Headset

I wantto buy a new gaming headset. I want it to be wireless and ive got 2 options so far, first being arctis 7 and second cloud flight. Do u know which one perforsm better? reliability is also somewhat important to me. thanks

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBQQa65X6F0
instructables.com/id/Universal-Headset-Microphone-Boom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy the arctis pro if you can, having two hot swap batteries is amazing. Once the one you're using is empty just put it in the dock and it will charge while you're draining the other one. It's literally constant up time instead of having to charge overnight.

my artics 7 is still running perfectly fine after since 2017. one feature i liked is able to mix sound chat(this could be anything from music to discord) and game

you might buy extra ear cushions because mines smell every other day since summer so i wash it atleast a week

>I wantto buy a new gaming headset

>Gaming
>Wireless
Yikes

is there anything wrong with gaming headsets?

my friends tell me that hyperx have better audio quality, but i like steelseries products

>>/v/

They typically get a bad rep for having VERY poor performance per dollar compared to buying a pair of normal headphones and a separate mic, just due to the typical "gaming" markup. If you _really_ want wireless though it's probably a valid use case, since there isn't really a good non-gaming replacement product in that area as far as I know.

im using a separate mic rn and i just hate the inconvinience

>is there anything wrong with gaming headsets?
user, where do I start....

Attached: file.png (720x696, 643K)

best combo?

what i want from a headset is comfort and convinience, and while i can get comfort from music oriented headsets the fact that i have to attach a mic somewhere just kills it for me

+ i own a pair of somewhta good music headset and i just cannot imagine yself using it for gaming

Arctis 7 is 20ms audio. I DJ and scratch on them and notice no latency lag. NATUS are bringing out a 16ms lossless audio unit for musicians and DJ's to use their own cans wirelessly. You won't notice it.

most people have something like pic

Attached: file.png (640x427, 356K)

BTW the only downside I have found with the Arctis 7's is they don't sit around your neck comfortably when you hand them there. They kinda choke you. The Cloud's I see got a big thumbs up on comfort. But they have more latency lag.

Check this review of a whole heap of wirelewss gaming headsets.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBQQa65X6F0

not an option for me, i dont have anywhere to pu it

im watching it right now, thanks

Sorry it was the HyperX Flight's that are rated for comfort around the neck. I will see if I can find info on the latency.

I forgot to add. The Arctis 7 comes with a dongle on a cable to place it away from the PC and the dongle has 3.5mm audio in and out jacks on the rear so you can plug something like a DJ controller into the headphones jack or any other music device. It was the main reason I got mine despite the comfort issues. If you don't care for that the HyperX Cloud Flight's are the better option for comfort and sound so I hear/saw.

i heard the cloud have poor wireless range, only around 10 meters

Might be an issue for some but how far will you wander from your PC/console?

Arctis does have good range though I must admit. If only they were designed more like the Cloud Flights for comfort around the neck. I've emailed HyperX and told them they missed a trick with not having an audio in and out on their dongle.

If you are gonna be in front of your PC, why the fuck do you need them to be wireless?

We had an annoying fucking asshole in our guild with a wireless headset who never took it off even when he was afk. He went to the bathroom and took a shit, hearing him shit all over his toilet, had them on when he decided to clean the house and put on his 3219032190Db vacuum cleaner.

God fuck off, just put them down at the desk.

Attached: 1377142825583.jpg (298x279, 47K)

i very often roll over the wire with my chair

So far, the Arctis 5 is the best headset I've ever owned. I use it on my PC,PS4, and phone calls. I find it very comfortable too.

Just use decent headphones with a clip-on mic.

Attached: 1527263038008.jpg (616x705, 78K)

ive mentioned several times that its something im trying to avoid

get a ModMic (they are a bit overpriced) or attach a microphone to your headphones like in this tutorial instructables.com/id/Universal-Headset-Microphone-Boom/

Attached: diy.jpg (684x684, 38K)

Just get an extension cable if necessary and clip it to part of your desk at the right length.

thanks ill look into it

buy the Audeze Mobius OP.

way out of my price range :c

I enjoy my artics 5. The cord sometimes gets in the way, but I still prefer it to wireless.

>>>/reddit/

I own the Arctis 5 and enjoy it, the game/chat audio mixer knob is handy as well.

Philips SHP9500S + V-Moda BoomPro is the best combination in general.

If you require wireless, the Arctis 7 is the best option.