/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __pod_and_yorha_no_2_type_b_nier_series_and_nier_automata_drawn_by_marmalade_elfless_vanilla__329b83 (1086x1555, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ccyixy.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
youtube.com/watch?v=qAaq0mpk9TE
youtube.com/watch?v=IUN7ZdsRAGQ
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-plus-universal-iems
youtube.com/watch?v=pdmk3748tLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily reminder for the staxfroganon not to give into the sennheiser and beyerdynamic shills

Attached: 1523180884244.png (1577x1000, 912K)

Thanks friendo

why do stax headphones look like a waffle iron?

my.mixtape.moe/ccyixy.flac

Attached: Initial D First Stage - 11 (DVDRip 704x480 x264 AC3).mkv_snapshot_19.41_[2014.07.03_10.38.41].jpg (704x480, 71K)

my xiaomi piston 3 earphones broke and they don't seem to make them anymore, any suggestions for earphones like them?

Why don't other headphones look this good

Attached: IMG_20180606_012343412_LL.jpg (4000x3000, 2.77M)

reduced drag so they can go fast

stax + kannon

I know right.

Attached: IMG_20180212_202316.jpg (1600x1200, 739K)

What are you talking about these look great. Make sure you leave on the mandatory static cover - wouldn't want a spec of dust to ruin your ultra sensitive electrostatic vibrator.

Attached: stax.jpg (400x400, 37K)

Man it's already chipped at the bottom. Jesus.

what is this user?

Attached: IMG_20180212_202316.jpg (1600x1200, 963K)

Attached: 1505800669836.png (1818x243, 51K)

DELETE THIS

stax

looks like gaudy gamer gear 2 be h

You gotta admit these are some slick motherfuckers

Attached: ilabs_DSF7212[1].jpg (1000x714, 170K)

Ebay has a 20% off coupon today. What do I get?

>HD600 $225
or
>HD700 $285

Is this real??

Attached: nani.png (1041x1500, 1.19M)

HD600.

1990s look amazing too. Which fidelios are those?

Attached: IMG_20180606_150146384_LL~2.jpg (3129x2782, 1.27M)

L2, the X2's smaller, sleeker, sort-of-portable brother.

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

reminder:

>Don't shit on modhouse just because you hate the argon owner. Modhouse guy open sourced his designs for free and admits that he is incredibly stressed out to the point of anxiety attacks due to his work. That's not fair.
>Fuck argon user for running his products into the ground by being such a shithead. Shame on you.
>Literally no one had anything bad to say about them other than being skeptical due to them being t50rp mod. I don't think argon user realizes how much of a piece of shit he is.

hes too young to understand

Stay the hell away from the HD700.

It's all clear now. Me buying Argon is bad for Argon because I said I bout Argons and anons don't like Argons and Argons.. Argons and something about a butterfly and metal gymnastic and I am a bad guy because Argons and not buying kannons. Argons.

see I told you he wouldn't understand he's too young, still a teenager

if he understood he wouldn't act that way in the first place

You are incapable of admitting fault even to yourself. Fucking asshole
You are right

This POC is the owner of stax earspeakers and because of your shilling he has had to work hard and get lots of money. Can't you see you are hurting him because you bought and shilled his products. Apologize for yous sins white man!

Can you elaborate as to why?

>incredibly stressed out to the point of anxiety attacks due to his work
Can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen. Stop orders and call it quits. But guys you have to choose.. Am I Argon shill or am I a evil man trying to sabotage his product by posting on a anime image board with up to 40IPs and was you gonna buy them after shitting on them relentlessly? You guys have a lot of growing to do.

Attached: Argon anon.jpg (696x464, 43K)

you're an annoying child shitting up a niche general with your faggotry

100% true. The blu tack meme came from a stax shill himself after trying to justify bad build.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

You would be better off shutting up instead of shilling the way you do and shitting in everything else. You only hurt the image of Argons because everyone here associates them with you. I don't feel comfortable recommending them because you force them so hard in people

>I don't feel comfortable recommending them
Says the kike of kikes. You only shill things you own. Selfish boy.

Just got the HD800

STAX!!!!!!
Stax are the only headphones!

*chips*

I own stax and love 'em but I don't feel comfortable recommending them because you force them so hard in people. Shame.

Attached: 1526180621838.jpg (377x351, 24K)

You don't own stax. You have never posted pictures of your setup. You are also a liar and make disingenuous memes. A good example is here . Those are not $4.5k headphones. Get it right, be honest.

I'll post on of my receipts if I find it. I buy a lot of stuff you see. Also them meme is stax can be lets say excessive when it comes to price. Take the d50 $1300. But if I do post the receipt you won't like it. Like I said I don't own a camera.

Attached: How Sad 2.png (473x386, 113K)

I ordered argons and I feel bad about it because I have to be associated with this shitposting retard.

Attached: 1526654585737.jpg (753x999, 160K)

Sure, you're preference mang.

You have proven yourself to be a liar. You need to prove of with a picture. Borrow a camera or phone. Of course I won't like it if you post some easily shopped image. You have no credibility and that is earned.

>I have to be associated with this shitposting retard.
Is that how that works? I became Argon user though hard work. You don't get to live in my shadow.

You just don't like it. Even if I did you would conjure up something else in a attempt to save face. Take it as you will.

damn this anime drawings are so hot, what is that make one feel attracted to drawings ? dammit

Attached: 1453124240526.jpg (910x683, 60K)

No one gets railed and targeted as much as you do. It's because you are an asshat. You either do something to change your approach or you will continually be gatekept by the majority of people here and your opinions will be disregarded.

>Borrow a camera or phone
he obviously has a phone man, everybody has a phone and a camera these days, even the homeless. that excuse doesn't work anymore but he's too stupid to realize how dumb it sounds.

My mom once gave $20 to a homeless person in a wheelchair. He took out his phone, folded up his wheelchair, attached it to his bicycle, and peddled off right in front of her

They are mad because I shine too bright in their eyes. I did not even start this one.

Attached: t60rp.jpg (750x500, 122K)

We don't talk about the hd700

No, we are telling you exactly why we gate you and you refuse to listen.

Wonky frequency response. Very divisive sound signature. At the very least don't buy them before trying them out. Very comfy and well built, though.
Sub-$300 is a pretty attractive price for them though, I have to admit - you could likely sell them for at least that much in case you don't like them.

It's cute that you think I care what guys think of me. I am above that.

Then stop trying to defend yourself.

I know, i'm pretty sure I was among the first anons to get the argon but prefer not to post too much about them now
I'm worried i might have been the one to meme him into buying them in the first place

he got them because of z

What's special about any of the fostex planars and their various modified versions anyway. I've never heard anyone talk about their "great bass" or "incredible imaging" or anything really. What attributes do they have that make them stand out? Im sure they have something but it seems everyone here that owns them is too busy shitposting to talk about them anyway

Attached: 1525313290887.gif (268x185, 1.43M)

Nothing is special about them.

there's nothing special about them at all, they're just easy to mod and mess around with which made them popular with DIY hobbyists

the idea of buying them pre-modded is sort of perverted

>argon user falseflagging
lol

I don't know, i guy was asking about them and i reply my impressions, a few days later argonanon started posting

I guess that would explain why they only shitpost

The drivers are nothing special and rather small too. The tuning on the argon actually looks pretty dope and I can see why people like them.

It sucks argon user is such a kike.

The hardest part of building a planar driver is tensiining the membrane correctly, both audeze and hifiman have problems doing this which results in too dark or highly distorted sound, fostex on the other hand does it right but their driver is too small to create a lot of bass so the modding community tries to fix this by changing pads and the earcup design and dampening
Argons are different because they have a modded driver as well

Are the Shure 846’s worth the money?

Attached: 75F4B89D-678F-40F8-B336-1D93F59AA04B.jpg (500x333, 47K)

Look at all of you talking about me. I have not told anyone to buy them. Now you guys are arguing with yourself again. You guys need to chill.

Attached: hpure.jpg (280x275, 48K)

you come here flaming all the time, it's literally the reason people hate you, trying to pretend you're chill the whole time is retarded

You imply it when you shit on everything that isn't them, moron.

I try my hardest to hold the pace when you guys start false flagging as me.
I only shit on shills and kannons

no. you come here all the fucking time trying to be le epic trole. you're the worst poster on this general.

>false flagging as me
False flagging doesn't happen to people who are willing to post their setup. You could also trip up

Now that you guys stopped fighting each other what music you listening to?

Forgot pic. I am feeling Dream theater.

Attached: Capture.jpg (2560x1440, 370K)

oh they're just getting started fighting are you new lol

>I try my hardest to hold the pace
I thought you didn't care what people think of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=qAaq0mpk9TE

>you come here all the fucking time
Kinda true. Last thread I was mostly not apart of.
>trying to be le epic trole
Just because you get mad about me talking about stax build quality dose not a troll make.
>you're the worst poster on this general.
Subjective and I respect your opinion
Are you the same guy that told me to post my wrist in a perverted attempt to masturbate to me?

Attached: aune-x7s.jpg (800x400, 49K)

Kid, I want to see your setup not your wrist.

I can not do death metal vocals.

Attached: why.png (328x482, 220K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IUN7ZdsRAGQ

should i buy these? i cant make up my mind

Attached: cap.jpg (955x637, 41K)

forgot link, massdrop plus are out
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-plus-universal-iems

For me, it's the process of tinkering and tweaking, and the satisfaction of being able by yourself to transform a quite thoroughly unremarkable and 'meh' sounding headphone into a good or even great-sounding one.

youtube.com/watch?v=pdmk3748tLo

Attached: 1430695214715.jpg (3264x2448, 417K)

>$1000
you could just get customs at that price

if you prefer a darker signature. the stock cable will also break within a year.
they're not $1k giant killers but they're solid. look into campfire also.

sound slightly worse than my Tin audio T2's with worse build quality
also
>Shure IEM's
>Literally ever
Sure is the meme of high end IEM's, especially given how saturated it is at the moment with cheaper better alternative from smaller companies, chinese companies, and other large companies

Idol trash, etc.
Good night.

Attached: 1498328296232.png (1280x960, 1.64M)

It's a particular purchase. Since most IEMs are bass boosted, you have to ask: why this one?
The bass is tuned like a shelf filter with a reasonable Q factor and doesn't affect as much of the midrange as your typical bass boost. Nice and all, but you could do it with PEQ. Then again, EQ on portable players usually lacks either parametric flexibility or system-wide effect.
Like most Shures, the high-frequency extension is quite poor. The larger shell counteracts the usual comfort associated with Shure's concha fit design and contoured body.
It also has a tuning filter system, but only the treble (white?) filter can be called near balance. The system impedance sinks into the high-frequency range, so anything that has a slightly high Zout will depress the treble response further.
The earpiece is solid feeling. You can order full shell custom sleeves from Sensaphonics and others if you like it particularly much.

its strange how a few days ago i posted earbuds and everyone here seemed to hate against earphones over $100. whats up with this general?

you probably got something shitty for the price

link your post I'll tell you why you got hated on, it's probably something you didn't realize like being bluetooth

here

Should I buy these? Just found out about them and while I am usually a closed headphone guy I love the look and feel of the X2 and assume these are similar

you got shit on for falling for a zeos meme with very few reviews