 edition")

>Linux
>fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches, malware, viruses and bugs
This time OP was less of a faggot than you

Attached: 1524781019272.jpg (512x512, 56K)

IT JUST WERKS

>Are you making money from Windows?
Yes, my tools are also avail on macos but I don't care enough to make the switch.
> Is it saving you time?
Also yes.
>Is it improving your life in some way?
And finally yes.

I'm a big boy and like to play my games. And it just werks. Nothing personnel, nerd.

I don't like using Linux because of an obscure glitch that only I have.

Attached: 344be1bb97b7f11b6ca28d078d3fcbc8d07735a8.png (458x650, 253K)

Pro tools and ableton. Linux and Mac have better audio drivers, but it sucks trying to use wine to run audio applications. The new windows 10 audio drivers suck and that's why I'm running Windows 7.

Attached: 20180425_093039.jpg (4032x3024, 3.71M)

Well report it and see if you get help.

unironically, why do you give a fuck

You must be really trying to disappoint your parents even more.

Better HiDPI support than pretty much any Linux distro.

I did, I posted about it a couple different times in 3-4 sqt threads and I didn't get help, so then I went to ((reddit)), and got no help, so then I joined a discord server in the reddit (really scraping the bottom of the barrel here) and all I got was "well, according to the source code, nobody really knows why it happens"

Attached: b99e4ff1d2690d4575a3d07d0155949a266fe81b.jpg (1600x2200, 233K)

Honestly it's a fucking toss up these days. Windows and Mac seem to be getting more terrible and Linux is the same clusterfuck it's always been. There's no obvious choice anymore, pick your poison.

Fixing problems and dealing with obscure glitches and bugs is part of the Linux experience. Malware only happens if you run random scripts or use snap packages though.

Yeah I told them I would major in computer science, but get an associates on audio engineering. They pay for university and I work for the associates and go to community college. I built a studio out of two garden sheds, and record shitty indie bands for $300 every week. I'm just polishing turds.

Attached: x1ou0zmc24z01.png (402x344, 54K)

Because I want to get shit done and don't want to buttfuck with the product that is supposed to get shit done.

>Fixing problems and dealing with obscure glitches and bugs is part of the Linux experience. Malware only happens if you run random scripts or use snap packages though.
In my own experience windows has been a lot more painful to use regarding this topic than linux, just saying.

>Have a 1080 laptop
>Windows recommends 125% scaling for the laptop's screen
>some programs look blurry
>ok no problem
>connect external monitor with different scaling
>More than half of the programs look strange and blurry
>restart, programs look right again
>work with the monitor
>must go somewhere else
>Disconnect monitor
>More than half of the programs look strange and blurry on the laptop
>mfw must restart each time i connect a monitor with different scaling
Yeah, if programs looking blurry and half of the OS looking like shift if you dare to connect an external monitor is your definition of good HiDPI support then i guess you're right.

This

0 games on linux

I use Windows to play some games that I have not managed to run well under wine yet. That's literally it. Don't even commit it the internet unless I have to.

repetitive, unoriginal, retarded

welcome to the new 4chin for stupid millenials

kek

Attached: 1520896718921.jpg (521x433, 33K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518298101485.jpg (543x779, 101K)

hi OP

I have poker software that helps with tracking hands that wont work on linux.

Fuck of retard, we don't call houses Wood/Houses or cars Steel/Cars

>t. mactoddler

Attached: 1528234239742.jpg (1000x1243, 339K)

Windows is used by millions of brainlet normies just fine. A fresh install is basically guaranteed to work, yet even in 2018 it's a crapshoot if your wlan and gpu drivers will work right on Linux.

Tux racer is the only game you need.

Get the best DE.
Be productive.
Don't stay there 4 hours getting wifi to work and touch monitor.

Install WSL. I got both.

>Unironically, why the fuck do you use Windows?
I use Windows so I can play video games. what else am I going to do when I am banished to my cuckshed while my wife spends some alone time with her bull? play fortnite and post in speccy threads of course.

That's bullshit mate, the other responder is right, normies can use Windows and as much as I love Linux it can be very buggy.

I use Windows because of software compatibility. Plus Windows doesn't irreversibly break when I update my video drivers.

Music and movie production
Games
Game programming

Does it happen on other machines? Did you compile it yourself? If it's so hard to reproduce it may be a fringe bug with your memory or the compiler's fault.
Either way, I'm sorry that you've had such a hard time, user.

Attached: 1498026128469.jpg (319x331, 13K)

>blog post
[ OK ]

>Unironically, why the fuck do you use Windows?
Device support, application support. Everything "just works" with Windows, and exceptions are rare enough that you can safely blame the hardware if something goes wrong.

>It's so pointless.
That's why it's on nearly all desktops and laptops.

>All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Linux,
Yeah, like vertical/custom apps, LOB programes, and of course, games. Go get them for Linux easily. Backcompat is something Linuxland has never been good at.

>fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches,
You mean those things that a reinstall fixes? Takes 10 minutes these days.

>malware, viruses
PEBKAC, not the OS.

>and bugs that one other person on the planet has experienced.
Yes, and considering how many billions of Windows users, it just proves how rare weird problems are.

>Are you making money from Windows?
Yes. Because:

>Is it saving you time?
Yes. As a result:

>Is it improving your life in some way?
Yes.

>The answer to those is "no"
Presumptuous little bitch, aren't you? Maybe if you weren't running pre-rootkitted, pirated MS software on your Pentium 4, you wouldn't have such a poor(fag) experience.

>so why the fuck are you using Windows. Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.
Get a job, freetard.

This.

Nothing is safe from the forces of shit.

Unironically, why the fuck do you eat?
It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time destroying your teeth by shit that you can easily get from drip-bag, straightening teeth and dealing with obscure viruses, scurvy, viruses and bugs that one other person on the planet has experienced.
Are you making money from eating? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?
The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you eating.. Even water is a better choice for Pete Sake.