/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot of tutorials on Youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=YySa723VD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost 2 offsets to overclock Ryzen 2000X series!
>Delid i5/i7 -K series

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen is unlocked)
>Only Z-series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Heavy usage/mutitasking
>32GB+ - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or RX 570/580; currently overpriced
>GTX 1070/Vega 56 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p
>GTX 1080Ti

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better price/GB) instead of small SSD & large HDD.
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>2K is not 1440p
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: TR2.png (1360x768, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qn7v6h/seasonic-focus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fm
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/49RzK8/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-8gb-windforce-video-card-gv-n107twf2-8gd
pcpartpicker.com/list/827wYT
pcpartpicker.com/list/jXJwYT
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-00A3-00001
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB
hackintosher.com/guides/amd-ryzen-hackintosh-guide-installing-macos-high-sierra-10-13/
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/4XyxFT/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n1070wf2oc-8gd
pcpartpicker.com/list/mPP6QZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

went ahead and bought it, right is the system it's going in. I'll finally be entering the current decade, at least partially

Attached: deal.jpg (1276x740, 186K)

You still have to buy a new PSU.
Everything else is reusable, maybe a new cheap SSD too.

1070ti zotac mini for 460€ yay or nay

>Mini
Nay.

get a quality PSU from seasonic since your current one is so old. Other than that you're good broham

Im literally about the buy the exact same 3 things + a new case then save up for a monitor + gpu next.

Whats wrong with minis

How's this one? I'll wait for a sale and try to get it for under $100 beaverbux
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qn7v6h/seasonic-focus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fm

Attached: 41E4ZQdArSL[1].jpg (500x375, 29K)

Depends, which GPU do you plan to use with it?

Lack of proper cooling and almost lack VRM cooling, which in high end cards matters a lot, more if you overclock, they are cards that die fast in general.

Save up €20 more for this one, the cooling on the mini won't be great
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/49RzK8/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-8gb-windforce-video-card-gv-n107twf2-8gd

Still cooling it doesn't look that bad in this one(If it did card would die in less than one year if it had a simple aluminium heatsink like other mini cards).

Not ideal, but not a bad choice, i hope you have great case airflow.

Attached: ZOTAC-GTX-1070-Ti-Mini-REVIEW-010a.jpg?resize=800%2C449.jpg (800x449, 84K)

In the US? Ebay sales putting them at like $255 if that hasn't expired already.

You fucktards who keep acting like PCs run at 100% load 24/7 need to kill themselves. I'm so tired of reading your bullshit.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/827wYT
I don't understand why this case is such a meme.
I also don't quite get why this is so expensive.
Also single channel memory is going to stutter.
Idk seems like you aren't getting much for that price before the discount. Slow ass single channel RAM etc.
A 2600X would be cheaper when you don't need to add a cooler.

I don't know why someone is memeing you trying to say a 650W PSU is "barely enough" either. A 650W PSU would run a 1080Ti and 8400 fine, let alone a 1070Ti.

No. Mini and Zotac. Not worth. Would only get EVGA or some high end models at that price.
Germany has Vega56 for 500 euro last I checked, assuming you have some similarly good Freesync monitor choices and don't have Gsync already.
Slower. Louder. And it's a Zotac.

A 280? You were bottlenecking the fuck out of it with your old CPU.

The user reviews for it are really trash.
Coil whine, DOA after DOA, and Zotac warranty service being complete shit.

It's a shame because they make cool mini models like that which others don't which seem good on paper. It's a sucks that they don't make them well.

Well its a chinese company, what where you expecting, their low end cards are good atleast.

I'm expecting them to be 50 dollars or euro cheaper if they're going to be so trash and basically not have a warranty.

What answer were you expecting?

Yes since this is a chinese company we are talking about.

Yeah, it's an R9 280. I have the CPU OC'd to 3.9 ghz but there's only so much that can do
I was going for a 1070 Ti but if prices drop I'll get a Vega 56/64

Then a 650W will work but you should get a 750W PSU.

I have trouble believing that ebay bids aren't just fake.
I was bidding on a used Nitro+ Special Edition. It ended at $285+$20 shipping.
New ones were selling for $300 with that code earlier today.
I wound up buying a used one with the code that was "buy it now" for $265.
So some either some retards wasted time bidding to pay more for a used graphics card than they are new, when they could also get used ones for less without bidding, or ... these bids on ebay are just plain fake.

Same shit with Vega. Thought I could win a bid to get a cheaper used Vega, but they keep going for more than they cost new.

Vega56 prices have been competitive with 1070Ti in pretty much all countries except Canada lately, if you consider Freesync savings.

This user doesn't know what he's talking about.
I have a 7970 and 1600X on a 600W. I could probably run Threadripper with my 7970 on this PSU.
20% over peak load is the most you need. Your system will rarely be at peak load.

Don't know why we occasionally get some oversized-PSU-autist in /pcbg/ every couple of threads that thinks you should have 2x the PSU size as your peak load.

Not to mention that power requirements are just going down. 7nm GPUs coming next year which'll use even less power.
Nvidia is launching a 1180 probably in August which'll likely be slightly better than 1080Ti performance at more around 1080 power consumption, which is very low.

pcpartpicker.com/list/jXJwYT

This will be close to my final build. Graphics cards prices have come down enough for me to be able to do a full system upgrade. What does Jow Forums think? It's saying the system will only use 500 W so the 750 W PSU might be overkill. Shame memory prices are still so high.

Attached: build.png (1037x910, 85K)

Slightly jealous, but the Nixeus IPS monitor is a bit better.
It is confirmed to support adaptive overdrive, a feature Gsync monitors have for more memeing.
It's also cheaper. And IPS not TN.
Only downside is the rather thick bezels but eh. I'd still recommend it.
Nixeus is pretty much the high standard as far as Freesync and panel quality goes.

Where are you getting the Nitro Vega for a reasonable price, anyway? Pls.

Could probably shave a few dollars off by buying a cheaper x470 mobo unless you really need all the features of the VII.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-00A3-00001
Wow I haven't even heard about this monitor or brand. It looks pretty good. The Samsung panel is VA and had good image quality ratings which is why it caught my attention. But as an IPS panel, the Nixeus monitor probably also has good image quality.

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/
Nitro Vegas haven't been in stock for one month. I'm not sure what Sapphire is up to. They were last selling at 800 USD but their competitors Vega 64s have dropped to below 600.

Tried looking for cheap Nitro and found the Strix 64 is $600. And $530 for the Strix 56, including Far Cry 5. Those would be juicy if I were less patient.
And before any asks if they're considering either, get the 56. It's ~95% as fast for less money. Most games just can't utilize the massive compute, disproportionate to its raster performance, of the Vega 64.

I almost regret getting an RX580 to hold out for 7nm GPUs... but no, better I just save for now.

A 970 EVO would be cheaper and faster and you could consider the Enthoo Pro M to save $90

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-00A3-00001
Oh it's still on sale? It was the other day but price jumped.
Yes, it's a VERY good monitor. It's equivalent to $600+ Gsync monitors.
Basically the best monitor you can get as long as you don't need 10bit HDR and don't mind the slightly thick bezels.
>this brand
Relatively new. This is like their second generation of monitor releases.

2nding the 970.
Or just get a 1TB fast SATA SSD. Add a fast 250GB NVMe or Optane with StoreMi later if you seriously feel the need for more drive speed.

Remove windows.
Get a 970 EVO.
Cheaper case.

Everything else is ok.

Currently rocking a fury x, any thoughts on if a 1080 would be a meaningful upgrade?

I game on 4k tv, typically at 1440 since the fury x can't do 4k too well.

This week I bought an i7-8700k, MSI Z370 M5 Mobo, 16gb of 3200mhz DDR4, a dark rock pro 4 and an MSI DUKE 1080. Spent about $900. Really enjoyed some sales from Fry's and today's eBay sale. How'd I do?

Reusing my old ass HAF 932 case, PSU, SSD. Can't wait to put it together this weekend.

You shouldnt reuse PSUs, the only rule about building a PC is don't cheap in your PSU.

I have a 550g3 new in box that I picked up for cheap on Craigslist. Should I just use that instead?

You need a 650W PSU so no.

Hello /pcbg/ I am looking to upgrade my PC, it currently has 6GB RAM, Nvidia 750TI and a 3GHZ E8400

I was thinking of moving up to a 1050 TI with an i3 7100 3.9 GHZ, would this be adequate for more modern titles?

Welp. What's another hundred bucks anyway?

Thanks for the input.

That pathetic build is pulling 400w max.

>I3-7100
Look for a Ryzen 2200G instead, or a I3-8100.
Skylake and Kaby lake are obsolete.

I saw a brand new 1070ti sold for 370€ a few days ago with the bids. There are also a few other deals going on right now
Are these legit or no

What improvements are expected from 7nm vega vs 14nm vega? It's essentially the same architecture right, just smaller?

Acceptable price for an old 960? I want to wait for the eventual 11xx release

Ill look into it thanks

Attached: bogdanoff.webm (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Nothing can do 4k well.
You'll be doing 1440-1800p upscaled to 4k no matter what GPU you get except maybe a Titan V.

I'd recommend Vega 56 or Vega 64 unless you're in Canada, though. Freesync monitors are way cheaper. Vega64 outdoes the 1080 at high resolutions, and uses less power than the Fury by a bit, especially undervolted.
A 4k TV isn't ideal to game on because of the crazy latency and that they typically aren't even a true 60hz. And if a 4K TV is good to game on, it'll have Freesync support.

You're going to "upgrade" to a last gen 2 core?
Sounds fucking retarded.
Just get a 2400G and sell your 750Ti while people will still pay stupid amounts for them. Upgrade GPU when GPU prices go down.

He's wrong. That'll run on your 550w G3 fine so long as you're not overclocking.
115w or so from the CPU and about 230w from the GPU at peak. You're fine.
You did well except in not getting AM4 to be ready for that 7nm upgrade.

I saw some 1070Ti for $370 new with the 20% off on ebay, but there were only like 20 of them before they sold out. Lmao.
Haven't seen that with bids, though. I keep seeing bids going for more than you can get shit new.

35% more performance and 2x perf/watt over 14nm.
So 3700X is going to completely BTFO the 8700k. It's already close with fast RAM.

Just think of all those people who got memed into getting a 7700k last year, only for a faster CPU to come out a few months later that requires a new motherboard.
People on Ryzen 1000 series got to upgrade and use their same cooler and motherboard, just needed new thermal paste, if not use the included coolers, to a CPU better than the 7700k. People who got memed into buying the 7700k to have "the best gaming performance... for a few months" had to buy all new boards.
It's going to be the same shit all over again. 8700k is only going to be the fastest for games for a few months.

like $50-$60.

I3-8100 is a 4 core CPU, while the I3-7100 is a 2 core CPU, also slower.
Ryzen 2200G is also good, more or less the same.

Then it will be enough for modern titles.

what's stopping you from getting a ryzen?

Technological illiteracy

Okay thanks. 1050 TI should do the job too right? You think a little RAM might not hurt?

Thanks for the GPU advice. High latency is becoming a thing of the past - I bought a budget/midrange TV and I get like 14ms or so input lag - perfectly acceptable.

Yes, also i hope you are aware DDR3 RAM doesn't work in newer motherboards and you need to buy DDR4 RAM.

Thinking of buying this bundle for gaming, anyone able to help me decide if this worth it before i commit?
(Need new parts due to my PC constantly blue-screening)

Attached: new stuff.png (1161x428, 183K)

Yes ive had this dilemma in the past thanks

Is that USD or Canabucks?

that is retarded expensive if it's USD. Why can't you see that without asking us?
Why aren't you capable of googling and pricing those out individually? It's like High latency is becoming a thing of the past - I bought a budget/midrange TV
Meh it's still a thing.
Like I have a TCL and it's surprisingly fairly okay at gaming, but a proper monitor shits on it.

Some of those Samsung Freesync 4K are good enough, though.

Either one it's more expensive
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB

Sorry should have specified AUD

Thanks for the psu advice, I'm glad I can use this 550w.

Also, the 7nm looks interesting, but I'm excited for this i7

Ah Kagaroobucks, about $20 more for the bundle, if you buy them alone they are $650.
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwr8TB

Worth noting that the Vega 56 Strix dropped down to $530 US.
That's the best one you can get. Better than reference Vega 64 in a lot of games.
Overclock the HBM to 950mhz and it'll straight up match/beat the reference GTX 1080 in all but the most Nvidia favored games while supporting Freesync.

Thanks for figuring that out for him, but I'm bothered that he couldn't just google that stuff himself.

Also I'd generally recommend Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2666 RAM. It's 2666 at only 1.2v, so overclockable, AND it's dual rank. Usually the best budget RAM in just about every country I've seen consistently.
mATX is also comfy, especially for 2400G.

My Zotac 1080 Mini just werks. I not have any problem with temperature.

It shipped. I'm excite. Put off upgrading my GPU far too long.
7970 is going on my wall when I can get around to it.

Attached: firefox_2018-06-06_23-11-25.png (755x271, 134K)

wait is that a used or new one?

Used. New were $300 earlier today.

I'm not too concerned with warranty since I can just buy the parts and solder to fix myself.

You just got scammed if you bought it used.
You got a burned card.

You bloody imbeciles

Attached: pcbg.png (799x503, 110K)

Anyone got a picture of a delidded 7 2700x or 2700? This is 5 2600, but I need to see how an 8-core is arranged under the lid.
A true to scale schematic drawing will do too.

Attached: 6e2f4463-99fd-4b65-ab0d-9f46c3984e7d[1].jpg (700x455, 40K)

Attached: 5a344dd5fb8bf847c6bbe271194f08f7.jpeg?w=800.jpg (630x472, 53K)

Don't bump one of the threads then
Idk if you're fucking with us but it obviously wouldn't look any different

Attached: illust_47267006_20180607_022557.jpg (1000x1167, 501K)

Product quality wise, is it worth spending 10€ more on a MSI gpu instead of a Palit?

Yes, I've read that they're decent a couple of times but I'd avoid Palit, Zotac and Gainward

Does anyone have experience with Amazon Warehouse deals? Any problems with "like new" stuff not being actually in that condition?

Buying by brand is dumb
I wouldn't say MSI is always known for their quality either
Probably depends on who's selling what

Attached: __hoshihara_hikaru_rensouhou_chan_and_shimakaze_danball_senki_danball_senki_wars_and_kantai_collecti (750x1000, 187K)

I could get a ANUS 1050ti saving 20€ on the original. Apparently it's like new and only the box is damaged. The seller is listed as an amazon warehouse in Belgium.
Should I bite?

would I notice ANY relevant difference if I swap my RX470 for an RX570?

Only if refunds are accepted
Higher clocks

Attached: __iris_and_serena_original_drawn_by_erubo__fa02d53d34091b1fc0a5bc75c3ee9301.png (650x852, 451K)

the description is normally accurate and it doesn't matter anyway because if it's not up to your standard then you can get a full refund and amazon will even pick it up from you (in the uk anyway i'd assume the usa is the same). i bought some ram off amazon warehouse which supposed to be in like new condition and it was in really good shape like it had never been used before however one of the ram sticks was faulty so i asked for a refund and they collected it off me the following day.

Id assume its safe but does anyone have experience with undervolting / under clocking their gpus? I want to play around with my 1060 and try and get it silent. I dont care about performance dips as i only play csgo

Oh God I need to know the individual SKUs now!

2980x 2950x 2920x

>this kills the X299

bad goy

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Yay finally on an unlimited data plan. Gonna grab a large hdd and download all the switch games + 3 ps4 games

GTX 1070 415 € for a 100+ Hz 1080p gaming build y/n, about to pull the trigger

Also which i5 to match

I wonder if the 2950x will have two dummy dies again.

>TCL
Which model? I have the 43S405 and have been enjoying it a lot. I upgraded to it from a gaming monitor - while a monitor has better specs on paper, IMO when we're talking 0-15ms input lag the difference is just not noticeable unless you play super competitive high-framerate fps games.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

Idk I forget. I hardly care. Something that was on sale at Amazon for like $370, 55", 4K.

The color adjustment could be better, and backlight more even, but I'm happy with it as a TV.

That would be the ideal situation. Otherwise we'll see performance regression from 1950X to 2950X (assuming 2950X is again the 16 core, which I think is likely. 2970X and 2990X for 24 and 32)

415 Euro for the 1070 AND monitor? Sounds fine.
>which i5
8400 is the only Intel CPU worth getting for poorfags, and 8700k if you want to spend a lot to have the highest performance for only a few weeks before it's superseded by 8086k and then 3700X, so those are your obvious choices.

Thanks user!
Would you know if the silicon runs parallel or perpendicular to the writing on the lid?

I wouldn't know that. Had to be sure.

I need to buy a CPU. It needs to be fast, needs to be Intel, and I can't wait until 2019. I guess that means I should buy an 8700k (assuming I don't win the 8086 sweepstake). Anything I'm missing?

Why Intel?

Needs to be hackintoshable

You can buy 8086. It'll probably be like $500.

But why not just get an i5-8400?
It's pointless to buy any Intel CPU other than the i5-8400 and the 8086, most of the time.
You could go for an 8100 as well if the requirement is hackintosh.

>Needs to be hackintoshable
hackintosher.com/guides/amd-ryzen-hackintosh-guide-installing-macos-high-sierra-10-13/

>8086
It's just an overclocked 8700k right? No extra cache or anything. It looks like supply will be limited and prices will be high. Doesn't sound worth the premium to me.
>why not 8400
When I buy CPUs/mobos, I don't upgrade them for a long time. An i5 would probably cover most of needs right now, but I have a feeling that 5+ years from now I'll be glad I futureproofed.

Also I do have workloads that can actually use the extra threads (compilation mainly).

All sorts of weird issues, very latest versions don't seem to work, etc.

8700 non-k

If it's used consider saving up €57 more for a new one
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/4XyxFT/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n1070wf2oc-8gd

I feel like £50 extra to enable overlocking is reasonable, but another £50 (or more) for the slight stock OC on the 8086 isn't.

All the Zen CPUs use dual CCXs and have 0, 2, or 4 cores artificaially disabled. The APUs have one CCX and Vega but no solder
Threadripper is kinda the same but with 8 total CCXs
You also need to delid, get a high end cooler, and a much higher end motherboard if you plan to OC past 1.2V
The total cost is closer to $150 or more

Attached: illust_42815461_20180607_024946.jpg (533x800, 236K)

nah I don't intend to go crazy with the overclocking/overvolting
it already has higher stock clocks than the non-K and I intend to maybe bump them up a little from that.

Also, the text runs parallel to the die.
You're gonna get 10% performance gains at most and you still have to pay for a better motherboard

Attached: illust_44786932_20180607_102824.jpg (848x1200, 144K)

Can't wait for 2950X to replace my 1950X along with this shitty Gigabyte mobo

What card do I get for these monitors? I cant even fucking run csgo on my ultrawide, it crashes when it gets to the 3.5gb thanks to nvidia. Should I just chill until new cards get released? Or just get a 1080 for $450 and sell the 970?

pcpartpicker.com/list/mPP6QZ

The ultrawide is FreeSync so probably Vega
New NVIDIA cards will take a while and you still don't get to use the adaptive sync features

Attached: illust_20059969_20180607_103808.jpg (680x961, 197K)

does it make sense to buy an 8600K right now if my main goal is a 5GHz stable oc for muh single thread, or should I wait for 8 core coffee lake? Will those probably be harder to hit 5GHz without getting too hot due to moar corez?