Fell for the arch meme lads, and now my wifi won't work. Tried following some netctl tutorials on youtube, no dice...

Fell for the arch meme lads, and now my wifi won't work. Tried following some netctl tutorials on youtube, no dice. Help please?
Pic related, what ctljournal gives me

Attached: 20180606_213946.jpg (2880x2160, 2.08M)

Install gentoo you brainlet

network manager
firmware
wpa supplicant

wifi-menu

kys

Install Ubuntu

buttmad arch brainlet

>You need to instal 'wpa_supplicant'
case closed

it tells you to install wpa supplicant...

Please elaborate
It tells me that i need to install 'dialog'

install wpa_supplicant you fucking retard, and how about next time you don't test with a fucking hotspot

Let me guess, you updated and it tore itself apart?

it literally says there "you need to install wpa_supplicant"
don't bother with shit you don't know, just use

And how does one do that with no internet to install things with?

he wont have an answer kek.

but seriously dude just use debian. shit just works. don't fall for the rolling release meme.

ethernet?

put the package on a flash drive

by using the fucking live cd with wpa_supplicant installed you retard

Try, sometimes you can install some basic utilities offline. Worked for me

Thank you for the suggestion, i just might at this point. Any particular variant of debian you recommend?
Not available to me unfortunately.
I dont have a way to do that as my only computer is currently the one im trying to install arch on.

So 'pacman wpa_supplicant'?

>boot install env
>connect wifi since wpa_supplicant is preinstalled in the install env
>mount your install to /mnt
>pacstrap /mnt wpa_supplicant
it isnt rocket science

Attached: 1466409319853.gif (540x300, 363K)

ETHERNET YOU FUCKING TROGLODYTE HOLY SHIT ARE YOU FUCKING 12?
First you fail to perform the basic human function of READING TO FIND THE PROBLEM WHICH IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE HOLY SHIT AND THEN AFTER BEING SHAMELESLY HUMILIATED BY 5 DIFFERENT HOMOS YOU THEN ASK HOW TO INSTALL "how does me do the internet with no wifi :((((((((" SO GOD HELP ME YOU BETTER BE BAITING OR IM GOING TO FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND SKIN YOU ALIVE

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (900x900, 448K)

Read the wiki user...

Allow me to say this slowly, as apparently you couldn't read my reply a few posts up stating i dont have access to ethernet.

Me. No. Have. Ethernet.

Wpa_supplicant is preinstalled on the installation environment what do you mean you don’t have wpa supplicant

this is the correct solution

why doesn't arch automatically install wpa_supplicant as part of "base"? seems like an important package

>archlinux
deleted that shit and installed Elementary OS, now it feels like I have a mac

Attached: 1416514416854.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Awww OP, you were almost hackerman.
Back to Kali for you.

Holy shit boys it appears to have worked. I followed these steps and retried the netctl start command and it returned no errors! Thank you.

Ive spoken too soon. No errors now, but still no connection.

Okay user, it took me time to illustrate my rage into a post and as you should know other posts are going to appear before mine asking you the same well known answer because its so fucking obvious im absolutely POSITIVE that a fucking 9 year old can figure out
>no ettternit :DDD
Are you telling me that you live in the middle of fucking no where? go to a FUCKING LIBRARY AND USE THEIR INTERNET FUCKWIT
usb tethering? doing what these anons suggested?
Probably not because your too retarded to search things online let alone look at a fucking computer screen with your malformed eyes.
I fucking pray that you never obtain a job in the world as you alone would be a fucking hazard to everyone around you.

You are a pathetic writhing maggot that will accomplish nothing and will never be valued in life even as fodder for war.

Attached: 2711af401217f81abfa015de9c77d653657ad802_00.jpg (512x494, 31K)

Boot the live distro, connect to wifi, mount your shit like you did when installing, arch-chroot, and install the package(s) you need.

>Falling for the linux meme

Just install win10 with the linux subsystem

don't be a fucking dumbass
watch a tutorial video on setting up internet connectivity on arch
you are supposed to enable NetworkManager during the installation process (after you change root into your mount point), and after you finish the other installation steps, you boot into your Arch setup, and use nmcli to connect to your wifi
because you have enabled NetworkManager during installation, you shouldn't get strange error messages when you use nmcli

The ultimate state of Jow Forums.

>she didn't follow the fucking installation guide on the fucking wiki
Well, no shit you fucking dolt, you forgot to install wpa_supplicant, in which you would then use wifi-menu to connect, assuming you're not using NetworkManager or something.