Literally less than 24 hours since announcement and 0 dedicated threads on Jow Forums

>Literally less than 24 hours since announcement and 0 dedicated threads on Jow Forums

Honestly, for such a massive event, why the fuck is this not getting more attention on this board?

Attached: 1528122243-microsoft-github-press-image.jpg (664x467, 18K)

we don't care, people who had a problem with proprietary centralized services already didn't use github, retards who got caught off guard by this were just ignorant of where the company was heading for years

>0 dedicated threads on Jow Forums
You mean besides the 50 other threads? Retard

0 active threads

And honestly I'm amazed there aren't a dozen up right now

For how many days should we discuss this? It happened, get over it and poo in the loo, faggot.

>0 dedicated threads
Are we talking about the same board? Jow Forums didn't shut up about it on the last couple of days.

>less than 24 hours since announcement
Since the OFFICIAL announcement, no one cares about that.

>tfw I'll finally get credit for my git commit history from working at a company that uses GitLab
Thanks Microsoft for killing GitHub

Attached: 1521929365359.png (902x720, 589K)

why would there need to be an active thread? it's a dead topic. there's been non stop threads for DAYS and it's over and finished. everyone already moved to gitlab.

fuck back off to /v/ and learn shit days late like a normie, you fucking normie

What is "GitHub"? is it some kind of cheap clone of GitLab?

yeah, we need more whining! with all the stupid millenials flooding 4chin there's no enough whining about stuff

Attached: 1515688811128.png (1063x781, 798K)

Why should I give a fuck about this shit? Best case, nothing really changes. Worst case, I effortlessly switch to another service.

>Using shithub ever

Because mods are a bunch of massive fags who deleted all threads about it.

I deleted all my repositories last night and switched to a free plan. Self-hosting with cgit now. feels good and was easy.

Attached: 1528301944819.gif (480x270, 1.63M)

Honestly Microsoft buying it is better than the alternatives of Google or Amazon

Yesterday, there were about 15 threads about this. Where they gone?

May be just bump limit or lack of traction.

>May be just bump limit or lack of traction.
No, they were systematically deleting threads as soon as they were being created. Check the archive.

So, No Freedom (of speech & thought) even here on Jow Forums ... Jow Forumsulag

reddit has all the freedom and cancer capacity that you need
Go back there

What more is there to say about it?

Fuck. What to use now?

Because most of Jow Forums doesn't program or even understand the difference between git and github.

Also because this is a non issue. Its incredibly easy to move your .git folder somewhere else.

I was in 2 seperate threads last night alone. Where the fuck have you been? there's nothing left to discuss

Gitlab you ultra noobfag

true

Attached: KEK.jpg (691x830, 81K)

yeah but how am I finna host that on my own? cuz I ain't

Using MS Servers =/= Being owned by MS

This board is fucking dead.

Using MS servers = giving money and access to MS.
I wonder why you're so angry at this fact?

microsoft themselfs had the most contributions to projects anyway. not like this changes much, yet.

(You)

they were literally bought out by microsoft you insufferable mouthbreather. What rock have you been under?

github is super gay anyway but normies will eat anything microshit any day
>github automagically packaged as a wangblows app now
FUCK

The next Creators' Update will scan all attached drives for git repos and move them to your free trial GitHub account.

>implying i care what micro$oft does

They can fuck off and die.

t. linuxneet

>Honestly, for such a massive event, why the fuck is this not getting more attention on this board?
The only MASSIVE EVENT is going to watch everyone leave Github in droves like rats on a sinking ship.

MS at best has ignored the open source community, at worst they actively shit on it. This is going to be so funny watching get MS totally BTFO by making a stupid assumption that they can buy into open source and that anyone will take them seriously

>mfw my company is still using SVN
>tried talking my supervisor into upgrading to git only to get yelled at

Attached: frustration.jpg (347x233, 45K)

i'll bite
4chang was founded by a teenager you gay boomer
back to the_donald you go

That's gitlab, you illiterate mouth-breather.

>still using SVN
I'm so sorry user.

How in the hell is GitHub worth $7.5 billion?

It's the price they paid to kill freedom

>github somehow represented freedom before microsoft
dumbass. they regularly deleted repos they disagreed with.

reddit reddit reddit that’s all Jow Forums talks about
you guys are obsessed

>github
Who cares about facebook for nerds ?

They obviously don't bring in that much revenue but it's hard to put a value on the analytics gained from having full control of the entire platform

Jow Forums cancer does not count. Fuck off, there are bigger things to worry about.

lol you're a fucking idiot if you thought that github, a for-profit company, was ever even in the realm of promoting anything that has to do with the word freedom, particularly in the software sense.

>webm for retards is pol cancer

>github didn't promote OSS
haha, so did microdaddy host all your OSS projects, created those OSS APIs and actively encouraged OSS practices?

fuck off commie

Attached: 1479784335783.gif (650x857, 188K)

>that 38 year old boomer that unironically styled Microsoft as Micro$oft back in the 90s

Attached: 1527803773331.png (380x349, 70K)

Soon enough you'll need to create an Office™ 365© account to add wiki files to your projects with the new GitHub standard format (.docx). Markdown is now deprecated.

You'll also need a Business Edition™ account in order to have more than 2 repositories. Also every repo comes with a 500 commit limit. Want more? You'll need that sweet Microsoft Azure plan.

Repos with harmful code (e.g scripts that stop Windows 10 telemetry services) are gonna be removed.

>that 14 year old millennia brainlet that ironically styled Micros**t as Microsoft in the current year

Attached: 1518023822849.png (544x529, 54K)