Repair nightmare thread

I have had the worst luck lately when it comes to iPhone screens, Jow Forums
I've gone through 3 of them with 2 different sellers and all have had defects. I really don't want to go through the same song and dance again.
Where do you get your replacement parts? Most reputable shops (and those to stay away from)?

Tell me your repair stories.

Attached: iphone-6-.png (593x392, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2018/04/10/ftc-reminds-phone-makers-cant-void-warranties-repairs-made-using-unauthorized-parts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>7+
>ifixit screens cost $90, no labor, parts, tools, seal included, seal costs $7ish dollars
>official screen repairs cost $170, labor included and no risk of blame games with warranty
>pay $80 for labor and no blame game + $90 for screen guaranteed to work
Seems like a good deal for me. Really makes you think

Attached: Thonking.gif (373x373, 278K)

The problem is I've already opened the phone, so Apple will refuse a repair. Whoops.
At least I know what the hell I'm doing, just had bad luck with 3rd party sellers.

>I've already opened the phone, so Apple will refuse a repair
Not if you replace the adhesive, probably

Literally the only nightmare are customers that have fucked up their iPhones and tried to repair it themselves. I buy screenps in bulk from a reliable company in China. I also get ghetto people wanting the apple logo to light up. Then they come back and complain the battery drains fast. No shit it is. Some guy took his shirt off threatening me because I told him it was gonna be $5 to inspect it and fix it. Literally a great fuckin deal.

I would never ever get into apple product repair as a job, it sounds hellish.

Take it somewhere else that does repairs. Lots of computer/phone repair shops around. Find one.

Haha whoops
Trying my luck once more, lads.
i love ebay

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (614x238, 8K)

Don't get me started on all the shitty repairs I have to fix from apple care employees. It's what makes the most money, but literally everyday I have to talk to some apple hipster, who feals entitled to need the repair in an hour. We started selling hackintosh laptops and desktops in trade for broken macbooks. Some people like the hackintoshes and decide to trade it in, we also lone it with insurance policy.

>Sony Xperia Z2
>Audio jack broke
>Try to fix it, break camera
>Try 3 different audio jacks none work
>Find out mb connector is broken
>Phone completely broken now (screen still werks)
>Sell it as a replacement part with working screen
>Buy new Z2 from the same money
>Profit

When it breaks again I'll do it again. Some retard will buy it and I get a refurbished Z2 again. Z2, the eternal. Hoping it can last as long as my K800i, this thing is indestructable.

I once fixed a laptop that had FUCKING 32 KEYBOARD SCREWS.
Like fucking why.

making me appreciate my thinkpad all that much more, user

iFixit parts are complete and total shit. The batteries die immediately, the screens have shit colors and horizontal lines and cost 90 fucking dollars. They're just chink brands with new labels. Their repair guides are fucking excellent but every part I've bought from them is a total disaster.

Just replacing the screen doesn't void the warranty

hmm, good to know. I never had to order from them, but if I wanted to order genuine parts, where would I go? (and/or adhesive)

>selling hackintoshes
Yeah mate, that's illegal

Apple doesn't sell parts (ofc lol), but on eBay you can find refurb screens (new glass) and almost new batteries. Those are pretty much brand new Apple parts, and I've (and know others who've) had good luck with them.

If an apple tech can verify that you have changed the screen (they can) they will refuse you service.

No they cant
androidpolice.com/2018/04/10/ftc-reminds-phone-makers-cant-void-warranties-repairs-made-using-unauthorized-parts/

That is fucking hilarious.

Apple confirmed for nigger brand.

I doubt Apple will comply to that law.
It's cheaper for them to just pay a fine.

Best part is they were different sizes, and some didn't hit the keyboard if you placed them in the wrong places.

Customer facing jobs are awful to begin with. Having one and dealing with angry appletards must be unbearable.

Apple tech here. Most customers that come to us either have enough money to not care about prices, or they are too ignorant to realize there could be more reliable devices out there for a better price, so they pay up to keep their little status symbols
Nah, they won't refuse service, but if there's any dents in the frame they'll claim a new screen can't be fitted and will only give you a quote for a replacement unit. Also Apple considers the display, home button, speaker and receiver, all a single part. So if you have a fake screen and get home button issues, you haave to replace the whole display.