Python's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it

Python's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it

Attached: Python.svg.png (2000x2000, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/1987/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Python's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it
this but unironically

I heard people here recommending java for starting out. Is it a meme?

Python seems easier and have more popular learning materials

t. NSA

Attached: 1456792752488.png (2992x2992, 531K)

>you can do almost anything with it
unless it includes something you'd need to distribute to windows users who don't have python installed. Or graphics heavy stuff like video games.

>unless it includes something you'd need to distribute to windows users who don't have python installed.
they can just install python?

> Or graphics heavy stuff like video games
you'd be a fool to write a game in Python--but you still could if you wanted to

Is it enough for simple android apps (personal use, like some smart database or something)?

What about web apps?

Try to make a serious program with an annotation "due to my incompetence, install this software that you don't understand or won't need, called python, please".

or this. python on android.

I don't know about crapple cells, but with android you can install termux and then install python.

wait, what? Is there something I should be aware?

You could just package it as an exe like youtube-dl does.

This is not a problem python has

Depends who you ask

You can't write a kernel in it, nor should you make anything but simple scripts. I fucking hate all those idiots who keep making full programs in python; slowest lang ever

>beginning with Java
"Here, type these twenty arcane formulas. Disregard all of them. Here's the part that I will actually teach you now."

C and C++ are the chads of beginner languages.
>limited syntactic overhead
>can reduce a hello world program so much that there's nothing unexplained in it for a total beginner

Learning programming is much easier when syntax is introduced as it's explained, instead of being frontloaded with no meaning.
And OOP is the worst for teaching a newbie programmer.

>install software that you need
>"to use this software you must install python, which you don't need"
how stupid are you?

Attached: 1528175462315.png (485x443, 23K)

what shitty operating system you use, that doesn't even come with python preinstalled?

I bet your OS comes with Bash preinstalled.

The user is implying that the person would need to have python installed in order to use software written in Python (no shit!)

my OS came with python ootb, as does most if not all Linux distros. For fucks sake even MacOS comes with python installed. it's really just windows that doesn't come with it preinstalled. not that I am surprised, it's the year 2018 and wincucks still need to install Play-Doh if they want to ssh into their server
>"b-b-but my games bro! how am I supposed to play fortnite?"

Attached: 1527481101127.jpg (500x432, 93K)

Best language is C though

Arch came without Python KEK

turing machine's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it.

Attached: ebin.jpg (5066x3377, 831K)

This

python is Perl for transgenders

It's retarded to start with Java. Every program must have a class with a Main method. So you need to learn object-oriented programming in order to do a Hello World.

I agree
Python is awesome
I regret for not learning it sooner

Java is a really nice static OOP language
Python is a really nice dynamic OOP language
Different things
You can get results much faster in Python but Java is better for performance

I disagree with C++ but I agree that C is awesome as a language you should learn
C demystifies other languages and by learning C you become better in Java, in Python, etc
It's amazing how much awesomeness Ritchie managed to put inside C, there isn't another language as elegant, as minimalistic or as powerful as C

>You could just package it as an exe like youtube-dl does
based

>brainfuck's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it.
Theoretically yes, practically no

This

Unironically that's a bad thing about Java, when you are a beginner having to wrap everything in classes makes things complicated and adds noise
Same about Python, if you start on Python you will learn to rely on the sloppy practices of Python and you will have a hard time learning a new language (I believe Python is the worst language for beginners)
In my opinion the proper order to learn languages is

>Pascal
>C
>Haskell

You may skip Pascal but I still believe that Pascal is great language for beginners

After those 3 (2) languages you may learn Python, Java or a Lisp-like language (Scheme, Clojure, etc)

I hate that ad

I would use Python more, but the package manager is a fucking disease and it's even worse on Windows. Then there's all that Anaconda shit which conflicts with Jupyter, it's a fucking hellhole. Also, having to install virtualenv just to get dependencies in the same directory.

xkcd.com/1987/

>you should pay us to teach you what you can find in any beginner tutorial

>Implying that people still download software
If you need to distribute a script internally to IT then they know how to install Python. If you want to get some code out commercially don't make desktop software lol

>xkcd

Attached: 1517265988956.gif (800x600, 144K)

For typical web apps use Django, it's the goto for the backend Python community and for good reason. If you want something lightweight flask is a good alternative as well.

except when you need
- fast startup times that actually justify using an interpreter
- reliable package manager(s)
- high throughput or low latency
- well performing FFI
- a well enough designed language to write software with more than 500 LoC
- a good embedding API
- sandboxing
- actual strong typing beyond basic literal checks
- a community of devs that actually know their stuff
- semantics that can actually be JIT compiled to something faster than ~7 avg speed
- a standard library that isn't cancer
then Python suddenly sucks dongs

Me too user...

except losing yuor virginity fucking nerd

Attached: socash.jpg (242x251, 10K)

except write fast code

>all these boomers buttmad their ancient languages are getting btfo by a new one

I'm still waiting for the rest of my semi-infinite tape to arrive.

Attached: delet_this_rn.png (497x351, 257K)

arch doesn't have a window environment by default either

Jesus Christ people believe this

I use Python, Ruby, JS, NodeJS, PHP, Rust, C, C++, and Scala.

Whatever is the best tool for the job.

yes, python has an enginnered back door, when you code a program and save it .py it immediately send your information to NSA

shame that doing anything with strings is like walking on a minefield

>Python's where it's at, you can do almost anything with it
Still a shitty scripting language.

Real programmers use fixed size strings and macros. Always macros.

Id recommand Xamarin for simple android app. Its in C# and you work in Visual studio.

This.
I love C but fuck manipulating strings with it.

So many memes, so little time. Python is an awesome lang if you want to get a job and be a useful member of society.